Ranking Defenseman #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The correct answer was Scandella last time, so it's Scandella again this time as well.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Brodin can't carry a paring like Scandella/Spurgeon.

My personal top-4:

Suter
Scandella
Spurgeon
Brodin

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Marco Time!

287iu6o.jpg

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Give me Spurgie again. Dare I say underrated just because he may be the odd one out contract-wise?

Obviously some disagree regardless.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Looks like the big shot is swaying some minds. Must say I'm pretty surprised.

He had a great year, I'd still like to see him repeat it before I put him over the blueliner that's been with this team the longest and has proven himself.

2-4 is just very close. They're all great players.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
Looks like the big shot is swaying some minds. Must say I'm pretty surprised.

I think it's the overall game. Big shot, mobile, physical. I don't argue that Spurgeon didn't have a statistically better year (he killed those fancy stats)... I look at this vote more as who I think will be better next year.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think it's the overall game. Big shot, mobile, physical. I don't argue that Spurgeon didn't have a statistically better year (he killed those fancy stats)... I look at this vote more as who I think will be better next year.

I look at it as a combination of what they bring on the ice and the value the individual carries for the team moving forward.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Give me Scandy. Was tempted to pick him ahead of Brodin.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Suter missed a few games where Brodin was the man to be #1 and he played liked he belonged in that role if you ask me, it may be premature but his ceiling is alot higher than Scandella/Spurgy and the flashes have been there.

Spurgeron is my #3, his numbers speak very loud, its unfortunate because im one of the fans advocating for him to be traded... cause in reality if im Spurgy i realize my next contract will be my biggest, and im cashing in no matter what... and we(the wild) are not in a position to give him that contract next year or commit long term to him with who we have already signed and in contract + who we have in the pipeline.

in the end hes my #3

Suter
Brodin
Spurgeron
Scandella
Folin
Reilly
Olofsson
Belpeido

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Suter missed a few games where Brodin was the man to be #1 and he played liked he belonged in that role if you ask me, it may be premature but his ceiling is alot higher than Scandella/Spurgy and the flashes have been there.

Spurgeron is my #3, his numbers speak very loud, its unfortunate because im one of the fans advocating for him to be traded... cause in reality if im Spurgy i realize my next contract will be my biggest, and im cashing in no matter what... and we(the wild) are not in a position to give him that contract next year or commit long term to him with who we have already signed and in contract + who we have in the pipeline.

in the end hes my #3

Suter
Brodin
Spurgeron
Scandella
Folin
Reilly
Olofsson
Belpeido
No Dumba?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.