• 26/42 to move up for Miller

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
The Adam Fox trade won poll # 2 with 32.6% of the votes.

1. Zibanejad and a 2nd for Brassard (87%)
2. Adam Fox for two 2nds (32.6%)

Gonna add Keane for Gauthier for now. Remember that we’re ranking all of his moves so we’re gonna see some not so great moves on this poll after the first couple threads.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
It's Panarin everybody. He's our most lethal forward and we didn't give up any players for him either.
Yes, but in some cases, people will argue the player subtracted (e.g. Stepan, Skjei, and even McDonagh) is part of the value.

I go with the Nash deal pretty easily here. Panarin vs. Stepan+ Raanta for the 7th OA and ADA is my first tough decision.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I guess the DeAngelo thing even though we might lose him.

Getting rid of Stepan who was about to hit the wall was the real win.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Nash trade is better IMO.
How are you evaluating the trades? I'm looking at them at face value rather than applying the moves that followed using assets from those deals. So in that case, I see Ranta and Stepan for ADA and the 7th OA as a better overall return than Nash for Spooner, Beleskey, Lindgren, a 1st, and whatever else we got.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Does it matter that the 7th pick was Lias?
It shouldn't.

In polls like these where you're ranking the GM's transactions, stuff like "who was picked with the draft pick" or "were any of these players flipped later on for a different player/pick" shouldn't be anywhere near the discussion.

Like when ranking the Nash trade for this exercise, Strome should NOT be viewed as part of it, at all. Especially since they didn't happen close to one another.

While moves generally lead into other moves, they are still kind of their own entity, so you shouldn't let external/later factors like "who was drafted with the pick" influence rankings.

EDIT: Same goes for player progression. Example: the Stepan trade was made 2.5 years ago. We shouldn't really be using how players are now when evaluating stuff like this because back when the trade was made, it was only a potential for this outcome to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Blooded

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
That ADA trade was awesome, given Tony’s development. What we did with the first rounder was a disaster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad