Rank the Leafs D

Where does the Leafs D rank amongst NHL Teams

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Morgan Rielly is without a doubt the most overrated Leaf, Marner making a strong run so far, that said he's great offensively and average defensively, the Norris talk was way out of hand last season, I never once thought we looked like a team with a Norris candidate on it. Having said that, Muzzin is quite good defensively, and for all the flack Barrie gets he's miles better than Gardiner defensively, so long as you count holding the blue line and transition as defense, as you should.

Give them time, they've been disappointing but I'm sure it will be a well above average group.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
They over estimated what losing hainsey and Gardiner would do.

Zaitsev can be a bonehead but even he had some value.

Harry Potter Just loves getting the big name, trading 6 players to reach twenty goals (not too mention two who hit thirty in that six) in the past year alone and then those three dmen too, he only grit he had in Kadri who also had a cap friendly contract to a cap riddled team. Also the leadership from Marleau and hainsey is lost. He also got rid of Mc in net, and a couple of good Marlie dmen. All to surround himself with four guys who make like forty million and haven’t made it past round one. It’s quite the recipe for success, no backup, no depth.

As for the D, they always leave Freddy out to dry so I just don’t know if it’s better then last year.

I said all summer they took a step back, it’s way too early to say I’m accurate with that it was a far and out there prediction by me but I just think with the Babcock dubas thing, the lack of depth (from what it once was) the team talks about spezza like he’s still the old spezza. It’s more of a bold prediction then people picking underfeatd teams right now to be surprise teams or everyone picking Colorado to be a cup favourite or Mackinnon hart, or Vancouver as a surprise team. Everyone said those things. I at least am going out on a limb lol

I think the d is definitely a problem and dunas will use Babcock as a scapegoat this year. But that’s probably a good thing because while Dunas shredded his depth due to the we can and we will comment he’s still worlds of better person then first round knockout mike.

This post is all sorts of wrong, you think Gardiner, Zaitsev and Hainsey would help?? Gardiner was hot trash according to people like you when he was here but now they messed up letting him go? LMAO even with all their cap tied up with Matthews, Tavares, Marner and Nylander, their team is still deeper than the Sabres. Our 3C is better than your 2C and we don't rely on a backup goalie or 6 dmen that don't know how to defend. Freddy has been bad to start and their top guys are off to a slow start. Doesn't change the fact that they have an elite team. Come back to me in March when the Leafs are getting ready for the playoffs and Sabres fans are looking up on the top prospects for this years draft after another bottom 10 finish.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Are we ranking the 6 defencemen at how good they are at hockey or how good they are defensively? Because they're possibly bottom 5 in the latter, but as a group they're maybe 10-15 overall because Rielly and Barrie are amazing offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->