Boston Sports Journal Ranking the greatest Bruins jerseys of all time — from ‘Pooh Bear’ to Winter Classic throwbacks

What is your favorite Bruins sweater

• Current Third Alternate — 2019 – Present

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Old-Tyme Alternates — 1940-1944

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Those 70's-90's road blacks are sharp, love the gold socks. Our current home blacks are nice, but I wish the gold shoulders were a little thinner.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I
The 2016 WC jersey has really been growing on me lately so I chose that.

Current 3rd not a huge fan of. Really wish this team had a gold 3rd.
I like that 2016 WC one too.

Has that perfect mix of looks like my daughter drew it and ugly that I expect in hockey jerseys.

Mind you I always liked the Islanders fisherman jersey so what do I know lol

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
9565856B-9E68-4AD9-8513-F1E577451F53.png
Bump.

PLEASE be true.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I HAVE a white Marchand and I’d buy another haha.

I'm perfectly fine with our current home jerseys. Though I prefer the 90s era ones I still think they're a perfectly fine looking jersey. But ever since we got these ones in 07 or 08, I've hated our white road jerseys. The black shoulder yoke is just all wrong and the inverted striping of gold-white-black-white-gold instead of gold-black-white-black-gold was a bad design choice. it all gets swallowed into the black pants and there's little personality. The Neely/Bourque/Oates ones with the plain shoulders and classic stripes are much more aesthetically pleasing, just cleaner and sharper.

I wouldn't even mind if they kept the current black sets and just went 90s throwback on the whites.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I'm perfectly fine with our current home jerseys. Though I prefer the 90s era ones I still think they're a perfectly fine looking jersey. But ever since we got these ones in 07 or 08, I've hated our white road jerseys. The black shoulder yoke is just all wrong and the inverted striping of gold-white-black-white-gold instead of gold-black-white-black-gold was a bad design choice. it all gets swallowed into the black pants and there's little personality. The Neely/Bourque/Oates ones with the plain shoulders and classic stripes are much more aesthetically pleasing, just cleaner and sharper.

I wouldn't even mind if they kept the current black sets and just went 90s throwback on the whites.

Yeah, they tried carrying over the striping pattern from the FleetCenter unis for the aways.

It doesn’t look awful in person, but from a distance, the thick black stripes drown out the gold. You can barely even distinguish them on TV.

Love the gold B on the black too.

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
hate to be a Debby downer here but it's not about jerseys it's about SC and nothing else . Maybe it's just me but I could give a f*** about what jersey the Bruins are wearing when they win the Cup . Make no mistake the Bruins have a legit shot.

Reactions: rfournier103

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
hate to be a Debby downer here but it's not about jerseys it's about SC and nothing else . Maybe it's just me but I could give a f*** about what jersey the Bruins are wearing when they win the Cup . Make no mistake the Bruins have a legit shot.

That's your prerogative.

Plenty of threads to discuss the playoff run.

This is a thread about uniforms.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It’s a jersey thread. Of course everyone agrees with you. Lighten up Francis.
1. Age of Orr
2. Pooh Bear
3. Bourque/Neely Era
Age of Orr and then Bourque era!!!!!!

Man, if they go this route, it will be like old school and not this Nike type every one looks the same with their crap design.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Who cares about uniforms after the disaster that was the 2015 draft? Sweeney should be fired for that.
Wouldn’t have even gotten to that point if they hadn’t dealt Seguin.

And let’s not forget, they’d probably STILL be rocking the Pooh Bear jerseys if Thornton didn’t choke in 2004, causing a lockout in the process, AND bringing about his own trade in 2005.

ClassicB

Jul 3, 2006
Neely\Bourque (74-95) by a mile. These are the cleanest yet classic (modernized) looking Original Six uniforms. You can't beat the solid gold rim (and black rim on the white jersey's) spoked B. That was the problem with the newer jersey designs, too many outlines on everything! The current Spoked B on the home blacks looks lousy from a distance.

And for god's sake, lose the shoulder yokes!!!!

Reactions: McGarnagle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad