Rank these Defensive Prospects

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Knowing that Larsson is most likely going #1 overall, what is your take on these 4 dmen's overall upside and ability to step in next year? What order do they get drafted?

1. Ryan Murphy
2. Dougie Hamilton
3. Duncan Siemens
4. Nathan Beaulieu

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Mine

1. D.Hamilton
2. R.Murphy
3. D.Siemens
4. N. Beaulieu

Murphy probably gets drafted ahead of Hamilton however.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Knowing that Larsson is most likely going #1 overall, what is your take on these 4 dmen's overall upside and ability to step in next year? What order do they get drafted?

1. Ryan Murphy
2. Dougie Hamilton
3. Duncan Siemens
4. Nathan Beaulieu

imo.

1. Ryan Murphy
2. Duncan Siemens
3. Dougie Hamilton
4. Nathan Beaulieu

Siemens can potential jump Murphy, but that wouldn't settle well on HF. Very close between the 4.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Curious to why Beaulieu is behind both Siemens and Hamilton on both of your lists. He seems like the total package you want in a defenseman. Also, who is most ready out of those prospects. Thanks.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Curious to why Beaulieu is behind both Siemens and Hamilton on both of your lists. He seems like the total package you want in a defenseman. Also, who is most ready out of those prospects. Thanks.

Siemens and Hamilton are more defensive, but have great potential than Beaulieu.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Anyone else seeing the similarities between Dougie Hamilton and Alex Pietrangelo?

Alex Pietrangelo
60GP-13G-40-53P

Dougie Hamilton
43GP-8G-33A-41P

- Both are tall, lanky defenders
- Both play in the OHL, both are from the Toronto area
- Both are R-handed defenseman with big shots and offensive prowess

They both even wear the #27 for crying out loud.

For someone who watches Hamilton a lot: what is stopping this kid from getting similar praise and hype?

MPStoEberletoHall*

1. Ryan Murphy
2. Dougie Hamilton
3. Duncan Siemens
4. Nathan Beaulieu

You have the order right already:)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Anyone else seeing the similarities between Dougie Hamilton and Alex Pietrangelo?

Alex Pietrangelo
60GP-13G-40-53P

Dougie Hamilton
43GP-8G-33A-41P

For someone who watches Hamilton a lot: what is stopping this kid from getting similar praise and hype?

Do you see his offense game translate to the pros? I've seen him a few times and he looks more of a defensive defenseman than a 2 way dman.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Don't forget Musil. He's seriously becoming underrated on these boards.

I really wasnt impressed by his skating at all at the Prospects game. Beaulieu really did have a good game overall. He laid out Murphy iirc. I know its only one game but he sure as hell looked to be on the same level as Hamilton and even more so Siemens.

member 30781

Murphy
Siemens
Hamilton
Beaulieu

Hamilton is getting VASTLY overrated on here.

itscameron

Jul 11, 2010
St. Catharines, ON

Alex Pietrangelo
60GP-13G-40-53P

Dougie Hamilton
43GP-8G-33A-41P

I've watched almost every single game of these two playing for the Ice Dogs. I think Dougie has been getting some pretty good hype from several drafting services etc. though. I also think that the forwards in this year's draft are getting overrated because everyone is hungover from Hall, Seguin, Johansen, etc. from last year, so that obviously doesn't help Dougie's popularity as a defensemen.

Nevertheless, both Petro and Dougie play very similar styles. Both good two-way D-men but, I believe Petro was just more offensively dynamic. Dougie has a a great release and sees the ice well, but Petro was just a lot better at controlling the game in the offensive zone with really smart decisions along with all of the skills that Dougie has.

Both great similar players though.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

Alex Pietrangelo
60GP-13G-40-53P

Dougie Hamilton
43GP-8G-33A-41P

The similarities struck me very quick after seeing Hamilton for the first time. I never saw Petro at the same age but they look so similar.

I don't have enough viewings of Beaulieu but his skating looked really good at the TP game. I will say this though Hamilton >> Strome

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
1. Murphy
2. Siemens
3. Hamilton

4. Beaulieu

Murphy pretty easily has the most skill of all of them, whether it translates remains to be seen. I believe 100% it will however.

8BostonRocker24

Feb 8, 2006
Silicon Valley
I personally would go:
1. Ryan Murphy
2. Dougie Hamilton
3. Duncan Siemens
4. Nathan Beaulieu

Murphy, to me is this year's Fowler and might drop and Hamilton might be this year's Gudbranson. I personally would of taken Fowler and I personally would take Murphy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad