Rank the Goalies

Seventeen Twos

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
Hey all, drafting in my yahoo league tonight (one year). I always like to draft goaltending super early, and have been very successful with this in the past.

This year is tricky though because of all the darn tandems. Can I get some help ranking my goalies? Here's what I've got:

1. Lund
2. Quick
3. Rask
_____
4. Anderson
5. Niemi
6. Rinne
7. Howard
_____
8. Bobs
9. Luo
10. Price
11. Crawford
_____
12. Backstrom
13. Holtby

beyond here is a crapshoot IMO.

PS

How secure do you think Hiller is as #1?

Cappy

belgians do it best
Oct 30, 2007
Boston/NYC/Portland
I'd put Rask ahead of Quick and Bobby Lou ahead of Bobrovsky but other than that looks pretty good, i don't see any glaring omissions. I usually try to get 2 good goalies and then a 3rd in the middle rounds but the draft I did last night landed me Quick,Howard,Bobby Lou w/ 3 of my first 4 picks and I think the team looks decent.

Seventeen Twos

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
Thanks.. that sounds about right. drafting 9th/12 in 30mins. Hoping to get one of my top 3 in the first round. Seems likely.

2nd rd will be more of a judgement call.

Seventeen Twos

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
so.. by the 9 spot all of rask, lund and quick were gone. took kane and waited for the wheel.

on the way back i got howard (2nd)

internet disconnected on me and autodrafted kopitar in the 3rd. could have done worse but I was pretty pissed.

Then got mike smith in the 4th.

And much later took a flyer (pun) on emery in the 13th

Overall I am a little upset with the goaltending but I should be OK. not lights out though like last year. But the overall team depth is excellent with great defense: pietrangelo, green, kronwall, seabrook.

So I should make some noise, but def. not as confident as I was last year. Thanks for the tips

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->