Rank these prospects

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
I recently took over a SIM team and it has a mountain full of guys. I certainly dont expect somebody to rank the whole lot, but maybe a top 10, top 20 or even give a little detail on a guy who is less known.

Jonathan Huberdeau
Patrice Cormier
Dylan McIlrath
Alexander Burmistrov
Erik Gudbranson
Brett Connolly
Ryan McDonagh
Dougie Hamilton
Tomas Tatar
Brandon Kozun
Luke Adam
Alex Hutchings
Linus Klasen
Oscar Lindberg
Sabastian Wannstrom
Nick Petersen
Stefan Della Rovere
Maxwell Reinhart
Bryan Rust
Mike Testwuide
Joe Basaraba
Mark MacMillan
Vinny Saponari
Lee Baldwin
Julian Melchiori
Justin Schultz
Austin Levi
Eric Mestery
Martin Jones
Gustaf Wesslau
Anders Nilsson
Atte Engren
Carter Hutton
Alexei Marchenko
Jared Knight
Jeremy Morin
Phil Lane
Rasmus Bengtsson
Kent Patterson
Nick Seeler
Stephen Michalek
Garrett Meurs
Samuel Noreau
Johan Larsson
Mark Alt
Michael Chaput
James Wright
Andreas Thuresson

Thanks

Last edited:

BacklundtoBartschi*

Not going to rank, but you have a nice looking group.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Top 15. ( I will give it a try :laugh:)

1. Jonathan Huberdeau
2. Alexander Burmistrov
3. Dougie Hamilton
4. Brett Connolly
5. Ryan McDonagh
6. Jeremy Morin
7. Luke Adam
8. Tomas Tatar
9. Jared Knight
10. Dylan McIlrath
11. Martin Jones
12. Max Reinhart
13. Mark Alt
14. James Wright
15. Rasmus Bengtsson

That's fairly difficult to do, and those are just my opinions. ( May have missed someone obvious )

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
Top 15. ( I will give it a try :laugh:)

1. Jonathan Huberdeau
2. Alexander Burmistrov
3. Dougie Hamilton
4. Brett Connolly
5. Ryan McDonagh
6. Jeremy Morin
7. Luke Adam
8. Tomas Tatar
9. Jared Knight
10. Dylan McIlrath
11. Martin Jones
12. Max Reinhart
13. Mark Alt
14. James Wright
15. Rasmus Bengtsson

That's fairly difficult to do, and those are just my opinions. ( May have missed someone obvious )

Thanks a lot!! Very interest in the bottow 4 who I dont know that much about. I scanned your list and realized you left out Gudbranson, but then realized I left him off my list as well (so I edited him in). Its a pretty scary Prospect pool to pick up, that being said the current roster is Mush. :laugh:

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Jonathan Huberdeau
Patrice Cormier
Alexander Burmistrov
Erik Gudbranson
Brett Connolly
Dougie Hamilton
Tomas Tatar
Julian Melchiori
Jeremy Morin

those are the only ones i know enough about to have much of an opinion on, but i'd say they're all keepers.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Top 20

Jonathan Huberdeau
Dougie Hamilton
Erik Gudbranson
Alexander Burmistrov
Brett Connolly
Ryan McDonaugh
Dylan McIlrath
Tomas Tatar
Luke Adam
Jared Knight
Jeremy Morin
Johan Larsson
Oscar Lindberg
Patrice Cormier
Anders Nilsson
Rasmus Bengtsson
Max Reinhart
Mark Alt
Martin Jones
Justin Schultz

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
**** it, I'll rank everyone I've heard of I've got nothing better to do for 10 minutes.

1. Jonathan Huberdeau
2. Alexander Burmistrov
3. Erik Gudbranson
4. Dougie Hamilton
5. Brett Connolly
6. Jeremy Morin
7. Dylan McIlrath
8. Stefan Della Rovere
9. Tomas Tatar
10. Patrice Cormier
11. Ryan McDonaugh
12. Jared Knight
13. Luke Adam
14. Anders Nilsson
15. Sabastian Wannstrom
16. Oscar Lindberg
17. Austin Levi
18. Johan Larsson
19. Mark Alt
20. Julian Melchoiri
21. Linus Klasen
22. Brandon Kozun
23. Alexei Marchenko
24. Andreas Thuresson
25. Michael Chaput

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Thanks a lot!! Very interest in the bottow 4 who I dont know that much about. I scanned your list and realized you left out Gudbranson, but then realized I left him off my list as well (so I edited him in). Its a pretty scary Prospect pool to pick up, that being said the current roster is Mush. :laugh:

Gudbranson would fit into the #3 spot on my rankings.

TheZec

Mar 19, 2010
Anders Nilsson is a stud goalie prospect. He has the potential to be a starter... problem is, the islanders have to much goalies, so i don't think how good will he be for sim purposes...

BacklundtoBartschi*

**** it, I'll rank everyone I've heard of I've got nothing better to do for 10 minutes.

1. Jonathan Huberdeau
2. Alexander Burmistrov
3. Erik Gudbranson
4. Dougie Hamilton
5. Brett Connolly
6. Jeremy Morin
7. Dylan McIlrath
8. Stefan Della Rovere
9. Tomas Tatar
10. Patrice Cormier
11. Ryan McDonaugh
12. Jared Knight
13. Luke Adam
14. Anders Nilsson
15. Sabastian Wannstrom
16. Oscar Lindberg
17. Austin Levi
18. Johan Larsson
19. Mark Alt
20. Julian Melchoiri
21. Linus Klasen
22. Brandon Kozun
23. Alexei Marchenko
24. Andreas Thuresson
25. Michael Chaput

Never heard of Max Reinhart?

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I'll help you out on these that are Minnesota property and Alt who I've seen a good bit of...

Nick Seeler -- Late round pick of the Wild this past year. He's a "toolsy" defenseman prospect from one of the best hockey high schools in Minnesota the last few years. Seeler will be playing in the USHL this season and then will head to Nebraska-Omaha to play under one of the best coaches in hockey, Dean Blais. He's a long ways out from ever seeing the pro game, but Seeler does have a good bit of upside with his skating and offensive tools. Held his own at Wild Dev Camp and flashed some skill against a very good group that the Wild had in.

Stephen Michalek -- Another late round pick of the Wild this season, in a similar mold to Seeler. He's a high school kid with great athleticism at the goaltender position. Michalek is extremely raw at this point and is heading to Harvard this season. Again, like Seeler, he's a long ways off of the pro game. Played for a terrible high school team and was shelled with nearly an average of 50 shots per game. Seen some time at the US Dev camp this week after an injury to another goaltender. Looked okay at Wild Dev camp, should his athleticism but also his inconsistencies.

Johan Larsson -- Also Wild property drafted in the second round in 2010, played in the Swedish Elite League this past season and held his own at his young age. Fairly often finds the score sheet in national games against competition of his peers, but didn't exactly do the same against men in the SEL but that's expected. He's a two-way guy with great leadership characteristics. He should be in North America in 2012. Probably starts out in Houston, though. Doubtful he ever becomes a scoring threat. Upside is a responsible two-way center, more likely a 3rd line center.

Mark Alt -- Another "toolsy" Minnesota high school defender. Good frame to build off of. Not a U of Minnesota fan, but he was by far my favorite defenseman on that team last season. He's a responsible defender that can move the puck. Not sure he's got #1-2 defender potential but I think he'll easily settle in on the second pairing. Won't light up the score sheet from the point, but should probably put up respectable numbers for a second pairing guy when all is said and done. Good two-way player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad