Ranking the NHL's GMs

SoCalFan

Jun 21, 2014
McKinney, TX
Good to see I'm not the only one who thinks Bowman is a bottom third or so GM. At some point you have to find new talent instead of bringing former guys back.

this is BS. Stan continues to bring in new talent, but Q refused to play them. Q loves these washed up vets b/c "trust" and it's sickening. Stan evolves, Q is stuck in 2013.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
this is BS. Stan continues to bring in new talent, but Q refused to play them. Q loves these washed up vets b/c "trust" and it's sickening. Stan evolves, Q is stuck in 2013.

Bowman hasn't evolved at all. He keeps bringing back the same players over and over again to disastrous results. It is he who is stuck in the past.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
On 2nd thought I don't know why Bowman is ahead of Tallon. Bowman only has his job because of the guys Tallon put in place. Bowman has proven countless times he can't build a team and he would be on the breadlines if it weren't for the pillars Tallon put in. Bowman has been coasting off of that for almost 10 years but it won't last much longer which is why Bowman must go man.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

SoCalFan

Jun 21, 2014
McKinney, TX
Bowman hasn't evolved at all. He keeps bringing back the same players over and over again to disastrous results. It is he who is stuck in the past.

cuz those are the only players Q will play! Kempny was healthy scratched by Q until his confidence was shot, Daley wanted out, Teuvo got shuffled more than a deck of cards. hell, even Toews' line has been a hodgepodge of rotating players. you think that's all Stan? get real. Q would play Rozsival's skeleton for the next decade if he could. Stan's brought in all these new faces and they never work out with the Hawks, but they sure as hell take off with other teams. That's on Q.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
On 2nd thought I don't know why Bowman is ahead of Tallon. Bowman only has his job because of the guys Tallon put in place. Bowman has proven countless times he can't build a team and he would be on the breadlines if it weren't for the pillars Tallon put in. Bowman has been coasting off of that for almost 10 years but it won't last much longer which is why Bowman must go man.
Okay more foolishness. I dont know why people also ignore Tallon didnt build all people seem to think he built when Mike Smith and Bob Pullford did that work there.

Theres few gms, just Poile, holland, and Wilson that are gms responsible for the start of their roster make up. And for many it wasnt just the 1 gm before them.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
See below.
He literally mentioned it was a dream of his to play for the Leafs. Dubas had nothing to do with it, Shanahan did.
:facepalm:

Here is like a full transcript on the presser, or you can just watch it yourself. Seems like what John says backs up what we've been saying, Dubas was a big part of landing Tavares and should be given some credit for it. Just complete bogus not too and truthfully rewriting what a lot of people had said pre-Tavares2Leafs on here like;
"there isn't any chance he was coming"

"he won't care that it was his childhood dream anymore"

Seriously, looking through the threads pre July 1, and now is just so hilarious. I don't know why people are scared to give Dubas credit. He went to the meetings and hit it out of the park, wasn't the sole reason John signed here, but it was definitely a big part of it. You should take JT's words of it.

John Tavares on the Toronto Maple Leafs' pitch: "Kyle [Dubas] - It was amazing how he kind of carried himself and delivered his message and vision on why I would be a good fit here as a hockey player" | Maple Leafs Hotstove

Tavares: Certainly, I think Kyle, it was amazing how he kind of carried himself and delivered his message and vision on why I would be a good fit here as a hockey player. I think him and the management team and everyone that was there… obviously, at some point, they presented to me not just this vision of where the team is at but you coming home to where you grew up and being a piece to that puzzle and getting this team over the hump and what it would mean to be a Maple Leaf and possibly to win here. He made a strong message about that and that certainly really got some feelings going for me. It was a great dialogue we had going back and forth just about the team and the fit and how I could contribute. Obviously, Babs saw me having a good influence and also I think it was important that I wasn’t coming here to be a saviour, if that’s the right thing to say. I was just coming here to join a really good young group of players that have done so much already and are on a great track. I can come in and be a big part of that and try to help out.

I do agree putting Dubas on a top GM list is just way too premature. I have no doubt he's going to be a great GM but it's still wayy too early.

But for sure, it's already one HUGE checkmark beside his name for landing JT - there really isn't any supporting argument against this.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
It's not shocking, he was hired because he believed in and would follow his beliefs.

At the end of the day the GM is following what Shanahan's plan is, and as he hasn't had any length of time to be properly rated due to drafts, or major trades, he's not ranked high.

The fact this irks Leafs fans is ****ing hilarious, jesus.

What? That fact that you're literally spewing the opposite of what words came out of JT's mouth?

You don't say..

Honestly, watch the press conference before you run your mouth about something you clearly have no idea about.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
See below.

:facepalm:

Here is like a full transcript on the presser, or you can just watch it yourself. Seems like what John says backs up what we've been saying, Dubas was a big part of landing Tavares and should be given some credit for it. Just complete bogus not too and truthfully rewriting what a lot of people had said pre-Tavares2Leafs on here like;
"there isn't any chance he was coming"

"he won't care that it was his childhood dream anymore"

Seriously, looking through the threads pre July 1, and now is just so hilarious. I don't know why people are scared to give Dubas credit. He went to the meetings and hit it out of the park, wasn't the sole reason John signed here, but it was definitely a big part of it. You should take JT's words of it.

John Tavares on the Toronto Maple Leafs' pitch: "Kyle [Dubas] - It was amazing how he kind of carried himself and delivered his message and vision on why I would be a good fit here as a hockey player" | Maple Leafs Hotstove

I do agree putting Dubas on a top GM list is just way too premature. I have no doubt he's going to be a great GM but it's still wayy too early.

But for sure, it's already one HUGE checkmark beside his name for landing JT - there really isn't any supporting argument against this.

What's he supposed to say? These are standard cliches athletes use when they sign. They love the city, they love the direction of the team, they love the organization, they like Mgt. This is nothing earth shattering is it? Having an athlete admit their childhood dream to play in their hometown should never be used as a means in this thread of ranking best GM's.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
What's he supposed to say? These are standard cliches athletes use when they sign. They love the city, they love the direction of the team, they love the organization, they like Mgt. This is nothing earth shattering is it?

Yes, kinda like a GM being a huge part of landing a free agent. Standard.

Seriously can't believe this is being argued.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yes, kinda like a GM being a huge part of landing a free agent. Standard.

Seriously can't believe this is being argued.
lol, In this thread? Best GM's have a body of work. Actual improvements that can be measured. Strange this would be used as an example of best GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->