Ranking the playoffs since the 2004/05 lockout (least favourite to favourite)

• 2015 (Chicago vs. Tampa Bay)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2016 (San Jose vs. Pittsburgh)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Alright, I'd thought I'd give this series a whirl while we wait for games to start up again. Vote for your favourite years of the playoffs since the 2004-05 lockout.

We're going from least favourite to favourite. We're not going to be strict with the criteria. It can be entertainment value (i.e., goals, fights, moments, etc.) or parity (number of games played, the quality of the games) - whatever you like. If you enjoyed a certain year more than others, but your favourite team was involved (e.g., Blues fans in 2019 or Sens fans in '07), then vote for the next best.

Obviously, there are rivalries and unsettled scores in the playoffs. So anyone who uses these polls as a means to flame, troll, or antagonize another fanbase will be dealt with accordingly (i.e., warnings and possible thread bans if things persists).

Each year will have the SCF in brackets for quick reference. Now, let's stroll down memory lane until hockey comes back!

Last edited:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Are we voting for our favourite or our least favourite lol

went with 2010, though. Good finals (two teams with large fan bases and good hockey) and the Habs went on a run of upsets.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Voted for LA vs NJ. I think out of all the finals, that was a very lackluster final. A very one sided matchup indeed, both on paper and in reality.

Outside of the free-for-all matchup between the Pens and Flyers, most teams played a conservative brand of hockey that year. Both LA and New Jersey were impressive leading up to the Cup final, but the SCF left a bit to be desired for the casual fan. Fans of the participating teams, though, should be proud.

Also, I'm looking at the playoffs as a whole - not just the final round.

Reactions: slapKing

slapKing

Feb 12, 2020
Canada
Outside of the free-for-all matchup between the Pens and Flyers, most teams played a conservative brand of hockey that year. Both LA and New Jersey were impressive leading up to the Cup final, but the SCF left a bit to be desired for the casual fan. Fans of the participating teams, though, should be proud.

Also, I'm looking at the playoffs as a whole - not just the final round.

Ah, my mistake. Should have read the OP. With that said, 2012 is still the answer.

Reactions: BHD

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Voted LA vs NJ in 2012. Next one would be LA vs NYR. LA was just the more dominant team.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
It might have been the sting of 2011 followed by an early exit, but the 2012 playoffs really didn't do much for me.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
The 2014 playoffs are probably the best one without bias (especially that heartbreak at home). Lots of overtime, lots of game 7s, and a lot of series ended in overtime, a game 7, or both. Adding a reverse sweep into the mix gives it an edge in being an all time great playoffs.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
We're going from least favourite to favourite.
I have a hard time believing that people would vote for 2011 as their least favorite so you should probanly clarify that a bit. You can't expect people to read around here. :naughty:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I have a hard time believing that people would vote for 2011 as their least favorite so you should probanly clarify that a bit. You can't expect people to read around here. :naughty:

Bumping the thread in case people were confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad