Rank these prospects please

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
The gap in perceived defensive ability in meaningless in the face of the difference of offensive upside. That was my point, and I think I made it pretty clear.

Tracking prospects is not that hard. Kadri projects well on his way to being a top-six forward, Eller and Backlund do not.

The Rob Schremp comparison is just... weaksauce. Robbie couldn't skate nor would he play in the corners. Kadri is a risky player, but neither of these things are true with him.

By the way Eller is projected to be a 2nd line center......and he will probably end up there by the end of next year :yo:

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Remier is so overrated, and only a TML fan would rank him over Markström. Remier started really well in his first games, but dropped after that. That's why his SV% is so good. "He hasn't proven anything". He struggled getting used to the NA ice, but had over 90% far november and out this season. Carried a SEL team alone at the age of 17. Of course Reimer has an advantage when he has played on the small rinks all his life, while Markström hasn't. Markström is by far the best goaltender among those mentioned, and it's not even close. Only on HFboards or in Toronto would someone take Remier over Markström:shakehead

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Potential
1. Aleksandr Burmistrov
2. Mikael Granlund
3. Lars Eller
4. Nazem Kadri
5. Jakub Kindl
6. Mikkel Boedker
7. Mikael Backlund
8. Kirill Kabanov
9. Gustav Nyquist

Goalers
1. Jacob Markstrom
2. James Reimer
3. Jonas Gustavsson
4. Jussi Rynnas

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Remier is so overrated, and only a TML fan would rank him over Markström. Remier started really well in his first games, but dropped after that. That's why his SV% is so good. "He hasn't proven anything". He struggled getting used to the NA ice, but had over 90% far november and out this season. Carried a SEL team alone at the age of 17. Of course Reimer has an advantage when he has played on the small rinks all his life, while Markström hasn't. Markström is by far the best goaltender among those mentioned, and it's not even close. Only on HFboards or in Toronto would someone take Remier over Markström:shakehead

I am really against ranking goalies as they are usually very unpredictable. Sure Markstrom has proven he can play in the SEL yet Gustavsson did to and we all saw how that worked out. You will probably reply saying "Gustavsson is no where close to Markstrom" yet actually Gustavsson has posted better numbers than Markstrom ever had. I am in no way saying Gustavsson is better, im just using it as an example of how goalies are unpredictable and their true worth should be based on what they can do in the NHL. Ontop of all that, Reimer did not drop at all. In fact he was never spectacular but we praise him for his calm attitude and consistency.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
I am really against ranking goalies as they are usually very unpredictable. Sure Markstrom has proven he can play in the SEL yet Gustavsson did to and we all saw how that worked out. You will probably reply saying "Gustavsson is no where close to Markstrom" yet actually Gustavsson has posted better numbers than Markstrom ever had. I am in no way saying Gustavsson is better, im just using it as an example of how goalies are unpredictable and their true worth should be based on what they can do in the NHL. Ontop of all that, Reimer did not drop at all. In fact he was never spectacular but we praise him for his calm attitude and consistency.

Gustavsson vs Markström is another story. Gustavsson played on the best team in the league, and Markström on probably the worst one.

Remier certainly started out way better than he finished. He had some shutouts and one goal games, and HF boiled over, but at the end he wasn't as stable.. but we'll see who's gonna be the better one.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Gustavsson vs Markström is another story. Gustavsson played on the best team in the league, and Markström on probably the worst one.

Remier certainly started out way better than he finished. He had some shutouts and one goal games, and HF boiled over, but at the end he wasn't as stable.. but we'll see who's gonna be the better one.

You completely missed my point:facepalm: What i was trying to say is that goalies are unpredictable when it comes to NHL success so rating them now would be foolish as it can go either way.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

You can only live on potential and hype for so long. I don't know how you can actually compare NHL stats with hype and AHL numbers. Where do you draw the line? I dont know how Reimer even has a chance when you're using old SEL stories as excuses and accolades.

Is Markstrom already a top 10 NHL goalie? I'd love to see a list of which NHL starting goaltenders you think Markstrom is better than at this point in time.

Last edited:

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Potential
1. Aleksandr Burmistrov
2. Mikael Granlund
3. Lars Eller
4. Nazem Kadri
5. Jakub Kindl
6. Mikkel Boedker
7. Mikael Backlund
8. Kirill Kabanov
9. Gustav Nyquist

Goalers
1. Jacob Markstrom
2. James Reimer
3. Jonas Gustavsson
4. Jussi Rynnas

I think even a Habs fan would admit Kadri has more potential than Eller. And Boedker is being VERY underrated.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I think even a Habs fan would admit Kadri has more potential than Eller. And Boedker is being VERY underrated.

Boedker is being underrated because he plays for phoenix. They don't exactly have the best development for prospects. Another example is the Panthers, plentora of high picks and prospects, few actually turn out.

Kitsy

Jul 15, 2011
Jacob Markstrom
Mikael Granlund
James Reimer
Nazem Kadri
Aleksandr Burmistrov
Mikkel Boedker
Mikael Backlund
Lars Eller
Gustav Nyquist
Jakub Kindl