Rank these 2004 drafted prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
sevenSteen said:
Actually Belak, Marchment, and Berg aren't in the Leafs future plans, but thanks for coming out :handclap:

Well, too bad for you guys because since your little salary cap problem will prevent you from getting anyone better than those three.

leafaholix*

AH said:
Well, too bad for you guys because since your little salary cap problem will prevent you from getting anyone better than those three.
Berg's a good NHL'er.

Despite what you think... or don't, which seems to be the case.

leafaholix*

AH said:
:lol

If Berg is the reason Coliacocrap was held off the team last year, it doesn't say much for one of your top two prospects...
Komisarek's played what... 40 NHL games? He's a year older than Colaiacovo and plays in an organization that lacks much more depth.

Vic Rattlehead*

Carl O'Steen said:
Komisarek's played what... 40 NHL games? He's a year older than Colaiacovo and plays in an organization that lacks much more depth.
To be honest, living in Montreal, I hear and read about the Habs not wanting to put young players in over veterans most of the time.

leafaholix*

19bruins19 said:
To be honest, living in Montreal, I hear and read about the Habs not wanting to put young players in over veterans most of the time.
... Pat Quinn...

CH Wizard

bobbyorr4ever said:
guys - way off topic - read the 1st post - nothing to do with Habs Vs Leafs...

Exactly.I won't (and I shouldn't :D ) participate in their discussion.

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
Getting back on topic...

I like most of those players listed. I'm really high on Carson. I would have liked him instead of Wyman for our 4th round pick. I think he can develop into a solid dman. He's obviously got the size and I like his play.

Karsums, a really good junior player imo. I don't know how well he'll do in the pros, but he's definelty a great pickup.

I think Wick is a huge suprise to everybody. To produce that well in the WHL after getting only 2 points in the swiss league. That was really a steal. Good size too, I think the Senators really made a nice pickup there. But I have to say, I didn't expect anything like this out of him.

As a Habs fan, the Grabovski pick is really exciting. He lacks size, but he's really producing well in the RSL. Should be ready to come over and play well for Hamilton next year. After that, it will be nice to see how he adapts to the NA style of play.

Vic Rattlehead*

Quiet Robert said:
Karsums, a really good junior player imo. I don't know how well he'll do in the pros, but he's definelty a great pickup.

Some scouts say he will be NHL ready in a year, and that he can do excellent on a third line, or very good on a second line.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
Carl O'Steen said:

Since turning pro in 2002-2003, Komisarek has played 67 NHL games, almost a full season out of two seasons as a pro. The progression has been natural.

Komisarek had to take Quintal's spot to play more, which is what he did and it led to Quintal being dumped. You're going to tell me Colocrap couldn't beat out Marchment or Berg and the departed Kondratiev out of camp to get a semi-regular spot?

As for the one year difference in age between the two, Colocrap has played major junior, Komisarek came out of NCAA. Colocrap should be at least at par in terms of development, regardless of age.

leafaholix*

AH said:
Since turning pro in 2002-2003, Komisarek has played 67 NHL games, almost a full season out of two seasons as a pro. The progression has been natural.

Komisarek had to take Quintal's spot to play more, which is what he did and it led to Quintal being dumped. You're going to tell me Colocrap couldn't beat out Marchment or Berg and the departed Kondratiev out of camp to get a semi-regular spot?

As for the one year difference in age between the two, Colocrap has played major junior, Komisarek came out of NCAA. Colocrap should be at least at par in terms of development, regardless of age.
It's not a matter of beating out Berg or Marchment (who are better than Quintal), it's a matter of maintaining your prospects in a proper manner and not rushing them because they may be better than your #6/7 defenseman.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
Carl O'Steen said:
It's not a matter of beating out Berg or Marchment (who are better than Quintal), it's a matter of maintaining your prospects in a proper manner and not rushing them because they may be better than your #6/7 defenseman.

excuses.

You know when you can't beat out Marchment and Berg, you're in trouble. The Leafs thought so much of Colocrap that they went out and signed a beer leaguer in Johansson as depth.

Like I said, excuses.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Carl O'Steen said:
You yourself said the reason he didn't make the Leafs was because of their depth. Certainly if he was as amazing as you claim he would have made it regardless. Limited time on 5on5 situations with scattered PP time learning in the NHL from pro's certainly has its pro's as opposed to playing alot in the AHL. Joe Thornton played very very sparingly in his first couple seasons, it didn't hurt him. Stop making excuses for him, he just wasn't good enough at the time.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
PepNCheese said:
AH, would you mind shutting the hell up so we can get back on topic?
why? Did you say anything to roll boy when he veered off topic and brought Yemelin into the discussion?

Don Draper

Feb 7, 2003
ottawa
Visit site
I hate to do this, but every argument that is being made Komi can easily be made for Colo as well. I mean, MTL doesnt have anything near the Dcorp that Toronto has, 1-6, is a perennial cup contender, and they play in front of one of the most stubborn, veterans first, coaches in the league. Bringing up Kontratiev(sp) is useless, since everyone knows the reason he was brought up first was because he wouldnt have stayed with the team unless he was with the big club. Same thing happened in Ottawa a few years ago when Spezza was sent down, but some scrub 9th rounder made the team out of camp. Quinn hates playing young players more than he thinks they should, especially on the backend. It could be argued that it was the young players that did them in last year in the playoffs, so it has merit. Saying that playing CHL hockey somehow gives better training than NCAA hockey is beyond me, as NCAA is getting less talent, but continually turns out good prospects, who generally seem more ready for the NHL game. So, basically, Komi should be in the NHL, and Colo doesnt need to be. Two different prospects, two different teams, you can judge their talent by their situations, cause everything that has been said to dismiss Colo has been subpar. I still think both will be solid, but my reasoning for thinking so goes far beyond which jersey each player wears, and what system they came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad