rank these goaltending prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
corey schneider, carey price, tuuka rask, devan dubnyk, al montoya, marek schwarz

Price
Schneider
Schwarz
Rask
Dubnyk
Montoya

Jurgy25

Sep 20, 2005
San Jose
I will also go with Price first, maybe high on rask but I like him.

C. Price
A. Montoya
T. Rask
C. Shneider
M. Schwarz
D. Dubnyk

Maithz

god Price is higher than 3 weeks ago :eek:

good to see he has a great training camp with the Habs . Hope he will start for Team Canada Jr this winter

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
aspin said:
Wow...yours is even better...SChwarz #1....you guys crack me up...yeah based on what he has done Schwarz is really #1....#1 flop maybe.

ok... :speechles

Schwarz is a great goaltender and he was clearly the best netminder in the lat WJC...

He didn't had a great season in the WHL but he still have the time to be one of the best of that list...

grapeshine

Dec 9, 2002
Visit site
The things with these lists is that I've seen maybe two of these guys play and I can still make a list:

Carey Price
Al Montoya
Corey Schneider
Tuuka Rask
Marek Schwarz
Devyn Dubnyk

Voila!

Like these lists tell me absolutely nothing. It would be nice if instead of typing what amounts to a meaningless list, folks could somehow justify their rankings in some manner.

grapeshine

Dec 9, 2002
Visit site
Kryoptix said:
Dubnyk, devan
Montoya, al
Price, carey
Rask, tuuka
Schneider, corey
Swarz, marek

alphebetical order rock ! :yo:

This is what I'm talking about. Kryoptix went to the trouble to explain that he went through the cerebral exercise of listing these players in alphabetical order (although he did misspell alphabetical). He's justified his selections in an intelligent manner, thus asserting his list as the list of a hockey expert. Well done.

K9

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
These lists don't mean anything, they're not important, but it's still fun to see what other posters think of prospects.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
1. Carey Price - his rock solid NHL camp and his dominant year with Tri City make him undisputed number 1. Should have a great year with Team Canada.
2. Marek Scwartz- Based on pure talent, he is the best goalie on this list. He had a rough year in the WHL, but thats expected from a young, european goalie. He was awesome that last year's WJC.
3. Al Montoya- Has great skill, but has big question marks mentaly. An average NHL camp. We'll see what he can do in the AHL
4. Tukka Rask- A great talent, but hasn't played enough high level competition to peg him too high (he'll get that chance this year). He's still at least 3 years away, but is showing great upside.
5. Devan Dubnyk- Is a very inconsistent goaltender. When he's on, he's tough to beat. However when he's off, beach balls are known to be put by him. Needs to be more consistent if he wants to make it in the pro's.
6. Corey Schnider- The jury's out on this guy. At elevated levels (the US Jr team) he is known to choke. Had a solid year, but he had a good Boston College team in front of him this year. I'm just not sold on him (sorry Nucks' fans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad