Krueger
MacT (Nelsons babysitter)
Quinn
Eakins

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Hating Eakins was one of the bright spots in the decade of darkness imo.

Better memes. And just general acceptance of the hopelessness and failure of all that is life.

Nothing to lose. Nothing to be disappointed about. Just a bystander watching a train wreck.

Reactions: McOilers97

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Tippett
Renney
Hitchcock
Ralph
Nelson
McLellan
Quinn
Eakins

McLellan so low because of his lack of line matching and using the team/player strengths to best benefit the team.

Reactions: Oil53

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
MacT insisting on baby sitting him was pretty cringe

How else would he have discovered that the root of all the teams problems with that evil (later cup champ) David Perron though? :)

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Eakins #1 because he helped us get McDavid
giphy.gif

Reactions: Cloned

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
I just don’t think he was here long enough. I think he’s probably better than quite a few on the list but he’s ultimately an unknown.

With those 51 games he coached for us, a number of our players progressed. Guys like Yakupov, Lander, Derek Roy all stepped up and contributed.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
1.Tippett
2.McLellan
3. Nelson
4.Renney

Shit.Hitchcock
Shittier.Krueger
Shittiest. Quinn (RIP)
Infinite Shit. Eakins

By far the worst coach -
Always thought he was the Smartest Shit in the Room. Hired Infinite Shit. Fired Shittier via Skype. Thought Nelson (who was a better coach than him) needed training wheels as oogba said. MacTavish is by far the worst thing that happened to the Oilers other than Kevin Lowe being in a position of power for 15 years. Rode Pisani and Roloson and Pronger who was the best defenceman in the league - and any idiot can coach a trap come playoff time.

I wouldn’t so quick to trash Hitchcock. He played a huge role in helping Leon take the next step- I’ve heard Leon comment on it as well

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
8. Eakins -- Literally the f***ing antichrist. I still don't understand why the media wasn't laughing at our team before Eakins' first game. His whole platform as a coach was based around team fitness. That's great. Might have worked in the 70's. The closest thing this bum had to an on ice strategy was to have literally everyone jump in front of the net when the puck was scrambling around the blue paint. Looked like they gave the director of Police Academy the coaching position. After leaving the Oilers, nobody he coached had become a better player than they were before. Complete f***ing disgrace.
Maybe you're being too hard on big-D.

This season, his club had the worst power-play in the history of the NHL.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
MacT insisting on baby sitting him was pretty cringe
Mact was a decent coach
I believe Mact was a puppet

Not one of these coaches would keep lines consistent. Drives me nuts. Closest I've seen is Puljujarvi on McDavids wing.
Example prior to last playoffs we were one of the tops in the league then for playoffs changed it all around.

Woodcroft should be our next coach.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Did a similar thread on the Sens board a year or so ago

Wondering how you would rank the guys who have come through here since 09?

My own list from best to worst

1.Tippett
2.McLellan
3.Renney
4.Hitchcock
5.Krueger
6.Nelson
6.Quinn (RIP)
7. Eakins

Tippet
McLellan
Nelson
Renney
Kreuger
Quinn
Hitchcock

No one
A watter bottle

Halls old sour towel

Eakins

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Guess we'll see if Tippy can coach his way out of the first round like McLellan, the coach who 'just ran lines'

I'm thinking he's hoping Schmitty carries the team to the Conference finals like he did with the Yotes in 2012

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
1. Tippett
2. McLellan
3. Renney
4. Krueger
5. Nelson
6. Hitchcock
7. Quinn
8. Eakins

Ad

Upcoming events