Bobby Ryan
Steve Bernier
Kyle Okposo
James Sheppard
Brian Boyle
Guillerme Latendresse
Hugh Jessimen

Good group of prospects.

I where people would put Eric Fehr on that list, although he's not really a power forward.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Just out of curiosity, does nobody think Boyle will be good, or that the other prospects will be that much better?

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
King'sPawn said:
Just out of curiosity, does nobody think Boyle will be good, or that the other prospects will be that much better?

I think people just don't know him....from what I saw during the beanpot he sure looks like a good one (which is why i try to get you Kings to trade him to the bruins in all your trade proposals).

Bobby Ryan
Steve Bernier
Brian Boyle
Kyle Okposo
James Sheppard
Guillerme Latendresse
Hugh Jessimen

Vipers

May 17, 2002
Visit site
Does Jessiman so bad.
He started badly w/Hartford and they sent him down in ECHL, I believe.
He finished with Hartford in the AHL with 19 pts in 39 games in his 1st year.
He's a big man at 6' 6'.
Maybe he has been draft too fast like Wheeler, but I don't believe that he's so bad.
He'll come back in the AHL next year and we will have a better opinion.
Remember Penner in his 1st AHL year...28 in 77 games.
To follow.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
RallyKiller said:
Whats happened to hugh jessimen?

he basically hasn't had nearly as many games to help his development lately as other players...part of that is from playing in college, and another big part is that he was injured for most of the season in 2004/2005. When he came to camp in 2005, he was pretty behind in part because of this.

He improved a lot and was doing alright in Hartford later in the season until the Pack brought in Brad Smyth and bumped him down to the lower two lines...

He has a ways to go, but still has potential to be good if he just starts putting it together and gets the time to do so.

a draft pick the rangers would probably like to have back, but all is not lost yet. he does have some good skills

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think Boyle is being shortchanged here a bit. The guy is 6' 7", weighs about 230 lbs, and is a very good skater for his size. He is also an excellent passer, has a nice shot, is almost impossible to clear out from in front of the net, is excellent defensively, and is a leader. I'm not sure if he'll be a star at the next level, but he has all the makings of a very good, almost unique NHL forward.

stocker

Mar 9, 2004
I just wish Boyle had a mean streak.He could be Eric Lindros in his prime.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
I think Boyle is being shortchanged here a bit. The guy is 6' 7", weighs about 230 lbs, and is a very good skater for his size. He is also an excellent passer, has a nice shot, is almost impossible to clear out from in front of the net, is excellent defensively, and is a leader. I'm not sure if he'll be a star at the next level, but he has all the makings of a very good, almost unique NHL forward.

He absolutely is being shortchanged in this thread. This looks like a classic example of people not knowing anything about him. He was a force this year with Boston College and showed a ton of upside as a power forward. I expect him to dominate Hockey East this year and then sign with the Kings. He is definitely top 3-4 on that list just under Ryan, Bernier and maybe Latendresse.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Ha, Boyle is getting shafted.

Steve Bernier
Bobby Ryan
Brian Boyle
Kyle Okposo
James Sheppard
Guillerme Latendresse
Hugh Jessimen

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
Reaper45 said:

I'm not shafting him in my list, just trying not to get my hopes up about a first round power forward pick again (Karlsson) :(

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
Reaper45 said:

Steve Bernier
Bobby Ryan
Brian Boyle
Kyle Okposo
James Sheppard
Guillerme Latendresse
Hugh Jessimen

Abyss said:
I think people just don't know him....from what I saw during the beanpot he sure looks like a good one (which is why i try to get you Kings to trade him to the bruins in all your trade proposals).

Bobby Ryan
Steve Bernier
Brian Boyle
Kyle Okposo
James Sheppard
Guillerme Latendresse
Hugh Jessimen

:D

Randall Graves*

I would like for people to give reasoning as to why they rank players where they do if it's not too much trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad