Rank these 2004 drafted prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
GagneOwnsYou said:
It's too bad Carl'O'Steen is so jealous of the Has prospect system. It hampers his objectivity.

Is that your stock response to anybody who doesn't kowtow at the altar of Marcel Hossa and Mike Komisarek?

IdiotsPickedMyName*

I completely agree with Matt.

I think some more size would help prevent some of the injuries and mitigate the fatiguing effect over the season of guys who play like Karsums. thats why i suggested it.

Actually he really reminds me of Peter Schaffer with more scoring talent. Short and thick, a player to watch when your on the ice and displays surprising bursts of speed. Karsums has a bigger offensive upside though i think hes got great puck handling.

Last edited by a moderator:

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
Carl O'Steen said:
Emelin went 84th.
Vorobiev went 157th.

Right ... and its the Habs problem that Vorobiev went to 157th ... There were about 70 selections in between those two by 30 other teams, and you like to focus on the Habs pick Yemelin.

Yemelin wasn't even mentioned in the original list posted by the thread starter ... Talk about obsessed ... You are a complete loser.

Vorobiev was rated as a better prospect prior to the draft and is currently miles ahead of Emelin. All teams make mistakes though, so it's nothing new.

And no one makes more mistakes than your team when it comes to drafting and pissing away draft picks. How ironic you are so vocal when it comes to other teams wasting picks.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Carl O'Steen said:
Emelin went 84th.
Vorobiev went 157th.

Vorobiev was rated as a better prospect prior to the draft and is currently miles ahead of Emelin. All teams make mistakes though, so it's nothing new.

Its ok, everyone screws up.

220 Max Semenov-Toronto
227 Chris Campoli-Islanders

Vorobiev did not have a higher rating, he was 29th. Yemelin was rated 28th.(CCS) Since you like spliting hairs, everyone else can too.

Also, just because one player is further along in development, doesn't mean he will be better in the end.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
PepNCheese said:
Is that your stock response to anybody who doesn't kowtow at the altar of Marcel Hossa and Mike Komisarek?

Just cause the Habs have two prospects miles better than anyone in the Leafs system....

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Carl O'Steen said:
Emelin went 84th.
Vorobiev went 157th.

Cereda-24th overall
Havlat-26th overall

All teams make mistakes though, so it's nothing new.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
andora said:
ding ding... round 71628

:p

i like vorobiev, the more and more i read/hear... seems like he was a good pick.. i'd have wick ahead of him though, mainly b/c i've seen wick play this year a few times and he seems very solid, creative, and disciplined

Ding ding ding.

I have no idea what planet Crosby=Gretzky is on.

For one, he played very well at the WJC's. Also, for him to have come over from Switzerland to a very physical WHL and be the leading rookie scorer by 17 points is an impressive feat. He is ahead of a damn good prospect in Konstatin Puskarev, as well as being 15th overall in league scoring.

I know that stats don't count for much, but that is signifigant.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
pavel datsyuk said:
Its ok, everyone screws up.

220 Max Semenov-Toronto
227 Chris Campoli-Islanders

Vorobiev did not have a higher rating, he was 29th. Yemelin was rated 28th.(CCS) Since you like spliting hairs, everyone else can too.

Also, just because one player is further along in development, doesn't mean he will be better in the end.

So true! I wonder what Carl will come up with as an answer to that... :dunno:

leafaholix*

Yes, all clubs make mistakes. Thank you for confirming my point.

By the way, the Leafs had Campoli in rookie camp in the spring of 2003 and didn't like him enough to offer up a contract. I wouldn't say he's much of a prospect in terms of a future in the NHL, a 3rd pairing guy maybe.

Even then, the Leafs don't need anymore defensemen.

leafaholix*

Also note that Semenov is one of Lada's top 3 defensemen.

So he's not a total loss, a potential #6/7 defensemen in the future... though, it's not like we can't live without him.

CH Wizard

Kvashinator12 said:
Kostitsyn-good prospect
Komisarek 4-6 defenseman
Hainsey-4-6 defensman
Hossa 3rd liner
Locke-Call up from the NHL

What ? Komo has way more potential.Same for Hossa , 3rd liner ? Yeah , right.

And no leafs prospect has the same amount of potential then Kostitsyn.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Kvashinator12 said:
What has Komisarek done, in the AHL or NHL
Hmmm, he's been pretty solid in both leagues, does that count? :innocent:
Komisarek has been more than effective in the 2004 playoffs, no matter how you look at it. He's matured a lot in 2003-04... and his potential, if he reaches it, is definetely more than a "4-6 blueliner".

and Hossa had what 20 good games in the NHL

20 good games on 59 career NHL games ain't bad at all, is it? 20 points over 59 games is pretty respectable too. The guy definetely has top 6 forward potential.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
Carl O'Steen said:
Even then, the Leafs don't need anymore defensemen.

Yes because Colocrap, Harrison, and Bell are living up to their potential.... Busssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst. Ian White is looking like the only decent defense propsect the Leafs have.

Hey but I am sure Belak, Marchment, and Berg can hold the fort while Vorobiev makes his way through the RSL.

Last edited:

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
AH said:
Right ... and its the Habs problem that Vorobiev went to 157th ... There were about 70 selections in between those two by 30 other teams, and you like to focus on the Habs pick Yemelin.

Yemelin wasn't even mentioned in the original list posted by the thread starter ... Talk about obsessed ... You are a complete loser.

You will probably get warned for this but I totally agree.

Carl O'Steen is the biggest 'heel' on HFBoards. I got warned two times already because of him. :lol

leafaholix*

AH said:
Yes because Colocrap, Harrison, and Bell are living up to their potential.... Busssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst. Ian White is looking like the only decent defense propsect the Leafs have.

Hey but I am sure Belak, Marchment, and Berg can hold the fort while makes his way through the RSL.
A Habs fan should never criticise another teams defensive depth.

Ever.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
Carl O'Steen said:
A Habs fan should never criticise another teams defensive depth.

Ever.

A Leafs fan should never criticize another teams prospects base and preach to anyone else about pissing away draft picks.

EVER.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Carl O'Steen said:
By the way, the Leafs had Campoli in rookie camp in the spring of 2003 and didn't like him enough to offer up a contract. I wouldn't say he's much of a prospect in terms of a future in the NHL, a 3rd pairing guy maybe.

But a Leaf prospect, defenseman, with Campoli's stats in juniors and AHL is the next Bobby Orr.

Vic Rattlehead*

Could we stick to the subject and not start another Habs-Leafs flame war? We all know the Bruins defensive prospects are better than both the Habs and Leafs. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad