Martin Karsums
Wes O'Neill
Dustin Boyd
Dmitri Vorobiev
Brett Carson
Julien Ellis-Plante
Roman Wick
M. Grabovsky

ANy comments on these guys much appreciated...

Cheers
Chris
Boyd
Karsums
Ellis-Plante
O'Neill
Vorobiev
Carson
M.Grabovsky
Wick

In fact, any of these could be the biggest steal of the 2004 draft.
(That's just MY opinion)

Last edited:

IdiotsPickedMyName*

I love Martin Karsums but he may have sustained a career ending injury in The Q. He's been out for almost half the season with a leg injury. I'm thinking he may pack it in and head back to europe unfortuanately :(

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
pjbth said:
I love Martin Karsums but he may have sustained a career ending injury in The Q. He's been out for almost half the season with a leg injury. I'm thinking he may pack it in and head back to europe unfortuanately :(

He is supposed to be a back for the PO's. Its only a soft tissue inflammation. Thoose things can get dirty but once they heal you are back in full strength..

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
pjbth said:
Is he playin' well in Moncton. Isn't he on a line with Bernier and Pineault? I love that line.

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
Anyone else know anything more on Karsums injury?

What about O'Neill vs Vorobiev as dmen?- O'neill playin well in NCA while Vorobiev had breakthrough tourney in WJC...played real well...

CH Wizard

Crosby=Gretzky said:
Boyd
Karsums
Ellis-Plante
O'Neill
Vorobiev
Carson
M.Grabovsky
Wick

In fact, any of these could be the biggest steal of the 2004 draft.
(That's just MY opinion)

Grabovsky is leading his team in points.He's like almost in the top 10 in the RSL (he's like one point away from the top 10).Plus , he's the second youngest player on his team.The habs management did a nice pick.

leafaholix*

-
Julien Ellis-Plante
Dimitri Vorobiev
Roman Wick
Dustin Boyd
Wes O'Neill
Martin Karsums
Brett Carson
M. Grabovsky
-

Plante is doing great, he's also a goalie.
Vorobiev had a great WJC and is very good in the Russian Super League
Wick, I love.
Boyd is a good WHL player, much improved.
O'Neill is having a good NCAA season, still a risky prospect.
Karsums numbers are on pace for similar production as last year.
Carson is having a good WHL season.
Grabovsky's having a good season in Russia, but is a very earl 1984 and lacks size.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Carl O'Steen said:
-
Julien Ellis-Plante
Dimitri Vorobiev
Roman Wick
Dustin Boyd
Wes O'Neill
Martin Karsums
Brett Carson
M. Grabovsky
-

Plante is doing great, he's also a goalie.
Vorobiev had a great WJC and is very good in the Russian Super League
Wick, I love.
Boyd is a good WHL player, much improved.
O'Neill is having a good NCAA season, still a risky prospect.
Karsums numbers are on pace for similar production as last year.
Carson is having a good WHL season.
Grabovsky's having a good season in Russia, but is a very earl 1984 and lacks size.

With King Robbie Earl on top of all of them, I suppose.

leafaholix*

markov` said:
With King Robbie Earl on top of all of them, I suppose.
What's wrong with my rankings?

Vorobiev is good, though I'm sure you don't want to admit it since your scouts messed up with Emelin.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
bobbyorr4ever said:
Anyone else know anything more on Karsums injury?

What about O'Neill vs Vorobiev as dmen?- O'neill playin well in NCA while Vorobiev had breakthrough tourney in WJC...played real well...

I spoke with Karsums on the 8th and he said he was going tobe out for at least a week more from that date. Some Wildcat fans on their boards are getting all twisted up because he wasn't playing three days after that and was limping a bit.

There is absolutely nothing to indicate that his career may be over, and i know pjbth was just bringing that over from the Cats boards. It is concerning that the soft tissue damage has taken this long to heal, but I would agree that he likely will be back for the first playoff game on March 25.

When healthy, Karsums has been great. His offensive numbers have been solid, but a little lower than they should be, but its his total package that makes Karsums so valuable. He's a small freight train on skates. If he can stay healthy he's an NHLer.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
ding ding... round 71628

:p

i like vorobiev, the more and more i read/hear... seems like he was a good pick.. i'd have wick ahead of him though, mainly b/c i've seen wick play this year a few times and he seems very solid, creative, and disciplined

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
Let's keep this thread on track guys & not start a war of words on various teams prospects past or present...

Karsums "freight train on skates"...I'm intrigued by that comment - I thought he was mostly offenseive player...so he's that physical? Gitta luv the Bruins scouting staff for Bergeron yr before...

WOuld also like comments on the guys I've mentioned in original post...

For instance:
Would Julien Ellis -Plante project to be a #1 goalie - obviously speculation only...
Would u see Vorobiev or O'Neill as top or 2nd pairing dmen? ...and so on...

Keep the opinions coming guys...

Cheers

IdiotsPickedMyName*

Yeah sorry guys i had just finished reading a post on a Cat's fan board where a certain poster was being Pejorative Slured. My post was meant with a lot more sarcasam than it conveyed i apologize.

Karsums is going to make the big show. He seems to have the drive and determination and the skill for sure. Despite being a small guy he plays as physically as any other player on the Wildcats. I myself picked him up in my keeper league and think he was a great steal when i took him.

leafaholix*

andora said:
ding ding... round 71628

:p

i like vorobiev, the more and more i read/hear... seems like he was a good pick.. i'd have wick ahead of him though, mainly b/c i've seen wick play this year a few times and he seems very solid, creative, and disciplined
Yeah, I think the top 3 (Ellis-Plante, Vorobiev, and Wick) are pretty interchangeable. Though, I'd have E-P as the top guy because he's a good goalie.

leafaholix*

RickyF said:
How did they messed up please ?
Emelin went 84th.
Vorobiev went 157th.

Vorobiev was rated as a better prospect prior to the draft and is currently miles ahead of Emelin. All teams make mistakes though, so it's nothing new.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
who here seriously saw grabbovsky play ? and remember him clearly !
I dont think a lot of people saw him and that includes me ...
so I would take all rankings with a grain of salt ...
nobody know not even Leafaolix and his pasion for the habs(feel the sarcasm) what the future will bring us !

leafaholix*

Kryoptix said:
who here seriously saw grabbovsky play ? and remember him clearly !
I dont think a lot of people saw him and that includes me ...
so I would take all rankings with a grain of salt ...
nobody know not even Leafaolix and his pasion for the habs(feel the sarcasm) what the future will bring us !
I see.

Then let's shut down Hockey'sFuture.com altogether.

leafaholix*

Kryoptix said:
you could start your own website !
just call it
leafsarethefuture.com !
lol.

You know, our profiles are kind of related. Mike Komisarek's ancestors were from Poland.

IdiotsPickedMyName*

bobbyorr4ever said:
Karsums "freight train on skates"...I'm intrigued by that comment - I thought he was mostly offenseive player...so he's that physical?

Ive dubbed him the "Latvian Landcaster". Being short and wide across the shoulders he's a very effective open ice hitter. If he plans to play this way in the NHL though hes going to need to add some more size to be really effective.

Vic Rattlehead*

Wow, Carl O'Steen, you don't seem to like Karsums. He is much better than Wick and Vorobiev, yet you have hime below those two. :shakehead

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Just to add to what pjbth said, Karsums DOES have the offensive skill, but he is FAR from the typical short European forward stereotype. He's been hurt a lot of the season, but I probably saw him 15-20 times between TV and live games (actually, maybe more), and I'd say I could count the games on one hand where he DIDN'T absolutely destroy somebody with an open ice hit. He finishes his checks when forechecking most of the time, but its the fact that everybody in the neutral zone really needs to keep his head on a swivel when Karsums is on the ice. He makes good, solid, non-charge hits in the neutral zone, almost always on guys a heck of a lot bigger than him.

He's a great guy on the PK as well, because he's got both quickness (short bursts, good on his skates) and open ice speed. He seems to be able to anticipate the cross pass between D well, and has scored a number of times SH by picking off that pass and scoring on the breakaway.

The thing with Karsums is his health. He's been hurt a heck of a lot this year, and that's the big concern with him. He sort of plays a style that may make him be hurt a lot. Sort of a guy like Alexandre Picard (F, Columbus) in my opinion. Someone who could be a real solid, character, NHL guy, be defensive and score, good 2-way forward, if only he can avoid the injury bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->