Rantanen vs Laine

Laine vs Rantanen

• Total voters

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
84 points at 20 years old doesn't make you a star player?

Good lord you are insufferable.
Please don’t pay attention to him. We (people that actually watch the guy play not the zeke stats) know that Rants is a star but Dom is probably one of the biggest Rantanen doubter but will say that Point is a top 10 C so..

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Obviously just stats. I knew his response would be some BS analytics when he said Rantanen doesn't even have a dimension.

Yes advanced stats can be helpful, but when it is literally the only thing you pay attention to it can skew your analysis of players a little bit.

You don't even need advanced stats in the debate

Laine is more dangerous on the ice than rant just because of his shot alone

44 goals >29
And this is without playing with Scheifele

While rant plays with MacKinnon

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Rantanen is clearly the better player now. He was already a PPG player last year but still had room for improvement. Now it seems like those issues have been addressed and he looks better than ever. Laine really has to step it up if he is going to be better than a 90 point all around winger.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Rantanen easily. How the hell is Laine close, let alone winning this?!? Most overrated player in the league by a mile, if he can't get his shot off he doesn't contribute ****

Because Laine is younger and one of the best Goalscorers in the league.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Rantanen easily. How the hell is Laine close, let alone winning this?!? Most overrated player in the league by a mile, if he can't get his shot off he doesn't contribute ****

That shot is the best in the league tho

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Rantanen doesn’t contribute shit anyway though.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I’m watching rantanen play right now and all I see is his team getting pinned in their own end a lot and Rantanen getting minor penalties

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
He still doesn’t have a 5v5 goal, and he’s one of the worst possession players on the avs

Games can be won on the powerplay too.

Possession stats don't really interest me. I've watched every Avs game this year and outside of this Canes game Mikko has been the best Avs player.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Games can be won on the powerplay too.

Possession stats don't really interest me. I've watched every Avs game this year and outside of this Canes game Mikko has been the best Avs player.
watching the games tampas best player has arguably been cedric paquette, does that make him an elite player?

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
With MacKinnon's 3 points against Carolina, Mikko now slips to just 3rd in the league. Dom may have been right after all.

EDIT: Rantanen picked up a point on the MacKinnon goal so he is now tied for 2nd with Nate.

Last edited:

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
no but hes been a way better possession guy than rantanen (like night and day)

Who the f*** cares?

You're actually destroying your own argument here. Paquette has 1 point this season yet apparently is a much better posession player than Rantanen who has 13 points.

I feel like possession stats are used by people who are too lazy to actually watch games. I get that you did watch today's game and unfortunately Mikko had a tough outing.

Reactions: Spilot23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->