Rank These Prospects

mikeedef

Jan 12, 2011
can someone please rank these prospects for a dynasty league?

Brayden Schenn
Chris Krieder
Jaden Schwartz
Brett Conolly
Nino Niederreiter
Erik Gudbranson
Ryan Johansen
Nick Bjugstad
Sean Couturier
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Adam Larsson
Ryan Murphy

thanks...and if you can tell me any other prospects that would be good that would be great

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
1. Adam Larrson - gonna be big time D-man logging minutes and working pp and pk
2. Nino Niederreiter - Have a feeling playing with Taveres will turn his game into a 50pt season.
3. Gabriel Landeskog - absolutely fearless, goes into corners and retrieves pucks and will put up some good numbers 35+ pts with that 6'0 202lb frame.
4. Ryan Nugent Hopkins - getting the #1 minutes in edm with hall and eberle on his line will help his point total.
5. Brayden Schenn - Have a feeling he will start slow, but end strong with a respectable amount of points (35+).
6. Nazem Kadri - This was a wild card, but the way he ended the season no doubt he adjusted his game to NHL level and should produce 35+ pts even playing on 3rd line.
7. Ryan Johanson - big strong center will most likely get opertunities to center Nash and produce some good numbers.
8. Ryan Murphy - amazing PMD with some speed creating offense for his team from back end will be his strength.
9. Erik Gudbranson - big shut down defense man, will be good, but playing on a team of rookies could see his +/- be on the deep negative end.
10. Sean Coutourier - he will mostlikely be drafted by FLR and be a #2 center but will not flourish so i see him with 30+ pts.
11. Brett Conolly - don't know if he'll be in nhl nxt year
12. Jaden Shwartz - could make the team nxt year, but got too many good players ahead of him for NYI like Nino, 3rd overall pick 2011 ...
13. Chris Krieder - don't know if he is big enough for NHL game have not seen alot of him, can't really judge.

frankielax

Nov 25, 2008
Los Angeles via STL
2. Nino Niederreiter - Have a feeling playing with Taveres will turn his game into a 50pt season.
3. Gabriel Landeskog - absolutely fearless, goes into corners and retrieves pucks and will put up some good numbers 35+ pts with that 6'0 202lb frame.
4. Ryan Nugent Hopkins - getting the #1 minutes in edm with hall and eberle on his line will help his point total.
5. Brayden Schenn - Have a feeling he will start slow, but end strong with a respectable amount of points (35+).
6. Nazem Kadri - This was a wild card, but the way he ended the season no doubt he adjusted his game to NHL level and should produce 35+ pts even playing on 3rd line.
7. Ryan Johanson - big strong center will most likely get opertunities to center Nash and produce some good numbers.
8. Ryan Murphy - amazing PMD with some speed creating offense for his team from back end will be his strength.
9. Erik Gudbranson - big shut down defense man, will be good, but playing on a team of rookies could see his +/- be on the deep negative end.
10. Sean Coutourier - he will mostlikely be drafted by FLR and be a #2 center but will not flourish so i see him with 30+ pts.
12. Jaden Shwartz - could make the team nxt year, but got too many good players ahead of him for NYI like Nino, 3rd overall pick 2011 ...
13. Chris Krieder - don't know if he is big enough for NHL game have not seen alot of him, can't really judge.

Jaden Schwartz is a St. Louis prospect and is almost definitely returning to Colorado College next year.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007

Kreider is bigger then everyone on this list besides Gudbranson, Johanson and Coutourier... :shakehead

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Kreider seems like the type who'll definitely make it to the NHL level but on what line is difficult to predict.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Honestly, I see a lot of Andrew Cogliano in Kreider.

Well, they definitely both have elite speed. Cogliano obviously is struggling to make plays at the NHL level and can't seem to think the game and make decisions fast enough to keep up with his feet.

Kreider could be similar, or he might put it all together it's tough to say. He has the benefit of size, so if he isn't a top 6 player, he has a much better chance to a 3rd line energy guy who can chip in offensively.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I am of the opinion that, had Schenn (during his draft year) and Johansen (after this year) been in the 2011 draft they would have gone first/second overall. This reflects more my opinion on the quality of this year's draft versus my feelings on Schenn and Johansen. I think RNH, who is in my opinion the best forward in the draft, is about interchangable with Niederreiter and would have gone fifth in the 2010 NHL Entry draft.

I removed Larsson, Murphy, and Gudbranson because I don't like to mix forwards and defensemen. I personally consider very different things when ranking them. Defensemen mean different things to franchises than forwards do, especially when franchises consider need.

1. Schenn
2. Johansen
3. Nugent-Hopkins
4. Niederreiter
5. Couturier
6. Schwartz
7. Connolly
8. Kreider
9. Bjugstad

I haven't seen enough of Gudbranson this year to rank the 3 defensemen.

Last edited:

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
You might as well removed Bjugstad because hes not going to get any love even though he has huge upside. He's drafted by Florida ;)

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Ryan Johansen
Adam Larsson
Brayden Schenn
Nino Niederreiter
Ryan Murphy
Jaden Schwartz
Erik Gudbranson
Sean Couturier
Brett Conolly
Chris Krieder
Nick Bjugstad

Johansen is the best prospect in hockey atm. Once RNH is drafted by the Oilers, he's the guy.

I had a hard time picking between Murphy and Nino. I just think Nino is more of a sure thing.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
You might as well removed Bjugstad because hes not going to get any love even though he has huge upside. He's drafted by Florida ;)

Being last on a list like this isn't necessarily a bad thing. So guys like Sean Couturier and Jaden Schwarz get ranked higher... they get ranked higher than 99% of the forward prospects out there right now.

CamDegs13

Nose Face Killah
Feb 9, 2007
UMass
twitter.com
Brayden Schenn
Ryan Johansen
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Nino Niederreiter
Adam Larsson
Sean Couturier
Ryan Murphy