1. Devin Dubnyk
2. Jimmy Howard
3. Al Montoya
4. Cory Schneider
5. Kevin Nastiuk
6. Devin Shantz

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Howard inconsistent? He was a rock all season long.

didn't he get off to a bit of a rocky start, then had an injury before turning it on?

I don't follow college hockey, or maine, extremely closely but i just had the impression he started the season a little off...

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Montoya = Glenn Healey

That is Montoya's max potential he will never amont to anything better. He is by far the most overrated goalie in the history of hockey.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
golleafsgo_17 said:
Montoya = Glenn Healey

That is Montoya's max potential he will never amount to anything better. He is by far the most overrated goalie in the history of hockey.

Yup, because how he performs in 3 games in a tournament is how and what he will amount to. :shakehead

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
and his play for Michigan any goalie that is drafted 6th overall should have a save% higher than .900 at least and his play in WJC was horrendous as well. As for the list Jimmy Howard is the best goalie on the list.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
golleafsgo_17 said:
and his play for Michigan any goalie that is drafted 6th overall should have a save% higher than .900 at least and his play in WJC was horrendous as well. As for the list Jimmy Howard is the best goalie on the list.

You have obviously not followed him in college so please dont comment on something going only by stats. Thanks

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
FLYLine4LIFE said:
You have obviously not followed him in college so please dont comment on something going only by stats. Thanks

I saw him tons this past year, and in his draft year.

He may not be the most overrated goalie in history, but i agree with goleafsgo_17.

Montoya flat out sucked this past year. How much college hockey do you watch, because Montoya was the best goalie on the ice for about 4 games last year. Every other game he played second fiddle to the other teams goaltender.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

yeahhhh i wouldn't trumpet montoya's last year too much ;) from the games i saw he was terribly inconsistant. i saw flashes of great talent from him, but it could kind of go period by period almost. i just don't think his head was completely in the game all the time...but like i said, i felt you could easily see the talent there even if he was being inconsistant. seeing as this year is the aberration in his career to this point i think it was just a poor year he'll rebound from. he was quite good at the end of the year in the tournaments

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Montoya - not "homerism," if you pay any attention at all, you know how good he is. This season doesn't concern me at all, he carried himself and W's in a very mature manner through a bad year. Better mind than Schwarz, not quite as acrobatic or cat-like.

Howard - don't doubt him at all, he's a bona fide all-star goalie.

Dubnyk - most upside after those two, didn't look great, but not too concerning.

Schneider - big '04 surprise from USHS... NHL.com's poll sugget he is Vancouver's no. 1 prospect... but VAN needs a lot of help in the system also.

Shantz - was neck-and-neck with Montoya and Dubnyk all through their draft year.

Nastiuk - limited ceiling, but he'll probably become a good back-up a la Jussi Markkanen.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Levitate said:
yeahhhh i wouldn't trumpet montoya's last year too much ;) from the games i saw he was terribly inconsistant. i saw flashes of great talent from him, but it could kind of go period by period almost. i just don't think his head was completely in the game all the time...but like i said, i felt you could easily see the talent there even if he was being inconsistant. seeing as this year is the aberration in his career to this point i think it was just a poor year he'll rebound from. he was quite good at the end of the year in the tournaments

I was arguing with the fact the person thought he wouldnt turn out any better then Glen Healey after one below average season. Im not saying he was great by any means..but his stats dont tell the whole story.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
BobMarleyNYR said:
Schneider - big '04 surprise from USHS... NHL.com's poll sugget he is Vancouver's no. 1 prospect... but VAN needs a lot of help in the system also.

That doesnt say much though. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->