Confirmed with Link: Raphaël Lavoie loaned to Vasby IK of the Allsvenskan *UPDATE*

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
It also comes down to the import rule. He got out played by other imports and it sounds like most European leagues will actually enforce their import rules
SHL has no import rules. They used to have a limit of max 2 non-EU/EEA players per team, but it was removed almost 10 years ago.

Reactions: McDNicks17

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
he got cut. Another garbage prospect added to our system. Expect him to be 25 or 26 and he cracks our 3rd line winger position.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I thought they still had one but it was now spread over an entire organization
It's been discussed back and forth a few times. Lots of people wanted it since the thought was that otherwise SHL would be swamped with NA or Russian players, but so far so good. I'd say the league is better off actually.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Good. Allsvenskan is a much better level for him, although the league is pretty stacked this year because of COVID. Väsby is a newcomer in the league too, not sure if that's a good or bad thing for Lavoie. He should get plenty of opportunity, but there might not be a lot of support around him or veteran guys that he can learn from and I imagine they will have a pretty tough time against a lot of teams in that league.

MrKriben

Dec 16, 2014
Stockholm
he got cut. Another garbage prospect added to our system. Expect him to be 25 or 26 and he cracks our 3rd line winger position.
:D I think that is kinda harsh and also somewhat unrealistic to think that a player without any senior experience would be given a place and icetime in one of the SHL projected best teams for 20/21
I do think that Väsby in Allsvenskan is a better fit. He will get a much bigger role than he ever would get in Rögle and develop into senior hockey in a much better way.

MrKriben

Dec 16, 2014
Stockholm
Good. Allsvenskan is a much better level for him, although the league is pretty stacked this year because of COVID. Väsby is a newcomer in the league too, not sure if that's a good or bad thing for Lavoie. He should get plenty of opportunity, but there might not be a lot of support around him or veteran guys that he can learn from and I imagine they will have a pretty tough time against a lot of teams in that league.
I would say that it's a good thing. Väsby slid into their place due to Covid-19. They were the best team in the tier below and was on track to get promoted.
At the same time, the worst team in Hockeyallsvenskan 19/20 had (for a long while) money problem and were denied their place that they first was ruled to keep since the promotional/demotional playoffs were not held. This was then litigated during the spring and long into the summer as well so Väsby was not able to compete for the same quality of players as the other Hockeyallsvenskan teams. It means that they have more place than any other team for talent.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
2 assists today in his preseason game, both on the pp, 3 penalties. This assist wasn't really much, not sure about the other one. But good to see him on the 2nd line and getting PP time.

Reactions: Zaddy

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So Struds on yesterday was him talking about Bouchard vs Lavoie from a source back in Sweden that must've been at the game.

The scouting report on Lavoie was that he was really creative with the puck and goes to the night. Needs work on his play away from the puck. Struds hopes the coaches work with him on this as that league they do a lot of practicing. I just don't know how much time coaches will want to spend with these guys that are leaving as soon as they can.

Bouchard there really wasn't much of a report other than he has a real hard shot.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McJazz

Jun 18, 2016
Gothenburg
What do you guys feel is a reasonable upside for Lavoie? He has a long way to go still but he has scored at every level and been way, way above expectations this season. Can he become a 25+25 guy in a few years? I think he is an excellent prospect, a true steal at 38OV.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
What do you guys feel is a reasonable upside for Lavoie? He has a long way to go still but he has scored at every level and been way, way above expectations this season. Can he become a 25+25 guy in a few years? I think he is an excellent prospect, a true steal at 38OV.

Probably a super poor man Pierre Luc Dubois

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

I'm guessing something like Brett Connolly.

Great shot, but not quite skilled enough to be a regular top6 guy and not really your typical bottom six guy. Basically someone that can score 15-20 goals on the third line with softish minutes/match-ups.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
I'm guessing something like Brett Connolly.

Great shot, but not quite skilled enough to be a regular top6 guy and not really your typical bottom six guy. Basically someone that can score 15-20 goals on the third line with softish minutes/match-ups.
I think he’ll be a better offensive but worse defensive version of Pulju basically.

Bangers

May 31, 2006

He reminds me of a young Saad.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Do you have a link to the story? He has 8 goals and 10 points in 13 games, I find it hard to believe he got cut...

I hope that post was tongue-in-cheek, but he did get cut(or at least wasn't signed beyond the try-out) of an SHL team before ending up with the team he's on now.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
I hope that post was tongue-in-cheek, but he did get cut(or at least wasn't signed beyond the try-out) of an SHL team before ending up with the team he's on now.
Oh, yeah... the poster's comment made it sound like he got cut from this team too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->