Rank the MCU Heroes

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I just thought that with Civil War it could be kind of fun to do this but might get lost in the MCU general thread or the CW thread. And we've got plenty of material to work with. I am including Guardians of the Galaxy heroes as well. You can do all of them or just a top 5 or 10. Doesn't really matter. I just had this discussion with a friend and thought might be fun. And this is based on how much you like them not on how powerful you think they are.

(For my list I'm not including the characters from the TV MCU like Peggy Carter, Jessica Jones, or Daredevil. But you guys can)

Iron Man/Tony Stark
Captain America
MCU Spider-Man
Black Panther
Star Lord
Falcon
Scarlet Witch
Hulk/Bruce Banner
Groot
Ant-Man
Hawkeye
Drax
Black Widow
Rocket Raccoon
Thor (personally I think he's the most boring main Avenger, but he can still wreck so...meh)
War Machine
Vision
Gamorra

I think that's everyone that's appeared so far.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
1. Captain America
2. Spider-Man (he'll be #1 once his movie is out)
3. Winter Soldier
4. Black Panther
5. Thor
5. Hulk
6. Ant-Man
7. Iron Man
8. Falcon
9. Scarlet Witch
10. Vision
Last. Bruce Banner

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This is how I have them, based upon how much I have enjoyed the characters so far. Also I am going to include Daredevil and Jessica Jones in my list.

1. Groot
2. Cap
3. Daredevil
4. Thor
5. Ant-Man
6. Scarlet Witch
7. Spider-Man(Probably gonna climb after his own movie)
8. Drax
9. StarLord
10. Hawk Eye
11. Black Panther(See Spidey, will almost definitely rise once he gets his own film)
12. Black Widow
13. Jessica Jones
14. Hulk
15. Rocket
16. Iron Man
17. Falcon
18. Vision
19. War Machine
20. Gamorra

That's how I see it. Gamorra was the least interesting of all Marvel characters so far for me. On the flip side, I think Groot was absolutely fantastic and incredibly well done despite having the one line. Spider-Man and Black Panther are bound to rise as I thought they were great in Civil War but not enough of them yet to rank higher. I personally just dislike Stark, not sure what it is about him but he's low on my list for me.

Really interested in seeing where Stephen Strange falls into this. Obviously a big factor in this is also based on the actors playing the characters and what they bring to the table. I am a huge fan of Benedict Cumberbatch so I think Dr. Strange has the potential to go quite high on my list.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
Aren't the X-Men movies in the MCU? Not really a hero, that Fassbender's Magneto impresses the most out of all these guys.

Nope, the X-men are their own universe (which Deadpool is also in). Fox also owns the Fantastic Four and could include them in with the X-men but their continual failure to get that franchise off the ground has prevented any plans to integrate them.

Frankly, I think this is for the best. The mutants are big enough to be their own thing and don't integrate that well with the rest of Marvel. They have their own mythos and cosmology and their big stories don't work as well if there is a separate population of super people who could interfere. The Fantastic Four though would be a benefit to Marvel, if not for themselves then because a large number of the Marvel villians that make sense as Avengers adversaries are bundled with the FF (Doctor Doom, Galactus, Skrulls, Kang etc.)

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Nope, the X-men are their own universe (which Deadpool is also in). Fox also owns the Fantastic Four and could include them in with the X-men but their continual failure to get that franchise off the ground has prevented any plans to integrate them.

Frankly, I think this is for the best. The mutants are big enough to be their own thing and don't integrate that well with the rest of Marvel. They have their own mythos and cosmology and their big stories don't work as well if there is a separate population of super people who could interfere. The Fantastic Four though would be a benefit to Marvel, if not for themselves then because a large number of the Marvel villians that make sense as Avengers adversaries are bundled with the FF (Doctor Doom, Galactus, Skrulls, Kang etc.)

I disagree. Half of the Avengers stories can't be done without mutants and vice versa. Otherwise you just get movies that have only the name in common with the comics (already dread Apocalypse for thar reason). Bad enough to see Wanda and Pietro without ties to Magneto.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Could have sworn I heard Wolverine shows up in one of the Avengers comics.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Based off the Marvel comics universe, I remember reading the following five most fondly...

Spiderman
X-Men
Captain America
Hulk
Iron Man

Based off the movies, I've liked the Captain America series far more than any others.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
Could have sworn I heard Wolverine shows up in one of the Avengers comics.

Wolverine becoming uber popular in the 90s lead him to being on pretty much every team, regardless of whether that made sense. He got incredibly overexposed as a result.

Wolverine is an Avenger when he appeared in the New Avengers comic.

Based on that, he should be able to appear in Marvel Avengers movie just like Quicksilver.

That's not how the properties work. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were a rare exception that got divided as they were primarily associated with both the Avengers and X-men but Wolverine would fall entirely under Fox's ownership.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad