Prospect Info: Rank the draft prospects - Who is your SEVENTH choice for the Devils pick at #7

Who is your SEVENTH choice for the Devils pick at #7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
1Alexis LafreniereRimouski (QMJHL)
2Quinton ByfieldSudbury (OHL)
3Tim StutzleMannheim (DNL U20)
4Jamie DrysdaleErie (OHL)
5Jake Sanderson USA U-18 (NTDP)
6Marco RossiOttawa (OHL)
7Lucas RaymondFrölunda (SuperElit)
8Cole PerfettiSaginaw (OHL)
9Alexander HoltzDjurgardens (SUPERELIT)
[TBODY]

[/TBODY]

Just 2 more days till the draft!

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Quinn, and then that's it, if any of the remaining players on this list at #7 I'll be really pissed.

Well... Imagine if Winnipeg offered us something nice to trade from 7 to 10. Like next year's 1st. Not that it's realistic, but stranger things have happened.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
I am of the feeling that if you like a player enough you shouldn't trade back to take them and risk another team snagging him. But, if you are REALLY confident that your player is going to be there, like for example, if it goes Perfetti-Sanderson-Drysdale, I could see a string next of, if a team trades up, Lundell, Rossi, Raymond/Holtz, leaving Quinn and Raymond/Holtz there at 10. If we could possibly get another 2nd this year around 39-40, where we could snag a guy like Robins, O'Rourke, or some unexpected 1st round faller, I might have to pull the trigger on something like that. Imagine walking away with Raymond/Quinn, Amirov, Reichel, and O'Rourke in the first two rounds. Holy shit. Obviously there are other players to pick but like just thinking about the quality of players we could walk away with after than kind of trade is quite amazing for us.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I am of the feeling that if you like a player enough you shouldn't trade back to take them and risk another team snagging him. But, if you are REALLY confident that your player is going to be there, like for example, if it goes Perfetti-Sanderson-Drysdale, I could see a string next of, if a team trades up, Lundell, Rossi, Raymond/Holtz, leaving Quinn and Raymond/Holtz there at 10. If we could possibly get another 2nd this year around 39-40, where we could snag a guy like Robins, O'Rourke, or some unexpected 1st round faller, I might have to pull the trigger on something like that. Imagine walking away with Raymond/Quinn, Amirov, Reichel, and O'Rourke in the first two rounds. Holy shit. Obviously there are other players to pick but like just thinking about the quality of players we could walk away with after than kind of trade is quite amazing for us.

I guess for me, I'm a strong believer in tiers. If you have Holtz, Perfetti and Quinn ranked evenly, or you're splitting hairs over which one you think is better, then it's fine to trade down or draft for need. I mean, those hairs you're splitting are probably overshadowed by the possibility of picking up a good player with the draft capital you pick up for trading down.

Reactions: RememberTheName

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Well... Imagine if Winnipeg offered us something nice to trade from 7 to 10. Like next year's 1st. Not that it's realistic, but stranger things have happened.
Then we wouldn't be picking them 7th, we'd be picking them 10th.

Picking Jarvis #10 is justifiable, I mean I wouldn't do it but it's justifiable, but picking Jarvis at #7 is not justifiable given the glut of obviously superior players that will still be on the board. It would be pretty egregious to take him over Rossi, Drysdale, Sanderson, Raymond, or Holtz, at least two of which are guaranteed to be available at our pick.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Then we wouldn't be picking them 7th, we'd be picking them 10th.

Picking Jarvis #10 is justifiable, I mean I wouldn't do it but it's justifiable, but picking Jarvis at #7 is not justifiable given the glut of obviously superior players that will still be on the board. It would be pretty egregious to take him over Rossi, Drysdale, Sanderson, Raymond, or Holtz, at least two of which are guaranteed to be available at our pick.
I would not phrase that as “obviously superior players” but yes, Jarvis will presumably last longer.

Teams can’t just trade down at will. Yzerman tried to trade down to take Seider later than 6th and couldn’t get a deal done.

Reactions: RememberTheName
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad