10. Martin Sagat (7) (7)

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Leafaholix said:
Leafs.

1. Carlo Colaiacovo (8) (9)

So your saying he's basically a sure bet to become a top defenseman? Can you really ever say that about any prospect, much less about one become a top player at his position?

leafaholix*

Starsfan09 said:
So your saying he's basically a sure bet to become a top defenseman? Can you really ever say that about any prospect, much less about one become a top player at his position?
10 is a sure bet to reach potential... 9 is very likely.

Barring injuries, Colaiacovo has all the talent to be a top defenseman in the game.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Leafaholix said:

Barring injuries, Colaiacovo has all the talent to be a top defenseman in the game.

Then the Leafs are screwing him over if they dont give him icetime in the NHL this coming season.

He cant do any worse than Berg.

leafaholix*

La-La-Laprise said:
Then the Leafs are screwing him over if they dont give him icetime in the NHL this coming season.

He cant do any worse than Berg.
Aki Berg is a very good #4/5 defenseman when he's on his game.

Colaiacovo probably couldn't take over for Berg this coming season... Berg is one of our two defensive defensemen. Colaiacovo could probably play as a #5/6 if he has a great camp.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Leafaholix said:

And Alexander Daigle had all the talent to be a top forward in the game.......

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Leafaholix said:
Aki Berg is a very good #4/5 defenseman when he's on his game.

Colaiacovo probably couldn't take over for Berg this coming season... Berg is one of our two defensive defensemen. Colaiacovo could probably play as a #5/6 if he has a great camp.

Problem is no one knows how a rookie will play until they play. Stajan was a surprise. Perhaps Cola will play so well it will force the leafs to deal Kaberle perhaps.

Berg when he is on his game is decent...but how often is he on his game?? He would probably make as many mistakes as Cola in a the run of a year and Cola would be better served by playing in the NHL.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Starsfan09 said:
And Alexander Daigle had all the talent to be a top forward in the game.......

Your point?

He gave him a 9 not a 10.

Daigle would have been a 9 too. 90% chance he will reach it. Unfortunatly for him he fell into the other 10%.

A 9.0 for Cola isnt too much in my opinion.

leafaholix*

La-La-Laprise said:
Problem is no one knows how a rookie will play until they play. Stajan was a surprise. Perhaps Cola will play so well it will force the leafs to deal Kaberle perhaps.

Berg when he is on his game is decent...but how often is he on his game?? He would probably make as many mistakes as Cola in a the run of a year and Cola would be better served by playing in the NHL.
Aki Berg was our third best defenseman in the first half of last season... then he tailed off. Personally, I wouldn't move him. He's young and has the talent to improve his game and potentially become a #3 defenseman.

We've seen it far too many times with guys like Jason Smith, Steve Sullivan, and Fred Modin. Once players with talent are moved from Toronto, they seem to flourish.

If Colaiacovo plays extraordinary, then he may play as the #5... moving Berg down to #6, which gives the Leafs excellent depth.

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
We've seen it far too many times with guys like Jason Smith, Steve Sullivan, and Fred Modin. Once players with talent are moved from Toronto, they seem to flourish.

*Ahem* Jackman :p:

Berg looked soild enough the few times i saw him. But there should be room for Cola on the Leafs roster. He's NHL ready. If they don't give him playing time, who knows what may happen.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Modano = Dud said:
01) Trevor Daley 7.5 - 7.0
02) Antti Miettinen 7.5 - 6.0
03) Loui Eriksson 8.0 - 6.0
04) Jussi Jokinen 7.5 - 6.0
05) Shawn Belle 7.5 - 6.5
06) Dan Ellis 7.0 - 8.0
07) Tobias Stephan 8.0 - 5.0
08) Johan Fransson 8.0 - 5.5
09) Yared Hagos 6.5 - 7.0
10) Marc Fistric 6.0 - 8.0

Other notable's

- Vojtach Polak 8.5 - 4.5
- Junior Lessard 7.0 - 6.0
- Matt Nickerson 6.5 - 6.0
- Mike Smith 6.0 - 7.5

I am suprised you do not have Lessard as a top ten. He will be given every chance to be a player on the top lines thus I rate him a 7 and he has a decent chance to help. Some guys may never come here like Stephan who is coming off a big injury and plays in Swiss league where money is good and life is easy and Jokinin may or may not be more than Kapanen. At least with Lessard we will know within 2 years. I was tempted to put Polak on my list but I feel last year was so wasted unless circumstances chance and he gets a new role or team he will fade away. Nickerson could move up. I also think you may overrate guys by a point or half point but maybe if only potential is considered you might be right. I put a top 20 on the stars page just for fun Like to see your top 20 M=D

Last edited:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
La-La-Laprise said:
When exactly are the Leafs going to play Cola? THIS should be his year. But instead they give Aki Berg more money. Dont get it.

It's not exactly surprising. This is Pat Quinn we are talking about here.

Pat's an outstanding coach, but he's not a "young gun" guy. He's very loyal to his veterans. Look how long it took Alex Ponikarovsky to break into the line up full time. His time was long overdue. Much the same with Mikael Tellqvist. And Stajan this year, despite being one of the most consistent Leaf players all season, he still couldnt get consistent minutes.

leafaholix*

Pens4ever said:
*Ahem* Jackman :p:

Berg looked soild enough the few times i saw him. But there should be room for Cola on the Leafs roster. He's NHL ready. If they don't give him playing time, who knows what may happen.
Richard Jackman was horrendous.

But I guess you can add him to the list.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Newfie Bruin said:
Karsum and Krejci are just guesses for me..I dont know much about any of this years draft b/c i didnt follow up on it since we never had a Top 60 pick.

Pretty good list, newfie. We are in complete agreement on the top-3.

I personally think you have Zinovjev and Evseev too high and Alberts too low, but this is all subjective. Although Zinovjev has the talent, I don't think he has the heart or self-discipline to make it in Boston.

Also feel that Krejci's upside (the B's say he's a top six) puts him into the top-10, but he's a definite wildcard. Will be interesting to see what he does with Gatineau this season.

But go with who you are comfortable with. I currently have Karsums sitting at 11 on mine, but if he gets off to a hot start, I'm moving him into the top-10. He was an excellent pick where the Bruins got him and they are really stoked to have him...

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
Freaky Habs Fan said:
Not me...

1. Andrei Kastsitsyn 8.5 / 6
2. Chris Higgins 7.5 / 8.5
3. Alex Perezhogin 8 / 7
4. Tomas Plekanec 7 / 7
5. Kyle Chipchura 7 / 9
6. Ron Hainsey 7.5 / 6
7. Yann Danis 7 / 5
8. Cory Urquhart 7 / 6
9. Marcel Hossa 7.5 / 6
10. Maxim Lapierre 6.5/ 7.5

I agree with you. It is pretty similar to the one I did

GuiG said:
1. Andrei Kastsitsyn 8 - 6
2. Alexander Perezhogin 7.5 - 6
3. Chris Higgins 7.5 - 8
4. Thomas Plekanec 7 - 7
5. Yann Danis 7 - 5
6. Ron Hainsey 7 - 6
7. Kyle Chipchura 7 - 8.5
8. Cory Urquhart 6.5 - 5.5
9. Maxim Lapierre 6.5 - 8.5
10. Marcel Hossa 6.5 - 5.5

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Teemu08 said:
The blackhawks page has been long-neglected, so I'm gonna make my own top ten

1. Cam Barker 8.5, 7.5
2. Anton Babchuk 8, 7
3. Brent Seabrook, 7.5, 8
4. Pavel Vorobiev, 8, 7
5. James Wisniewski, 8, 6
6. Corey Crawford, 7.5, 7.5
7. Dave Bolland, 7.5, 7.5
8. Igor Radulov, 7, 7
9. Michael Leighton, 7, 6
10. Ryan Garlock, 7, 6

Where is Mikhail Yakubov. I would put him at 3 behind Barker and Babchuk. I bleieve he has spent less time in the NHL than Radulov and Leighton so I think he is still eligible for the prospects list if those two are.

Als, I think you are overrating Wisniewski a tad. He may be too small to make it as an NHL defenseman. And Barinka is a solid stay at home dman. MY order would be
1.Barker
2.Babchuk
3.Yakubov
4.Seabrook
5.Vorobiev
6.Bolland
7.Barinka
8.Radulov
9.Crawford
10.Byfugelin(thought Id throw a wildcard in here)

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Flames Draft Watcher said:
FLAMES

1. Dion Phaneuf
2. Kris Chucko
3. Tim Ramholt
4. Eric Nystrom
5. Andrei Taratukhin
6. Andrei Medvedev
7. Brent Krahn
8. Yuri Trubachev
9. Dustin Boyd
10. Ruslan Zainullin

Just a guess really. Hard to know about the guys from 8 and on as I haven't had the chance to see many of them.
Hmm, I'm pretty much in agreement. I don't think Zainullin is top ten anymore though. I don't see him coming back from Russia really.

1. D. Phaneuf
2. K. Chucko
3. T. Ramholt
4. E. Nystrom
5. A. Taratukhin
6. B. Krahn
7. A. Medvedev
8. Y. Trubachev
9. D. Boyd
10. T. Maki

Others: A. Seitsonen, B. Prust, R. Zainullin, R. Donally

outKast*

Caniacforever said:
1. Cam Ward 8.5 8.5
2. Andrew Ladd 9 7.5
3. Danny Richmond 8 6.5
4. Magnus Kahnberg 7.5 7
5. Matej Trojovsky 6.5 7.5
6. Martin Vagner 7 6.5
7. Chad LaRose 6.5 6
8. Kevin Nastiuk 6 6.5
9. Shay Stephenson 5.5 8
10. Magnus Akerlund 8 5

That's my Top 10 Carolina Hurricanes prospects.
Ohh man that prospect list is just sexy

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
La-La-Laprise said:
I think for not having a top 60 pick the Bruins did well. Krejci was the 6th overall pick in the Euro draft to Gatineau, who almost always have impact Europeans. And Karsums was a steal.

I agree, Karsums IMO was a 1st round talent and could end up being the Patrice Bergeron of the draft. Not saying Karsums will make the NHL right from the draft, but meaning in the future he could be in peoples top 15 for the draft when they look over it. He plays physical, great hands, smooth on the ice, great snipers touch.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
outKast said:
Ohh man that prospect list is just sexy

Well, it's nothing spectacular but it's not as bad as other lists i've seen. The Top 5 on that list probably all have a chance to at least see NHL ice in their career. Ladd, Richmond, and Ward could all play as soon as next season. It's not as bad as it could be I suppose.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Ill give detroit's a shot....

Name.... potential... actual IMHO

1. Igor Grigorenko... 8... 7.5
2. Niklas Kronwall... 7... 8
3. Jiri Hudler... 8... 7... (maybe not on detroit though)
4. Jimmy Howard... 6.5... 8.5
5. Stefan Liv... 7... 6
6. Valtteri Filppula... 6... 6 (as with hudler, maybe not with detroit)
7. Derek Meech... 5 ...7 (i think he' could be a good 5-6th dman)
8. Joey MacDonal... 5.5 ...5.5
9. Johan Franzen... 6... 6
10. Kyle Quincey... 4.5 ...6

Others:
Evan McGrath... 5.5 ....7.5 (i think he'll turn it around in the wing organization!)

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
With ratings...

1. D. Phaneuf, 9.5, 9
2. T. Ramholt, 8, 8.5
3. K. Chucko, 7.5, 7.5
4. E. Nystrom, 7.5, 7
5. A. Medvedev, 7, 7.5
6. A. Taratukhin, 7, 7
7. B. Krahn, 7, 7
8. Y. Trubachev, 6.5, 7
9. D. Boyd, 6, 6
10. T. Maki, 6, 6.5

After that: B. Prust (6), A. Seitsonen (6), R. Zainullin (5.5), R. Donally (5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad