rank this young guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I have watched both Lombardi and Vermette since their debuts in Victoriaville, and it shocks me that anyone would think that Vermette has less offensive skill than Matthew Lombardi. I am a Flames supporter, and I love Lombardi, but there is absolutely NO way that he has more offense in him than Antoine, unless Lombo somehow starts to develop rapidly.

NewHabsEra*

komisakick ass said:
hey guys can rank them by how many points that you think they will get in their prime in the NHL

Hemsky
Vermette
Balej
Lombardi
Perezhogin
Fehr
Fritsche

no one know, some coatchs like to play 3 well balanced lines and have all what it takes to do it.. Just take the Sens as exemple, Havlat, could get alot more points on the first line instead playing on the third... You have to take in consideration their future linemates as well... A guy like Fehr would get a ton of points on a Semin Ovechkin line... Habs are gonna be very solid on the right side as well... Perezhogin, Kostitsyn and Ryder are all under 25 while Zednik still isnt that old...

All these kids are promising prospects but 2 stand out of the bunch to me.. Perezhogin and Hemsky.

Squeaky

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
bruins4777 said:
are you ranking lombardi ahead of balej for the same reason as the other guy? Or do you just not see balej's potential?

I've seen balej 3 or 4 times this season, and while he kind of floats, i've seen him unleash that shot....and its just beastly.

I've never been a huge fan of Balej's, including when he was a Habs prospect (I'm a habs fan.) He's too one-dimensional for my liking, all he can do is position himself well, and shoot well. I put Lombardi ahead of him simply because Lombardi has had more success in the NHL to date, and at a younger age.

edit: The age difference is extremely minor, it's his nhl performance that set him apart.

MontrealCruiser_83*

komisakick ass said:
He have just play one season in the NHL, he is not 20 years old but he is a young gun(imo)

Thanks to all of you
26 is quite old to be considered a young gun... Especially since he hasn't be *that* special in the NHL.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
MontrealCruiser_83 said:
Most sites I've seen have him as 26. A few say he was born in 1982, all others including hockeydb.com list him as 1979 born.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?encode=TRUE&pid=43804

It would make alot more sense if he was indeed 22-23ish.

According to hockeydb he didn't start his junior career until he turned age 19, and played for 4 years. Both the NHL and Flames site has Lombardi listed as 23 (he will be tomorrow), so I will take these sources over hockeydb.

http://www.nhl.com/lineups/player/8468695.html
http://www.calgaryflames.com/cgi-bin/roster/roster.cgi?displayNode=73

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
MontrealCruiser_83 said:
26 is quite old to be considered a young gun... Especially since he hasn't be *that* special in the NHL.
He is 22 years old, alot of places have his age incorrect for some reason. He is most certainly not 26 years old. :lol

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
andora said:
assuming all these guys make the nhl ... for just points.. hmm

i'd go

balej
fehr
hemsky
perezhogin
lombardi
vermette
fritsche

ok I didn't went further than Balej... Putting him on top of that list is ridiculous.

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
MrMastodonFarm said:
Yup, but not this time. Lombardi is 22, not 26.

Exactly, hockeydb. is wrong. Logically if you look at it, it would mean he played his last year of junior at the age of 23. Right there you know it's wrong. He's 22 going on 23.

NewHabsEra*

Philip J. Fry said:
ok I didn't went further than Balej... Putting him on top of that list is ridiculous.

He said just for points... With all the players NY Rangers are getting rid, Balej could become their #1 right winger, that would'nt be impossible he gets an impressive amount of point then... Balej clearly has top 6 potential, most likely a nice second line player.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
NewHabsArea said:
He said just for points... With all the players NY Rangers are getting rid, Balej could become their #1 right winger, that would'nt be impossible he gets an impressive amount of point then... Balej clearly has top 6 potential, most likely a nice second line player.

he said in their prime... not next year with new york. Balej is all-right. IMO he's a Czerkawski. I hate that kind of player. On top of that, Balej doesn't have high-end skills. Average hands and shot and below average vision with great speed. That's all I have to say about Balej. Anyways, just to rank him high is pretty ignorant.

Squeaky

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Philip J. Fry said:
he said in their prime... not next year with new york. Balej is all-right. IMO he's a Czerkawski. I hate that kind of player. On top of that, Balej doesn't have high-end skills. Average hands and shot and below average vision with great speed. That's all I have to say about Balej. Anyways, just to rank him high is pretty ignorant.

I'd say Balej has a pretty good shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->