Visit site
1a Pitkanen (Norris)
1b Bouwmeester (Norris)
2 Klesla (Norris)
3 Markov
4 Grebeshkov
5 Hamhuis
6 Jillson
7 Zidlicky (i don't know much about him though)

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I know it's early but Zidlicky has 2 goals 3 assist in his first 4 NHL games, in fact it's his first 4 games in North America period, so much for taking time to get used to the NHL ice. He also plays good defense and actually crushed Rick Nash with a open ice hipcheck tonight.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
triggrman said:
He also plays good defense and actually crushed Rick Nash with a open ice hipcheck tonight.

After that hit, Nash spent about half of his ice time complaining to the refs about one thing or another. Orszagh popped him as well. Not sure if it was legal or not though. Nash didn't go out on his line change after that one, he went right for the ref and basically gave us a 5-4 until he decided to stop bitching and get off the ice.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
SmokeyClause said:
After that hit, Nash spent about half of his ice time complaining to the refs about one thing or another. Orszagh popped him as well. Not sure if it was legal or not though. Nash didn't go out on his line change after that one, he went right for the ref and basically gave us a 5-4 until he decided to stop bitching and get off the ice.

It was pretty obvious that Zidlicky jumped up to hit Nash with his shoulder (hipcheck? uh...ok). That textbook charging right there and refs missed it. He let them know about it. Then again, if Klesla nailed Legwand with the same hit, you'd be bitching about the non call and so would Legwand.

Sticky*

Here is how I would rate them based purely on potential:

1. Jay Bouwmeester - Nobody has more talent and potential than him, and he is already looking like he will begin to realize it.

2. Joni Pitkanen - Not looking out of place at all, ona veteran Flyers' team. Tremendous natural tools (much like Jay Bo).

3. Denis Grebeshkov - I think he will end up being a tremendous defenseman. He actually really reminds me of Scott Niedermayer. Nieds is obviously a better skater, but Grebs makes up for that with his physical play. Not to say he is slow, he is a tremendous skater, it's just nobody is as fast as NIedermayer. Has a lot of potential. The Kings will be scary with him and Gleason in a couple of years.

4. Rostislav Klesla - He is the least flashy player on the list, but also maybe the most solid. I think he'll turn out like Wade Redden (which is a huge compliment). Not really very noticable, but rarely makes a mistake, and will hit about 40-45pts a season at his prime.

5. Andrei Markov - Really looking good, it's just that he is older than the other guys, and who knows how much more improvement is left in him. But yeah, he is looking quite good.

6. Dan Hamhuis - He is one of my fav's, not the biggest, but plays huge, and loves to hit, as well, he knows how to put points on the board.

7. Jeff Jillson

8. Marek Zidlicky

Jillson and Zidlicky, I have had limited viewings, but I cannot see myself putting them above any of the other guys.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Thanks for all the views guys...

Seems like

Bouwmeester, Pitkanen are generally near the top...

then there's some varying views on the height of Klesla on this list as well as Markov...

Zidlicky and Jillson are somewhat lower down and even if these two get points it's fair to say some other guys on the list have a much better chance of getting Norris consideration...

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Sir Ozzie X said:
It was pretty obvious that Zidlicky jumped up to hit Nash with his shoulder (hipcheck? uh...ok). That textbook charging right there and refs missed it. He let them know about it. Then again, if Klesla nailed Legwand with the same hit, you'd be bitching about the non call and so would Legwand.

He didn't complain about the Zidlicky hit. He complained about everything else though. He's a wonderful talent, (made some great moves) but he is a crybaby (atleast he was last night). Zids got a little in the air but on the replay I saw when I got home, it was no different than 80-90% of open ice hits in the league. He got less than 6 inches of air. Granted, it was illegal in the sense that he left his feet. But if the NHL called the rules the way they were supposed to, well hockey just wouldn't be hockey. It would be wonderful :D

Yayo

1. Jay Bouwmeester
2. Joni Pitkanen
3. Rostislav Klesla
4. Denis Grebeshkov
5. Dan Hamhuis
6. Andrei Markov
7. Marek Zidlicky
8. Jeff Jillson

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
triggrman said:
Sorry Ozzy, I didn't see the replay, in real time, it looked like a hipcheck and it looked clean, regardless he leveled Nash.

It was a shoulder check, and while it wasn't technically legal, his skates were only about 3-4 inches off the ice max. You aren't going to get called for charging with that little jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->