rank this prospects!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zett'

Mar 31, 2004
I know you did that a hundred time on this forum, but please do it for me it's very important! Thanks a lot! :)

Pitkanen
ruutu
Krajicek
koltsov (Konstantin)
Sjostrom
hudler
brown (dustin)
staal
fleury
Zherdev
ryder
Tyutin
lehtonen
horton
lupul
Hamhuis
semin
bergeron
malone

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Fleury
Pitkanen
Lehtonen
Stall
Malone
Ruutu
Zerdev
Horton
Hamhuis
Semin
Ryder
Lupul
Brown
Koltsov
Hudler
Krajicek
Tyutin
Sjostrom

On a side note, almost half of these guys are not prospects anymore. You need to define this a little better because you have guys with extreme potential but not alot of time spent in the nhl(Fleury, Lehtonen, Lupul) and guys who are producing great already in the NHL(Stall, Malone, Pitkanen).

I tried to base my picks with potential and what they have done in the NHL already(if eligible). I did this because we all know talent does not always equate into the NHL.

Last edited:

Zett'

Mar 31, 2004
pittengineer said:
On a side note, almost half of these guys are not prospects anymore. You need to define this a little better because you have guys with extreme potential but not alot of time spent in the nhl(Fleury, Lehtonen, Lupul) and guys who are producing great already in the NHL(Stall, Malone, Pitkanen).

You're right! I want a rank by the potential...! Thank's for your answer!

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
Zett' said:
I know you did that a hundred time on this forum, but please do it for me it's very important! Thanks a lot! :)

Pitkanen
ruutu
Krajicek
koltsov (Konstantin)
Sjostrom
hudler
brown (dustin)
staal
fleury
Zherdev
ryder
Tyutin
lehtonen
horton
lupul
Hamhuis
semin
bergeron
malone

Some of the players are so close in talent that I think it all comes down to personal preference and fan bias

Fleury
Lehtonen
Pitkanen
Ruutu
Staal
Semin
Horton
Zherdev
Brown
Ryder
Lupul
Bergeron
Malone
Hamhuis
Tyutin
Hudler
Krajicek
Sjostrom
Koltsov

I'm not basing my list on what the guys did this year b/c then I would have it in a completely different order...its more on the impact they could have in the NHL

Comrie_fan

Nov 25, 2002
Qc
Visit site
BMWM3owner said:
Some of the players are so close in talent that I think it all comes down to personal preference and fan bias

Fleury
Lehtonen
Pitkanen
Ruutu
Staal
Semin
Horton
Zherdev
Brown
Ryder
Lupul
Bergeron
Malone
Hamhuis
Tyutin
Hudler
Krajicek
Sjostrom
Koltsov

I'm not basing my list on what the guys did this year b/c then I would have it in a completely different order...its more on the impact they could have in the NHL

Lehtonen
Zherdev
Ruutu
Pitkanen
Staal

This is my top 5

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Comrie_fan said:
Lehtonen
Zherdev
Ruutu
Pitkanen
Staal

This is my top 5

Wow. How do you leave Fleury out of the Top 5? I would think he would be a consensus either #1 or #2.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
pittengineer said:

I tried to base my picks with potential and what they have done in the NHL already(if eligible). I did this because we all know talent does not always equate into the NHL.

In case you haven't noticed but Lupul has played 74 games this season, netting 33 points.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Frolov 6'3 said:
In case you haven't noticed but Lupul has played 74 games this season, netting 33 points.

I knew Lupul had played some, but not practically the whole season. My bad I guess. I have like Lupul since he was drafted so its good to know he now is in the NHL full-time.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
1. Tuomo Ruutu
2. Kari Lehtonen
3. Joni Pitkänen
4. M-A Fleury
5. Nikolai Zherdev
6. Eric Staal
7. Nathan Horton
8. Alexander Semin
9. Patrice Bergeron
10. Dan Hamhuis
11. Dustin Brown
12. Michael Ryder
13. Joffrey Lupul
14. Ryan Malone
15. Konstantin Koltsov
16. Lukas Krajicek
17. Fredrik Sjostrom
18. Fedor Tyutin
19. Jiri Hudler

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
1. Marc-Andre Fleury
2. Kari Lehtonen
3. Joni Pitkanen
4. Tuomo Ruutu
5. Nik Zherdev
6. Eric Staal
7. Nathan Horton
8. Dan Hamhuis
9. Ryan Malone
10. Alexander Semin
11. Michael Ryder
12. Dustin Brown
13. Patrice Bergeron
14. Joffrey Lupul
15. Konstantin Koltsov
16. Fedor Tyutin
17. Lukas Krajicek
18. Fredrik Sjostrom
19. Jiri Hudler

Mr.Brownov*

Rank By Potential With Goalies Included With The Forwards And Dmen?i Don't Get It!this Thread Sucks.

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Considering these guys a really at different point in there carrer and are playing different positions, I decided to rankthem considering their top performance they will reach IMO as the major point. Very hard to do but if I had to draft, I'll would do it this way...

lehtonen
Pitkanen
ruutu
fleury
horton
Zherdev
staal
Hamhuis
semin
lupul
bergeron
Tyutin
ryder
Krajicek
brown (dustin)
malone
Sjostrom
hudler
koltsov (Konstantin)

In fact some of these have great potential but I have no love for them...
Ex... Hudler Koltsov Sjostrom... Staal and Fleury should also be higher in most poeple list

BJ21

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Pitkanen
Lehtonen
Fleury
Zherdev
Semin
Horton
Ruutu
Staal
Ryder
Malone
Hamhuis
Lupul
Bergeron
Koltsov
Hudler
Krajicek
Tyutin
Brown
Sjostrom

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, but I was just asking Blackjack specifically. He said he had upside but implied that he didn't like Koltsov for personal reasons.

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
1. Lehtonen
2. Ruutu
3. Fleury
*small gap*
4. Pitkanen
*a huge gap*
5... others

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Zett' said:

EroCaps said:
Pitkanen
Lehtonen
Fleury
Zherdev
Semin
Horton
Ruutu
Staal
Ryder
Malone
Hamhuis
Lupul

Two of your choices stand out to me:

Semin ahead of Ruutu? I'd say at this juncture its possible he'll end up better than Ruutu, because he has as much skill, but he doesnt seem to have the fire of Ruutu. Plus Ruutu is such a demon on the ice.

Malone ahead of Lupul? Isn't Lupul like 4 years younger than Malone? From all accounts it seems like Lupul has the upside of an elite 1st line scorer, while Malone seems like he will be a solid hard working 2nd line scorer. I have to say i'm thrilled to have a young american come out of no-where to suceed like he has.

Heres how i'd rank em. Its not solely on potential, or guys like Semin would be ahead of Staal, but I give more weight to potential cause thats what the author of this thread asked.

Fleury
Zherdev
Lehtonen
Pitkanen
Ruutu
Staal
Horton
Semin
Hamhuis
Lupul
Ryder
Bergeron
Krajicek
Sjostrom
Malone
Tyutin
Hudler
Brown
Koltsov

I think theres a dropoff between Horton and Semin though. They all seem to be very promising young players though. If potential and accomplishments were factored in this list would be turned on its head though.

Jacobv2 said:
Why no love for Koltsov?

From what i've seen, he isnt as creative or as quick with his hands as most of the other guys on this thread. He'd kick all their asses in a foot race though! He wouldnt beat this guy though. Lookit them feet go! :gman:

Whenever I watch that guy dance, I hear that song "The Scatman"

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
From what i've seen, he isnt as creative or as quick with his hands as most of the other guys on this thread
That's not what I'm asking. Blackjack said Koltsov had "great potential" but then said he had "no love for him" and I'm just wondering why.

I fully understand why people are ranking him at the bottom of the list.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
Pitkanen
Staal
Fleury
Lehtonen
Zherdev
Ruutu
-
Semin
Horton