Rantanen Vs Marner

Who do you take going forward?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Nothing has changed, its still Rantanen. He scores more goals, gets more points, is bigger and stronger and the better all around player.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Agreed I wouldn't be shocked if some prefer Marner than Rantanen. I might be one of the few that are higher on Marner than Matthews either I underrate Matthews or I overrate Marner you guys tell me :laugh:

Yeah, I agree with you. I personally think Marner is better, but most leaf fans would chew me out. Marner is just all heart, Matthews just shows you why he could potentially be a top 3 player in the league, but then just dies out.

Marner brings his A game every night, for the entire night

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
Honestly, I dont really think you can go either way. As much as I like Marner, and I knew this kid was gonna be good one when I saw him with the Knights, Rantanen is playing on a whole new level. He's so strong on the puck, great shot, great vision, good play-making ability. He's a big body, so defending against him is a bitch. I hate how Avs have him AND MacKinnon..

Imagine if Ottawa wins the lottery and they get Hughes.
We're all f***ed.

Edit: I also never realized how well he did in faceoffs last year. Pretty decent for a player who doesnt f*** with that.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Lol we're both bias, fact is they're pretty much equal.

Marner has been better than Matthews and Tavares, what's your point. I hope you realize that Tavares is the passenger on the Marner line.

"Pretty much equal"

One has an 84 point season as a 21 year old in the NHL and has 37 goals, 116 points in his last 101 NHL games. The other has 28 Goals and 95 points in 102 NHL games.

But yeah, "Pretty much equal".

:laugh:

There's certainly some aspects of the game Marner is better at. Straight line speed and agility, Marner is better. Creativity playmaking, again probably advantage Marner(Though this is really close). But overall Rantanen is very clearly the better player right now. It's not a huge gap, but no doubt a gap exists.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
"Pretty much equal"

One has an 84 point season as a 21 year old in the NHL and has 37 goals, 116 points in his last 101 NHL games. The other has 28 Goals and 95 points in 102 NHL games.

But yeah, "Pretty much equal".

:laugh:

This is such a poor arguement that I'm not even going to respond. Just know MacK didnt break out till last year, would you say he's inferior to other players because he wasn't as good in his first few seasons?

I've convinced the other avs fan I was discusssing with, clearly his homer goggles weren't as big as yours.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This is such a poor arguement that I'm not even going to respond. Just know MacK didnt break out till last year, would you say he's inferior to other players because he wasn't as good in his first few seasons?

I've convinced the other avs fan I was discusssing with, clearly his homer goggles weren't as big as yours.

You're the only one here who is delusional.

It's honestly a little insane that someone seriously considers Marner a better player after the year Rantanen had last year, and the fact he is LEADING THE ENTIRE LEAGUE this season. Nobody else in the NHL is better then him right now.

And yet you're gonna continue along in your little mind to think career high 69 point Marner is better then the guy who's last 100 games of hockey has only been bested by 5 other players in the league, and Mitch Marner most certainly isn't one of them.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I wouldn't be shocked to see either one end up better than the other. I would personally stick with Marner though.

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018

Not going to lie, but it sounds a little homerish to put them both as equal rn. Marner is a fancy player, and who knows what his development brings a season from now, but Rantanen RIGHT NOW.. is not equal to Marner. He's on a whole new level. He has been for awhile, I thought he was pretty underrated last season (mostly because of mackinnon) but this season he came out flyin'

Edit: That's not even taking anything away from Marner. Anyone who watches Marner, see's how much that kid loves hockey. Rantanen is out of his f***ing mind rn.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgf and Foppberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad