The Athletic - Boston Ranking the 8 opponents the Bruins could face in the first playoff round

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
You can take all these rankings and throw them out the window, means nothing.
The season is starting over now.
The team with the HOT goalie and the team that can stay healthy will advance, plain and simple.
I see a ton of players getting injured the first 1-2 weeks of playing in high level playoff games.
Tons of groin injuries coming, wait and see.
I think we have a great chance to get to the finals as long was we can score 3 goals a game or more.
Bingo! So much of the last half of the regular season moving into the stretch run is dictated by injuries, fatigue, hot goalies, etc. Now that teams will have rested players, hot goalies may not be hot any more, and cold goalies may not be cold, anything can happen. Agree that injuries in the first couple weeks could be a factor. This is simply a summer tournament that is pretty far removed from the regular season other than the actual players on the roster. It seems like a total crapshoot at this point given that early playoff injuries and matchups are going to factor in enormously. I suppose out of the 8 teams, the Jackets and the Pens are the teams I'd least like to see the Bs have to play. Having said all of that, I'll be shocked if the NHL is able to pull off the tournament from start to finish without something happening that makes them cancel it at some point, whether it be before it even begins or during the tourney itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad