Pavel Brendl
Christian Berglund
Rob Schremp
Brad Boyes
Alexandre Picard
Andrei Kastsitsyn
Igor Grigorenko
Dustin Brown

Not one of them in Ovechkins class enough said .

fedorov_jr

May 8, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
heres my go at it:

1.Rob Schremp
2.Tuomo Ruutu
3.Lauri Tukonen
4.Andrei Kastsitsyn
5.Igor Grigorenko
6.Alexandre Picard
7.Ales Kotalik
8.Taylor Pyatt
9.Dustin Brown
10.Brad Boyes
11.RJ Umberger
12.Krys Kolanos
13.Jared Aulin
14.Marcel Hossa
15.Pavel Brendl
16.Vaclav Nedorost
17.Konstantin Pushkaryov
18.Christian Berglund

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
Ruutu shouldn't be considered a prospect should he because he has played more than 25 games, right?

db23

Ruutu
Brown
Tukonen
Pyatt
Grigorenko
Brendl
Nederost
Boyes
Berglund
Hossa
Kolanos
Picard
Aulin
Umberger
Schremp
Kostitsyn
Kotalik
Pushkarev

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
If I were gonna draft them....

Tuomo Ruutu
Igor Grigorenko
Dustin Brown
Lauri Tukonen
Ales Kotalik
RJ Umberger
Andrei Kostitsyn
Taylor Pyatt
Marcel Hossa
Rob Schremp
Alexandre Picard
Pavel Brendl
Krys Kolanos
Konstanstin Pushkaryev
Brad Boyes
Jared Aulin
Vaclav Nederost
Christian Berglund

Hawkalyzer

Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
Spetzky said:
Ruutu shouldn't be considered a prospect should he because he has played more than 25 games, right?

hes played 82 this season, so i agree, TR shouldnt be a prospect

capman29 said:
Not one of them in Ovechkins class enough said .

:shakehead

Andrei Kostitsyn
Dustin Brown
Lauri Tukonen
Alexandre Picard
Rob Schremp
RJ Umberger
Taylor Pyatt
Igor Grigorenko
Marcel Hossa
Brad Boyes
Jared Aulin
Christian Berglund
Konstanstin Pushkaryev

"prospect" rankings, i took a couple out who i didnt think should be considered prospects

capman29

infinitesadd said:
Ruutu is, in my opinion he will have more of an impact on Chicago over his career than Ovechkin will on Washington.

Want to put some money or property on that ? I am open to taking you to the cleaners . Ruutu will never be the player Ovechkin is even if Ovechkin skated on one leg . Talent and size win every time . Get back to me if we have a wagger because hip national bank is waoting for you money to be deposited . :D

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
capman29 said:
Want to put some money or property on that ? I am open to taking you to the cleaners . Ruutu will never be the player Ovechkin is even if Ovechkin skated on one leg . Talent and size win every time . Get back to me if we have a wagger because hip national bank is waoting for you money to be deposited . :D
foppa?

Hawkalyzer

Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
capman29 said:

:shakehead :dunno:

infinitesadd

May 15, 2004
Pittsburgh
capman29 said:

Ruutu is going to be an elite player. I am not being biased, as I really don't like Chicago. You are the most biased poster I have ever seen.

You said in another thread you would not trade Ouellet for Crosby. Then you come on this thread and say that none of those players listed is in Ovechkin's class.

A lot of people in here, including myself are biased to our own teams, but you are the worst. Ovechkin is a great prospect, I am not refuting that. I just think Ruutu will be a more important player to Chicago.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Tuomo Ruutu
Lauri Tukonen
Igor Grigorenko
Andrei Kastsitsyn
Dustin Brown
RJ Umberger
Rob Schremp
Brad Boyes
Alexandre Picard
Vaclav Nedorost
Marcel Hossa
Konstantin Pushkaryov
Jared Aulin
Christian Berglund

The Lower group id consider them regular pro's right now.

Krys Kolanos
Taylor Pyatt
Ales Kotalik
Pavel Brendl

Since Ruutu us still very early 20's i rated him as a prospect, but he isnt anymore.

Last edited:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
infinitesadd said:
Ruutu is going to be an elite player. I am not being biased, as I really don't like Chicago. You are the most biased poster I have ever seen.

You said in another thread you would not trade Ouellet for Crosby. Then you come on this thread and say that none of those players listed is in Ovechkin's class.

A lot of people in here, including myself are biased to our own teams, but you are the worst. Ovechkin is a great prospect, I am not refuting that. I just think Ruutu will be a more important player to Chicago.

So, Ruutu>Ovechkin. Whatever.

Testify

Jun 24, 2004
whats the status on Nedorost?? any chance of cracking up the Panthers' roster next season ( if there is one ) and maybe get to prove himself a bit?

and what are u guys ideas on his future?

he had some what a good end of season when he was recalled from the AHL

infinitesadd

May 15, 2004
Pittsburgh
Testify said:
whats the status on Nedorost?? any chance of cracking up the Panthers' roster next season ( if there is one ) and maybe get to prove himself a bit?

I liked him when he was on the Avs. I haven't really seen him since that trade, I always thought he was pretty solid though.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
At this point, I'd take Ruutu over Ovechkin. Hype is nice, but Ovechkin hasn't had the opportunity to play in the NHL yet. Ruutu has, and has proved that he's got what it takes. I'll take that over hype and potential anyday.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Shane said:
At this point, I'd take Ruutu over Ovechkin. Hype is nice, but Ovechkin hasn't had the opportunity to play in the NHL yet. Ruutu has, and has proved that he's got what it takes. I'll take that over hype and potential anyday.

Ruutu is my kind of player, but he had one good half of one season. He certainly appears to have it, but so does Ovechkin, and as far as potential goes it's Ovechkin every day of the week and on holidays.

Homerism aside, to see Jared Aulin consistently ranked a bottom 3 guy on most people's lists is a farce.

DarioinDenver

Jun 19, 2002
Denver, CO
Visit site
Testify said:

He's been mediorce when healthy. Add to the fact he's had two knee surgeries and double shoulder surgery, you have to conclude he's injury prone. There's some skill there but he can't create his own chances and he's not setting other people up. He may find a niche where he can play a wing and finish some plays but early in his career he's had a tendancy to stop moving in the offensive zone. I don't care for his instincts but you can see he has the hands if he's ever in a position to use them.

DINO22CICCARELLI

May 6, 2004
infinitesadd said:

If Ruutu was so GREAT WHY DIDNT HE GO #1 IN HIS DRAFT CLASS?
I never heard ANY scout or GM say Ruutu was the BEST prospect SINCE Mario!!

VanCanuck

May 9, 2003
Vancouver, BC
my ranking:

Andrei Kastsitsyn
Rob Schremp
Tuomo Ruutu
Lauri Tukonen
Igor Grigorenko
Ales Kotalik
Dustin Brown
Vaclav Nedorost
Taylor Pyatt
Brad Boyes
Alexandre Picard
Jared Aulin
Pavel Brendl
Christian Berglund
RJ Umberger
Marcel Hossa
Krys Kolanos
Konstantin Pushkaryov

be kind ;)

Vast Ant Dioi

Jun 16, 2003
Xunantunich
thenewnhl.blogspot.com
fedorov_jr said:
heres my go at it:

1.Rob Schremp
2.Tuomo Ruutu
3.Lauri Tukonen
4.Andrei Kastsitsyn
5.Igor Grigorenko
6.Alexandre Picard
7.Ales Kotalik
8.Taylor Pyatt
9.Dustin Brown
10.Brad Boyes
11.RJ Umberger
12.Krys Kolanos
13.Jared Aulin
14.Marcel Hossa
15.Pavel Brendl
16.Vaclav Nedorost
17.Konstantin Pushkaryov
18.Christian Berglund

:dunno:

Schremp over Ruutu? Not even the Oilers themselves would take Schremp over Ruutu. For that matter, no sane person with even a little hockey knowledge would. What is wrong with you?

To say nothing over the fact that the 25th overall pick is suddenly a better prospect than the 8th and the 11th of the same year. :shakehead

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad