Prospect Info: Ranking Koko, Knight, and Spooner

mdonova33

Nov 7, 2011
With all of the Iginla talk swirling around lately, and with B's prospects being hypothetically added to deals, I wanted to familiarize myself with the big three forward prospects.

Apparently the general consensus around Spooner is that he is a future top-six forward. However, I haven't been able to pinpoint a true value on Koko and Knight.

If you were to rank the three, and predict what role they will play in the future, what would you choose?

ripley

Nov 14, 2008
As per The Hockey News Future Watch 2013:

1) Dougie Hamilton
2) Malcolm Subban
3) Alexander Khokhlachev
4) Ryan Spooner
5) Torey Krug

6) Anthony Camara
7) Jared Knight
8) Matt Grzelcyk
9) Carter Camper
10) Brian Ferlin

Ranked by writer Mike Loftus

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
http://hockeyjournal.com/blog/kirks/From_NEHJ-_Bruins_Top_10_Prospects

Kirk had Svedberg #7 in January.....I expect many "pundits" to hop on that bandwagon now..

He might give up a few when we have a lead that he can stop or would want back if he self-analyzed, would say, ‘That’s one I should’ve had,’ but when it’s crunch time, he’s pretty darn solid at making the saves. When he smells victory, he digs in. It’s the sign of a great goaltender.” — Cassidy

gvkmedia

20th Captain in franchise history.
Mar 2, 2002
Oshawa.
www.hollandbloorview.ca
As per The Hockey News Future Watch 2013:

1) Dougie Hamilton
2) Malcolm Subban
3) Alexander Khokhlachev
4) Ryan Spooner
5) Torey Krug

6) Anthony Camara
7) Jared Knight
8) Matt Grzelcyk
9) Carter Camper
10) Brian Ferlin

Ranked by writer Mike Loftus

This is all fine and good - I mean this list is scrolling by me as I type.

Hamilton is no longer a prospect - he's on the team and not going anywhere anytime soon. From various places here and elsewhere - Calgary has a few prospects in goal already and Boston is not really interested in dumping Subban.

So that leaves:
Koko, Spooner and Knight as the Grad A prospects. I'm guessing Chirelli is offering up KoKo and is pretty firm on that. This could change closer to the deadline. I am pretty sure only one of the 3 will be involved. Then he hands Calgary the list with the rest of the prospects and says "take your pick". Then he throws in our 1st.

Coming back is Iginla, a draft pick (3rd or 4th) and some guy you never heard of that Chirelli can't beleive he got thrown in the deal.

This is how the deal will be made.

Topshelf88

Jul 27, 2008
http://hockeyjournal.com/blog/kirks/From_NEHJ-_Bruins_Top_10_Prospects

Kirk had Svedberg #7 in January.....I expect many "pundits" to hop on that bandwagon now..

He might give up a few when we have a lead that he can stop or would want back if he self-analyzed, would say, ‘That’s one I should’ve had,’ but when it’s crunch time, he’s pretty darn solid at making the saves. When he smells victory, he digs in. It’s the sign of a great goaltender.†— Cassidy

I've gotten to watch Svedberg a lot in person this year. He just has "it", and that assessment by Cassidy is bang on. I've said this a couple of times, but he was a gem of a find by Chiarelli. Wouldn't be surprised if he was starting for Boston by the 14-15 season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad