Prospect Info: Ranking habs prospects: #15

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ranking habs prospects: #15

Quote:
A player will be considered a prospect until he meets the following criteria:

If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey's Future, regardless of the players status with his NHL club.
An NCAA player who signs his first contract at or above the age of 22 has three years to meet the above criteria (65/45), while those NCAA players that turn pro under the age of 22 will be subjected to the criteria above.

European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.
Feel free to suggest a name to go up:

Grégoire, Jérémy
Parisi, Tom
Pezzetta, Michael
Koberstein, Nikolas

Results:
1. Noah Juulsen
2. Victor Mete
3. Charlie Lindgren
4. Charles Hudon
5. Ryan Poehling
6. Nikita Scherbak
7. Joni Ikonen
8. Michael McCarron
9. Michael McNiven
10. Jacob De La Rose
11. Josh Brook
12. Jake Evans
13. Brett Lernout
14. Martin Reway

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Bitten and Addison have similar numbers. Bitten has more offensive upside. Addison has more upside to fill various roles. Not sure why Bitten's numbers weren't as good as expected. Hopefully he has a good year this year.

Bitten then Addison

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
I don't believe Bitten will ever be good enough to play in the NHL, while I see Addison, Bourque and Fleury as having a pretty good shot. To me Bitten is a smallish offensive center who doesn't have enough offense and who doesn't bring other intangible like the 3 others have. Even Daniel Audette had more offense than Bitten in junior.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
I don't believe Bitten will ever be good enough to play in the NHL, while I see Addison, Bourque and Fleury as having a pretty good shot. To me Bitten is a smallish offensive center who doesn't have enough offense and who doesn't bring other intangible like the 3 others have. Even Daniel Audette had more offense than Bitten in junior.

Audette had more offense in a more offensive league. Bitten had a good year in his draft year in Flint despite all the drama. I was hoping for a better season last year, but he can bounce back. He has a much bette at making it than Audette IMO. But as you said he has physical limits that make him not so useful if he can't be used in an offensive role, but he does have more potential than the others you mentioned. In any case, it's not like people are voting him in the top 5, we are voting for our 15th best prospect in a very average prospect pool :laugh:

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
I don't much about Simon Bourque but looking at his stats he certainly seems like an intriguing prospect. How does he compare to Chabot (who is obviously better but still) and Zboril with the Sea Dogs?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Bitten's game should translate to the pros a lot better then Audette's. Bitten has the speed, two way game, and high compete level that you want to see. He's got that motor that never seems to stop, is highly in involved in the play and will get his nose dirty. There's a lot to like about him, we'll see how his season goes this year.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
15? We have 15 prospects? Wow.

I guess the issue is not the total but the fact that #s 2-20 are interchangeable :laugh:

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
I don't much about Simon Bourque but looking at his stats he certainly seems like an intriguing prospect. How does he compare to Chabot (who is obviously better but still) and Zboril with the Sea Dogs?

Bourque's game doesn't come close to Chabot's. Chabot can take over a game on his own, control the pace and make a decisive play. Chabot controls every zone, I haven't seen Bourque showing a glimpse of that ability. Zboril, I thought, would have developped his offensive game more, but he's still a decent defenseman. Overall, I don't really know what to think of him. Had no business getting picked this high though.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Bittens realistic floor is Mitchell. Im pretty sure hell end up right there.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
It's a wash to me between Bitten, Fleury and Waked at this point.

Having one of these guys at 15 is nice. Our prospect pool is deep.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
It's a wash to me between Bitten, Fleury and Waked at this point.

Having one of these guys at 15 is nice. Our prospect pool is deep.

Ok depth I guess. Deep with projected bottom sixers and 3rd pairing defensemen. Not much to brag about.

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
Bourque's game doesn't come close to Chabot's. Chabot can take over a game on his own, control the pace and make a decisive play. Chabot controls every zone, I haven't seen Bourque showing a glimpse of that ability. Zboril, I thought, would have developped his offensive game more, but he's still a decent defenseman. Overall, I don't really know what to think of him. Had no business getting picked this high though.

Thx!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad