Rant of the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewBreed19

jtuzzi21 said:
The worst thing was the usually entertaining Nick Kypreos drabble on about Pro PA ********. I can't watch any CBA stuff on TV, It is all fake and these guys are all puppets.

All the media and sports channels claim to have inside sources , but really no little more than we do. The worst is on TSN. Healy is the worst sports guy in all of sports: he thinks that his word is gospel(Put a fork in it : the seasons done) He sucks!!! :lol:

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
My biggest problem with the "no hockey" is that i wont get to scream LUUUUUUUCCCCCCCC after he scores a goal. I'm assuming every team has one player that this is there last season....
I dont like the fact that i dont get to see my team ( the kings ) play there young players...... im upset at the fact i dont get to see garon...........

I mad that i dont go to staples to see my boys play ........ im angry that i havent had the great feeling when my team wins in dramatic style.......and most of all im pissed that I cant stand up and SCREAM for my team when they score a goal....

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Players: No to a salary cap, yes to playing for peanuts in Europe

Owners: We want cost certainty and we don't care how much money we lose or how much we alienate our customers to get it.

Translation: Neither side cares about the game, it's about money and egos.

Fans: When are we going to see some NHL hockey (and hockey worth paying to see)?

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Chili said:
Fans: When are we going to see some NHL hockey (and hockey worth paying to see)?

Move to europe. We've got decent beer (well, not swedish beer) and hockey. You're all very welcome!

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Riddarn said:
Move to europe. We've got decent beer (well, not swedish beer) and hockey. You're all very welcome!

It will be interesting to see how many guys sign contracts in Europe next season if the lockout drags into next fall. Alot of NHL contracts will expire at the end of this season and they will be risking injury playing for a low salary.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Chili said:
It will be interesting to see how many guys sign contracts in Europe next season if the lockout drags into next fall. Alot of NHL contracts will expire at the end of this season and they will be risking injury playing for a low salary.

Yeah I suppose you got a point there, although some of the older players will probably move home for good if the lockout continues into next season.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Riddarn said:
Yeah I suppose you got a point there, although some of the older players will probably move home for good if the lockout continues into next season.

That's another consideration for sure. Has Markus Naslund among others played his last NHL game?

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
Glen Healys bulging neck vein when talking (or attempting to utter something educated) on TSN is getting annoying.

And is it me or the other guys (McKenzie et el) look at him like he's a chump...?

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
The problem isn't too many markets, it's too many ****** owners who don't have any money.

Hmm, that comes across as me saying there should be more spending. That's not what I meant.

Bah, screw both sides, just shut up and play hockey.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
anyone else see Hines Ward cry today? It's a shame Pittsburgh won't be able to keep its team together because of a cap. This team deserves a second or third chance to prove itself...especially against the powerhouses like the Patroits and Eagles (who seem to be in conference championships every year, while other teams like Denver appear to have winning seasons all the time...hey, i thought a cap was supposed to create parity, but it in fact allows well managed teams to dominate the league quite handily). However, Pittsburgh has been blessed with revenue sharing that has allowed them to be competitive.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
ti-vite said:
Glen Healys bulging neck vein when talking (or attempting to utter something educated) on TSN is getting annoying.

And is it me or the other guys (McKenzie et el) look at him like he's a chump...?
Glen Healy is a moron.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
jericholic19 said:
anyone else see Hines Ward cry today? It's a shame Pittsburgh won't be able to keep its team together because of a cap. This team deserves a second or third chance to prove itself...especially against the powerhouses like the Patroits and Eagles (who seem to be in conference championships every year, while other teams like Denver appear to have winning seasons all the time...hey, i thought a cap was supposed to create parity, but it in fact allows well managed teams to dominate the league quite handily). However, Pittsburgh has been blessed with revenue sharing that has allowed them to be competitive.

If you're referencing the to the fact that the NHL does not want revenue sharing like so many other PA-propoganda lovers do. Then you won't realize that the NHL does want revenue sharing and has proposed over 30 different models of revenue sharing, and that they want to come to a conclusion working hand and hand with the NHLPA to pick the best system that benefits the league.

http://nhlcbanews.com/news/comparison.html

alecfromtherock

Feb 2, 2004
jtuzzi21 said:
The worst thing was the usually entertaining Nick Kypreos drabble on about Pro PA ********. I can't watch any CBA stuff on TV, It is all fake and these guys are all puppets.

I have to agree Nick does not always use reason with the players and the PA.

His thinking is a mirror of the PA Brass(its like he is their incursion or something)

DJ usually brings in insightful commentary from NY (US Labor Board being GOP controlled and a 15 million difference in salary cap floor and ceiling just to name a few)

Fans are the puppets in this lockout

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I have a few rants.

-One with people that say things like this:
......Why are you and your union so greedy? Is $1.3 Million not enough to feed your family? Maybe you should look around the world and see how big of a jerk you are. There are people starving, and you have Pejorative Slured people in your camp making disgusting remarks about trying to make a decent living. You guys used to be one of the best pro athletes out there, but you have shown us you are nothing more then greedy people that want to extract as much as you can. I hope you starve......PS: Take this Jarome Iginla jersey and tell him to sell it to someone who cares maybe he can eat with the money he makes from it. I will glady wear my Mike Vick jersey now.
Then in another topic, they come back and say how great their team is and their players are, that they have their swagger back, that they're not a cinderella and are better than every other team out there and can beat them all. It's one thing to be mad at the players, I am. But don't act like an ass in one situation and then act like their best friend when it's more convenient for you.

-I hate that it took 3 months just to start talking. I think it was insulting to all fans that both sides took so long to even make a call. They were so worried about being seen as the one who was "caving," but why couldn't it have been seen as "being the bigger person, the side who initiated talks?" Waiting a month or 2, fine. But why the hell didn't they start talking in november at least? We'd be a month ahead of where we are now. Maybe the season could have already started. Or maybe we would have known already that the season would be officially cancelled. That pisses me off more than the constant *****ing back and forth between both sides.

TwzKing said:
My biggest problem with the "no hockey" is that i wont get to scream LUUUUUUUCCCCCCCC after he scores a goal.

I mad that i dont go to staples to see my boys play ........ im angry that i havent had the great feeling when my team wins in dramatic style.......and most of all im pissed that I cant stand up and SCREAM for my team when they score a goal....
We had Vokoun that we screamed Vokoooooouuuuuuuun after he made a big save. I miss that, and everything else you said. :cry:

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Something please happen. Soon. Season cancellation, world peace or Goodenow turning blue from holding his breath for too long - ANYTHING is better than nothing! :rant:

RinkOnEStreet

Jun 25, 2004
I assume we have to get something out of this latest round of talks. Cancellation, agreement, ANYTHING.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
jericholic19 said:
anyone else see Hines Ward cry today? It's a shame Pittsburgh won't be able to keep its team together because of a cap.
Meanwhile a team on the verge of being a true dynasty has it's franchise player take a paycut so that they can bring in a star player (who also took a paycut). The cap will work if you get the right people.

Of course they also have a player that is the highest paid at his position and whined in the offseason about not getting paid enough.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Whoever wins, we lose

Just like the theme for the Alien vs Predator DVD;I just thought that might be an appropriate tag for the whole CBA business. Since I'm no longer an optomist, that is. :mad:

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
I've been a die hard hockey fan for most of my entire life, and right now, I'm really turned off by this pathetic display of effort by both sides in this thing. :shakehead

Twine Seeking Missle

Go monkey go!!!
Dec 30, 2004
Suck-town
It's Over

The NHL officially died tonight. I was so ready for a deal to be struck. I was so optimistic. Now Im just depressed. If I was a girl I would be crying right now :cry: :cry: :cry:

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Twine Seeking Missle said:
The NHL officially died tonight. I was so ready for a deal to be struck. I was so optimistic. Now Im just depressed. If I was a girl I would be crying right now :cry: :cry: :cry:
It is totally ok. Just let it out and cry. Crying is plenty manly. Even Clint Eastwood cries. Hell I'll bet John Wayne cried from time to time.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Twine Seeking Missle said:

Cheer up dude... the CFL is only 5 months away! :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->