Raphael Bussieres

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
I was meaning to look in my notes last night and it slipped my mind.
So this is from memory but...here goes:

I remember when he first started with Moncton and he looked overwhelmed. Definitely had skill, but was dealing with having less time and space to operate.

Having a late birthday has benefited him a bit, I think, to have that extra year to develop. He's got solid offensive skills, uses his size well, skates well. Seems to be putting the pieces together this year too. Last year, it just seemed that he was very raw. Like the tools were there, but everything wasn't working in concert with one another.

I haven't seen him yet this year though, so hard to give much more thought on that. He's part of a young crowd with Baie Comeau and though they learned some hard lessons last year, it appears to be paying off for them.

Usual things to work on: play without the puck, get bigger, stronger, continue to refine his skillset.

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski
I really like him for a late round pick this year... good offensive instincts.

If by late you mean late 2nd round, or at the very worst, late 3rd round pick, you're right. He has a great offensive instinct, top-6 potential. He can do everything on the ice, he is a good skater, a great playmaker but he is a sniper first. He has a solid and accurate shot. He is very good around the net. He is willing to play physical and why not, drop the gloves. He will need to work on his two-way game and work to get stronger though, but he has a good work ethic and he is very smart, so it's not a big deal.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Also, I agree that he'll probably be picked sometime in the middle rounds. My guess is 3rd rounder.
Kevin, he won't make it that far. He has a good deal of explosives to his game. He is an all round good offensive player with grit. I like him around early 2nd with the potential to really rise up the rankings. I see some traits of Huberdeau.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Kevin, he won't make it that far. He has a good deal of explosives to his game. He is an all round good offensive player with grit. I like him around early 2nd with the potential to really rise up the rankings. I see some traits of Huberdeau.

His off ice things may keep him out of the top 2 rounds...plus there are holes to his game...being a 3rd rounder isnt that bad...and i dont really see any similarities with Huberdeau other than they both shoot left...

If someone takes him top 60 they are making a mistake.

welcometothebigshow2

Mar 30, 2011
When he is hot, he is IMO a late-first, early second round pick, but with his inconsistency, I see him as a late 3rd-4th rounder. The potential is definetly there, along with his size.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Does anybody have any recent insights into this guy?

Wild just chose him, and there aren't a lot of us that know much about him :)

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Does anybody have any recent insights into this guy?

Wild just chose him, and there aren't a lot of us that know much about him :)

He is a bit raw but has a lot of tools. He might be lazy at times but nothing that can't be attributed to him being just a teenager learning the game.

He is strong, physical, fast and skilled. Projects as an all-around 2nd line winger than can score 50-60 pts and be physical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->