Rank the Devils defense (#3) Part 2

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Zid.

We probably won't have him next year so I'm sad.:(

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wish there was a way to get rid of Tallinder, and Volchenkov and re sign Zidlicky. It would dump a lot of salary, we've needed a Zidlicky type player for years now, and it gives Gelinas or Urbom a chance to come up. I know you all love Tallinder, but I feel he's super expendable. Volchenkov's contract just sucks. He brings no offense, and is signed for more than Zidlicky a year. We have too many one sides defensive defensemen, and last year our defense was outscored by the Isles defenseman.:help:

Need more PMD's!

Okay just kidding about that last part!:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Zidlicky is going to be 36 when he becomes a UFA. I'm fine with him walking.

To me it won't be a significant blow if he leaves. I'd just prefer him to Tallinder, and Volchenkov. On a one year contract, and for $2.5 million. Aside from Larsson who's still a novice, and maybe Greene if he can be more offensive like he was a couple years back, we don't have much offense on the blue line. If our D could score more than 16 goals in a full season I think we'd actually make up for a significant amount of lost scoring. We definitely had one of the lowest scoring defense in the league last year.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I think the deficiencies in Zid's defensive game are overblown. He may commit to a big hit more times (which lead to blown coverage) than I like, but he isn't afraid to give the business to a guy in front of the net and doesn't chase in the defensive zone nearly as much as Hank does.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Zidlicky brought an element to our defence that we had not had in a while, a defenceman who was willing to go roaming in the offensive zone once in a while in order to create chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad