• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I think that it's important to learn that sometimes you're arguing with someone on the internet and they have a silly position, and that's okay. You're not going to change anyone's mind online, it's all about everyone else reading the discussion. There are some things that you're not entire certain of and opinions can vary. Others where you know they're wrong and you know that everyone else knows they're wrong, and you can just leave them be. Nylander vs Rantanen is one of those situations where you can just let that person have their opinion and carry on with your life, because you can know for certain that you're right.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I think that it's important to learn that sometimes you're arguing with someone on the internet and they have a silly position, and that's okay. You're not going to change anyone's mind online, it's all about everyone else reading the discussion. There are some things that you're not entire certain of and opinions can vary. Others where you know they're wrong and you know that everyone else knows they're wrong, and you can just leave them be. Nylander vs Rantanen is one of those situations where you can just let that person have their opinion and carry on with your life, because you can know for certain that you're right.
This not true. I'm as stubborn as the next guy but if someone can present a well articulated thought out argument for why Marner is better than Rantanen or why Barkov impacts the game in a more positive way over Matthews or Crosby I'm willing to mold my opinion and I think the same goes for many of the intelligent posters on here.

But the comparison needs to be close. So no, there's no argument to made for Nylander over Rantanen.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This not true. I'm as stubborn as the next guy but if someone can present a well articulated thought out argument for why Marner is better than Rantanen or why Barkov impacts the game in a more positive way over Matthews or Crosby I'm willing to mold my opinion and I think the same goes for many of the intelligent posters on here.

But the comparison needs to be close. So no, there's no argument to made for Nylander over Rantanen.

I don't think that poster was saying he believes Nylander is better than Rantanen.

Reactions: LeafGrief

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I'll lean Rantanen but the difference is a lot closer than the consensus here.

Really the major difference in point production is a product of ice time (ES and on the PP). In terms of driving offense, they are pretty similar.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Pretty easily Rantanen. even easier to figure out why this is a thread lmao.

in before "lopsided result" closure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia