Ranking the Top Level Leagues Across the World

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
You do realize Monaco was in the quarters of the CL last year and was robbed of a place in the semis by an incompetent ref?

Please.

Are we talking past accomplishments? France is represented by 2 teams in CL this year and outside of PSG, there's nothing to talk about. French teams are playing quite mediocre in Europe League as well.

It's obvious that Ligue 1 is in crisis right now, Anjou FC is in second place followed by Caen

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PAST accomplishments? Like 6 months ago??? Wow :laugh:

Anjou FC? Please, learn what you're talking about at least ! There's no Anjou FC in France :D

Just because Lyon, Monaco and OM have a rough start doesn't L1 is rubbish when it proved last year it was much better than the leagues you're pimping.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
PAST accomplishments? Like 6 months ago??? Wow :laugh:

Anjou FC? Please, learn what you're talking about at least ! There's no Anjou FC in France :D

Just because Lyon, Monaco and OM have a rough start doesn't L1 is rubbish when it proved last year it was much better than the leagues you're pimping.

Sorry, transliteration from Cyrillic to Latin sometimes doesn't work well in my head. I meant Angers FC.

You have to admit that Monaco lost tons of its top players and it's not the same team anymore, same with Lyon and Marseille.

You can't deny that the quality of Ligue 1 dropped in the recent years

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
:shakehead
SCO d'Angers, it is, no FC.

Anyway, Monaco lost many top players (well 3 of them), but also bought plenty of top players.
Its roster alone is probably worth mroe than the Ukrainian league. So yeah...
Lyon didn't lost anone except Njié. They ADDED players, so yeah... It's a young talented team. they'll rebound.
OM lost plenty of players no doubt, due to bad management.
No, L1 hasn't dropped. L1 has been weak in Europe for years and years. Nothing new. They're financially strapped, like most leagues. But they're still the #1 producer of quality football players in Europe. So that alone helps it being easily better than those leagues you're talking about, even without PSG.
Just take a look at Monaco's crazy prospect depth. It's absolutely amazing.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
If you guys think that MLS is championship quality, what level do you think better leagues such as J League and Brazilian Serie A are at???

I consider J League the best league outside of Europe, and based on the UEFA coefficient I would put it around 12, after Turkey but probably above Switzerland and the Czech Republic.

This past saturday I was in Ajinomoto stadium to see FC Tokyo vs Urawa Reds. Mate I'm sorry but the level is still not there. Very entertaining 3-4 game but the level of defense is comical. South America has way stronger teams.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Could've sworn I was watching Villa vs Sunderland a few weeks ago when it was actually Schalke vs. Wolfsburg. It's a boring league with boring teams.

You watched a Bundesliga game a few weeks ago? Excuse us for doubting you, you're clearly perfectly qualified to speak in absolute terms about the quality and excitement of the games in the league. :laugh:

Edo, I seriously hope you're getting a kick out of riling people up, because if that's not your intention, I fear for your state of mind.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
1= Liga
2= EPL

Bundesliga Serie A

Ligue1 Russia Portugal

Holland Ukraine Swiss Belgium Turkey

If zenit can finally deliver something in CL and a couple of good seasons from other teams Russia should get to 5th place soon. At least the league is usually interesting unline with PSG Bayern completely dominating elsewhere.

Historically speaking Ligue 1 is the worst of the "top" leagues with only 2 European trophies to speak of since 1956. Eredivisie 11 trophies and Russia 2 in the past 10 years.

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
The Bundesliga is a strong league overall but goddamn has it become boring to watch Bayern win the league every year by 15 points. Zzzz.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
1. La Liga
2. EPL
3. Bundesliga
4. SPFL
5. Serie A
6. Ligue 1
7. Portuguese
8. Russian
9. Eredivisie
10. MLS

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
I admit I'm not actively following CONCACAF soccer, but what makes MLS #10 ahead of the Mexican league, let alone the top leagues of South America?

I'm not sure his list was entirely serious as it appears the Scottish Premier League is number 4 on it.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
1= Liga
2= EPL

Bundesliga Serie A

Ligue1 Russia Portugal

Holland Ukraine Swiss Belgium Turkey

If zenit can finally deliver something in CL and a couple of good seasons from other teams Russia should get to 5th place soon. At least the league is usually interesting unline with PSG Bayern completely dominating elsewhere.

Historically speaking Ligue 1 is the worst of the "top" leagues with only 2 European trophies to speak of since 1956. Eredivisie 11 trophies and Russia 2 in the past 10 years.

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2016.html

5.Portugal 48.082
6. France 47.249
7. Russia 46.682

This is the UEFA rating that will determine the Eurocups delegations for the next season (as of 10/31/15). So, it is entirely possible that if French teams do not perform well, they will lose the 3rd team in CL for the next season.

As it appears now, all 3 counties will have at least 1 team in the CL Last 16 (Zenit, PSG, Porto). Benfica and CSKA might join them. Lyon is almost guaranteed to be eliminated.

In Europa League, Russia has 2 teams that are likely to qualify for the play offs (Lokomotiv and Krasnodar) and one that's unlikely to qualify (Rubin), Portugal has 1 that is definitely going to the play offs(Braga) and Belenenses, Sporting can still make it. All French teams can qualify or get eliminated.

So, it is going to be a dog fight for 5-6 place in the UEFA rating.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
1) Die Liga (Spanien)
2) Primera Liga (Inglaterra)
3) La Ligue Fédérale (Allemagne)
4) Liga 1 (França)
5) Series A (Italy)
6) Premier Lega (Portogallo)

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Have it the same way as well. Too bad a lot of my casual football friends still see PL as far and away the best league in the world

I don't know how it is in the other parts of the world, but out here, EPL is by far the most accessible league on TV.

Just based on that, I can see how a casual fan would just assume it's the best.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
don't know where else to put this, so this thread seems appropriate.

Pics of the Jleague last month FC Tokyo vs Urawa Reds. Very entertaining match 3-4, FC Tokyo had all sorts of chances at the end to tie it too.

(sorry for crappy iphone pics, the sun wasn't helping much either lol)

22955204595_8d8da04709_c.jpg

22563092309_4da564acfa_c.jpg

22332518804_d1406292ab_c.jpg

22966378031_2a6c4edd91_c.jpg

22955229515_16b6f91494_c.jpg

22563058379_24ae022cd1_c.jpg

22536868257_ff304ea086_c.jpg

22955216325_2e59ecb546_c.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad