Podcast (Audio) Ranking Flyers Young Guns: The Goalies

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
Final rankings video is out!
Ranking the Flyers Young Guns: Goalies (Part 6/6)

Since I was a young boy the Flyers have always seemed to have a carousel of goalies coming in and out of the roster. As a kid was I was always confused why fans would be so harsh on the goalies who would come through the organization. However, as I grew up around the game and saw countless elite goalies shine in important moments, the envy couldn't help but grow. Now, years later, there is a beautiful turn of events which finally reverses that trend. With the arrival of Carter Hart, everything has changed. Not to forget, the beautiful poetic moment that the last great Flyers goalie and GM, Ron Hextall, would bring in the next great Flyers goalie. In this case, it seems like Hextall went one step further and potentially brought in the best Flyer's goalie of the modern era. Carter Hart is something special and it's becoming very hard to doubt that as his young career evolves.

Having said that, it's not just Hart that makes the organization comfortable with their position in net. The young goalies developing behind him all have their own potential to be good pros in their own right. With that kind of depth, the Flyers find themselves in the best position in net in the past 20 years and I don't make that statement lightly. It's a new dawn, it's a new day, and it's time for the NHL to realize, the Flyers are a goalie developing machine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad