Rank these prospects please

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I think people are down on Kadri just because he is a Leaf. I mean, there is no way Backlund or Eller are better than him. Not currently and they don't have as much potential. Just sayin'

Have you ever considered that you might be overrating Kadri a little bit?

Its far from a lock that Kadri becomes a better player than Eller. Although he didn't get a ton of ice-time this year, Eller did look very good. Especially in the playoffs. With increased maturity, ice-time and some more development, Eller should become a very good two-way 2nd line center.

I think Kadri is the more skilled player, but hockey is a game of more than just Skill.. Eller has all the tools needed to be a great NHL player. I'd really like to know why you think its so ridiculous to think Eller will be better than Kadri, to the point where you claim there's some bias against Leaf players..

Lottery Oilers*

You'd rather have Backlund and Eller over Reimer and Kadri? :amazed:

IMO It is a toss-up between Burmistrov, Kadri, and Granlund for the top forward prospect in those.

I'm not a big fan of Kadri. He doesn't seem like the type of player coaches trust 5v5.. I see another Rob Schremp to be honest.

Reimer looks to be a good goalie, I ranked him as 2nd best tender but goalies are dime a dozen so I'll take the two-way forwards.

Lottery Oilers*

Nazem Kadri's getting the **** end of the stick here. I'm no Leafs fan, but the offense just isn't there with Backlund and Eller. At least not to the same degree as it is with Nazem.

Backlund and Eller are both better defensive players. The type of players that are valuable in a Stanley Cup run.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
I'm not a big fan of Kadri. He doesn't seem like the type of player coaches trust 5v5.. I see another Rob Schremp to be honest.

Reimer looks to be a good goalie, I ranked him as 2nd best tender but goalies are dime a dozen so I'll take the two-way forwards.

It seems that Schremp comparisons are common for all players lol. I hear it on a day-to-day basis. Whether it be Strome, Jurco, and now Kadri, Schremp comparisons are much too common. Kadri has improved so much defensively while still keeping his offensive flair, and you could tell on the second call-up. The only thing holding him back is he needs to get stronger.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
It seems that Schremp comparisons are common for all players lol. I hear it on a day-to-day basis. Whether it be Strome, Jurco, and now Kadri, Schremp comparisons are much too common. Kadri has improved so much defensively while still keeping his offensive flair, and you could tell on the second call-up. The only thing holding him back is he needs to get stronger.
Different people, different opinions. Give it a rest.

I doubt his strenght is the only thing that is holding him back at the moment. Kid played a couple of NHL games, and like any prospect, he has much more to learn.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
And a little information on each one would be nice as well. Some of them aren't prospects officially. I know it's a lot of players so just do what you can I guess. Thank you ahead of time.

Mikkel Boedker
Gustav Nyquist
Aleksandr Burmistrov
Jakub Kindl
Kirill Kabanov
Nazem Kadri
Jacob Markstrom
Jussi Rynnas
Mikael Granlund
James Reimer
Lars Eller
Mikael Backlund
Jonas Gustavsson

Burmistrov
Granlund
Markstrom
Boedker
Kadri
Backlund
Eller
Reimer
Nyquist
Kindl
Rynnas
Kabanov
Gustavsson

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Backlund and Eller are both better defensive players. The type of players that are valuable in a Stanley Cup run.

Come on...

You're talking about 20-23 year prospects here. Backlund and Eller are not Selke quality players, we aren't talking about +20 players who are going to check the hell out of the other teams top-lines.

There could very well be a 20-30 point gap in upside between the likes of Backlund and Eller versus Nazem Kadri.

Lottery Oilers*

Come on...

You're talking about 20-23 year prospects here. Backlund and Eller are not Selke quality players, we aren't talking about +20 players who are going to check the hell out of the other teams top-lines.

There could very well be a 20-30 point gap in upside between the likes of Backlund and Eller versus Nazem Kadri.

Come on...

Sure Backlund and Eller are not Selke quality but Kadri isn't Art Ross quality so what's your point?

Two players can be trusted by their coach.. the other can't.

Kadri could end up a 60 point player... he could also end up a bust.

I'll take the 2 two-way players over Rob Schremp v.2

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

This tells me all I need to know about you. I'm not sure you even know who Rob Schremp is beyond the puck tricks.

Mikael Granlund
Nazem Kadri
Aleksandr Burmistrov
Mikael Backlund
Lars Eller
Mikkel Boedker
Gustav Nyquist
Jakub Kindl
Kirill Kabanov

James Reimer
Jacob Markstrom
Jonas Gustavsson
Jussi Rynnas

hunterguy

Jun 12, 2010
This is how I see it right now. Kadri is down the list because his showings at the NHL level have been suspect at best so far. His upside potential is there, but he has to prove it yet. The others that haven't proved it either, like Granlund etc., in my mind have far more potential. In a couple years it would be nice to revive this thread and see exactly what has happened.

1. Mikael Granlund
2. Aleksandr Burmistrov
3. Lars Eller
4. Mikkel Boedker
5. Gustav Nyquist
6. Nazem Kadri
7. Jakub Kindl
8. Kirll Kabanov

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Skaters:

1. Granlund
2. Burmistrov
3. Kadri
4. Eller
5. Boedker
6. Backlund
7. Kindl
8. Kababov
9. Nyquist

Goalies:

1. Reimer
2. Marsktrom
3. Rynnas
4. Gustavsson

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
And a little information on each one would be nice as well. Some of them aren't prospects officially. I know it's a lot of players so just do what you can I guess. Thank you ahead of time.

Mikkel Boedker
Gustav Nyquist
Aleksandr Burmistrov
Jakub Kindl
Kirill Kabanov
Nazem Kadri
Jacob Markstrom
Jussi Rynnas
Mikael Granlund
James Reimer
Lars Eller
Mikael Backlund
Jonas Gustavsson

A. Burmistrov
J. Markstrom
M. Granlund
N. Kadri
M. Backlund
M. Boedker
J. Reimer
L. Eller
K. Kindl
K. Kabanov
J. Gustavsson
J. Rhynnas
G. Nyquist

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Forwards
Mikael Granlund
Aleksandr Burmistrov
Mikael Backlund
Nazem Kadri
Mikkel Boedker
Lars Eller
Gustav Nyquist
Kirill Kabanov

Goalies
Jacob Markstrom
James Reimer
Jonas Gustavsson
Jussi Rynnas

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Come on...

Sure Backlund and Eller are not Selke quality but Kadri isn't Art Ross quality so what's your point?

The gap in perceived defensive ability in meaningless in the face of the difference of offensive upside. That was my point, and I think I made it pretty clear.

Tracking prospects is not that hard. Kadri projects well on his way to being a top-six forward, Eller and Backlund do not.

The Rob Schremp comparison is just... weaksauce. Robbie couldn't skate nor would he play in the corners. Kadri is a risky player, but neither of these things are true with him.

Lottery Oilers*

This tells me all I need to know about you.

That says more about you than it does about me. :)

I'm not sure you even know who Rob Schremp is beyond the puck tricks.

I hope Kadri proves me wrong. Nothing against the guy, I just see him as a 35-45 point player that's weak on draws and weak in the defensive zone.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
That says more about you than it does about me. :)

I hope Kadri proves me wrong. Nothing against the guy, I just see him as a 35-45 point player that's weak on draws and weak in the defensive zone.

No offense but did you even watch any of his games on his second call-up? I think he had like 6 or 7 points in 10 games or idk but he was playing on the third line with like Boyce and Crabb (lol). He was one of the better forwards on the Leafs and one of the most dangerous.

The thing about Schremp is that he couldn't skate, didn't engage in physical play at all, and was horrible defensively. Kadri can skate, loves to be physical (see any of his junior games) but doesn't have the strength to do it at the NHL level yet and has improved so much defensively after his AHL time. He isn't good on the draws though and it's something to maybe work on (although he plays more left wing).

Aside from having good hands and being on the Knights in juniors I don't see the Schremp comparison at all.

Lottery Oilers*

The gap in perceived defensive ability in meaningless in the face of the difference of offensive upside. That was my point, and I think I made it pretty clear.

Tracking prospects is not that hard. Kadri projects well on his way to being a top-six forward, Eller and Backlund do not.

The Rob Schremp comparison is just... weaksauce. Robbie couldn't skate nor would he play in the corners. Kadri is a risky player, but neither of these things are true with him.

I'm not sure what you are looking for here. We don't all have to agree on the same players and Kadri and anything but a sure bet.

We'll see what Eller, Backlund and Kadri do next year..

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

Kadri is no where near the same type of player as Rob Schremp. It is quite obvious that you know nothing about either player so why not just stop while you are ahead. The only comparison that can be made between both is that they have smooth hands. The problem is you did not take skating into consideration (which Schremp is terrible at). You also didnt take into consideration that Kadri is a ball-breaking player who likes to hit and get into the dirty areas (surpringly well actually for someone his size with no balance) while Schremp is soft and shys away from contact/corners.

This proves your ignorance just a little more seeing as Kadri played on the wing during his whole stint with the Leafs. Like i said, if you dont know what your taking about just quit while your ahead.

Lottery Oilers*

This proves your ignorance just a little more seeing as Kadri played on the wing during his whole stint with the Leafs. Like i said, if you dont know what your taking about just quit while your ahead.

He took 121 faceoffs last year (4.1 per game)

He won 40.5%

Lottery Oilers*

You also didnt take into consideration that Kadri is a ball-breaking player who likes to hit and get into the dirty areas (surpringly well actually for someone his size with no balance) while Schremp is soft and shys away from contact/corners.

Kadri had 16 hits in 29 games. 0.55 hits per game

Schremp had 34 hits in 63 games. 0.53 hits per game

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Kadri had 16 hits in 29 games. 0.55 hits per game

Schremp had 34 hits in 63 games. 0.53 hits per game

Kadri only played 1/3 of the season and most of that was in the final stretch in which he had to behave and avoid dumb penalties:help:

And your face off% is also laughable... Which centre takes 4 face offs a game? And most of those were probably from his first few games where he was tried at centre.

Felkov

May 17, 2010
St-Hilaire
Forwards:
Granlund
Burmistrov
Kadri
Eller
Boedker
Backlund
Kindl
Nyquist
Kabanov

Goalies:
Markstrom
Reimer
Gustavsson
Rynnas

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Come on...

Two players can be trusted by their coach.. the other can't.

Kadri could end up a 60 point player... he could also end up a bust.

You didn't watch any Leaf games when Kadri got called up at the end did you? Rob Schremp 2.0? Give it a rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->