Rank These '99 Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Martin St Louis took many opportunities to finally break through which was Patrick's point.

Beech had one opportunity (his full NHL season) and the only got 4 games a year because the Pens management decided he needed to mature in the AHL.
He could have played last year no doubt, but they thought he would mature better in the AHL.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
pavel datsyuk said:
i looked at all the guys on St. Louis. None of them were given chances before St. Louis came calling. Beech has been given plenty of chances on the worst team in the league and still can't crack the line-up.

see my point?
If he's not cracking the lineup, than he ain't getting chances, is he?

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
pavel datsyuk said:
well if he's playing so good in the minor's, why didn't the goal starved pens call him up then?

Could be money reasons on a very tightly budgeted team (ie Same thign with Fleury) and when your doing crappy you might as well do very crappy. In this case they let their young players mature in a "not so losing environment". In a way it is very similar in a business strategy. When you are under the bogey, you might as well bring down losses even further so that next year looks better. In this case, they get a very solid pick (Malik + all others from next rounds) and don't have their young guns exposed to such a terrible year.

I don't think beech should be written off so soon.

tuckerdomi

Dec 4, 2004
Ontario
I thought Pyatt would have been better, I guess hes still young but has had a few years to prove himself. Thought he would be a great power forward, big boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad