Rank these midgets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
The following is a list of the smaller/est players in both the AHL and already drafted CHL (IE no Crosby). Namely we're looking at 5'9" and under.

Rank them in order from who'll be best to "meh who cares". Who will be the next Theo Fleury, Brian Gionta, Steve Sullivan, Eric Boguniecki, or Martin St.Louis?
---------------------------
Mike Cammalleri (LA) 5'9"
Derek Roy (Buffalo) 5'9"
Trevor Daley (Dal) 5'9"
Jordon Tootoo (Nash) 5'9"
Marek Svatos (Colorado) 5'9"
Eric Perrin (TB) 5'9" (Somewhat overage now)
Noah Clarke (LA) 5'9"
Tony Salmelainen (Edm) 5'9"
Petr Kanko (LA) 5'9"
Corey Locke (Mtl) 5'9"
Ryan Kraft (NYI) 5'9"
Simon Gamache (Nash) 5'9"

Nigel Dawes (NYR) 5'8"
Tony Voce (Phi) 5'8"
Ben Eaves (Pitt) 5'8"
Brandon Reid Van) 5'8"

Jeff 'The Tank' Panzer (Columbous) 5'7"
Chris Bourque (Wash) 5'7"
----------------------------

I'd say my top 6 would be:
Cammalleri / Roy / Tootoo / Dawes / Daley / Svatos

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Just 10

Cammalleri
Daley
Roy
Svatos
Tootoo
Salmelainen
Perrin
Kanko
Gamache
Locke

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Derek Roy (Buffalo) 5'9"
Trevor Daley (Dal) 5'9"
Eric Perrin (TB) 5'9"
Corey Locke (Mtl) 5'9"
Jordin Tootoo (Nash) 5'9"

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Derek Roy (Buffalo) 5'9"
Nigel Dawes (NYR) 5'8''
Trevor Daley (Dal) 5'9"
Petr Kanko (LA) 5'9"
Corey Locke (Mtl) 5'9"
Jordin Tootoo (Nash) 5'9"
Brandon Reid (Van) 5'8"

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Derek Roy (Buffalo) 5'9"
Trevor Daley (Dal) 5'9"
Petr Kanko (LA) 5'9"
Corey Locke (Mtl) 5'9"
Eric Perrin (TB) 5'9"

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
I'm 6'3" so yes most of the world are midgets to me. I think though that 5'8"-5'10" is on the short side for an NHL player. I know we've all seen Ronning and Fleury play but those types of players are few and far between. I was afraid using the term "midget" might bring about some moral outrage from some sort of right wing soap box orator.. none yet....

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Reveille! said:
Reading these lists, Dawes is ridiculously underrated.
Im thinking it's because most of the people that are picked ahead of him, have had great junior careers like him or have proven they can play at a higher level in the ahl. Although I too am suprised not to see him on many lists.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
You know what we should do rank them and actually compare them to someone for how good you think they will be since just ranking them doesnt mean much.... And yes i'm 6'6 so most people are small to me and i'm still growing

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
My list
1) Cammalleri
2) Roy
3) Svatos
The first 3 are pretty self explanitory, Camms 2 tremendous WJC's has scored at every level including in the NHL when he ws given top 6 ice time. Roy has played well in the ahl and so far in his brief NHL career. Svatos looked amazing in the playoffs for Colorado last year although injuries remain a concern.
4) Locke
So much Talent, and an amazing work ethic to go with it. If his speed keeps improving at a high klip look out.
5) Kanko
Not as much offensive upside as some but should become a really good third line agitator
6) Gamache
Third great year in a row in the ahl for Gamache, Skill is there, but will skating hold him back?? Eitherway deserves a shot with Nashvell when NHL resumes
7) Dawes
Great scorer with a tremendous shot, skating and consistency are his biggest drawbacks, but has all the tools. Not proven at the AHL level like those above.
8) Tootoo
Already in the NHL. Although I think he was rushed a bit. What you see is what you get, a chippy forward who provides a lot of energy and hustle, may also develope into a 30 to 40 point third line energy guy.
9) Reid
Has played well in the AHL and shown a lot in the NHL in his short stints. Will probaly play in the NHL, just not with Vancouver.
10) Daley
Tremendous speed, but very small for a dman, may have trouble with bigger stronger NHL forwards. Decision making with the puck also needs a lot of work, but the tools are there to be a good bottom 4 dman.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
surixon said:
10) Daley
Tremendous speed, but very small for a dman, may have trouble with bigger stronger NHL forwards. Decision making with the puck also needs a lot of work, but the tools are there to be a good bottom 4 dman.

Funny...didnt have any of those problems in his 26 NHL games last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad