Rank the Canadian teams going forward

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
If Montreal is one of the worst teams in Canada going forward with their prospect class then the future of hockey in Canada is exceptional.
exactly more just stupid hate in thread.
they finally have their C depth figured out with domi, kotkaniemi, danault and maybe poehling...(for the 1st time in 20 years)
they have some very good D coming up in romanov and brook + mete and juulsen..
they have suzuki-
but now the trolls are out talking about carey price's age. it's always something for the haters. Let me guess, primeau will bust too right?
whatever they lack in superstars, they make up with depth that can match any canadian team. They scored more goals this year than in last decade and were great 5 on 5.
they had 12 guys who scored 10 or more goals.
They may have a 25 point improvement and finish 3 behind the mighty leafs.
do they have holes? yes.
but they have money for UFA's if they choose to sign in Mtl and are trending up as a team

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
not talking "on paper" but I can bet with you that Mtl will have more points or will go further in Series than Calgary.

and please, Calgary has ZERO prospects center depth nor Goalie depth. They trade well, they dont draft well.
They are a bubble team this year, they will fall off.

Calgary drafting is terrible, you do well with D but Winger, center, and Goalie outside the top 10 were not good pick (Gaudreau was a steal)

Well... uh... this is awkward

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Calgary
Winnipeg
Vancouver
Edmonton
Montreal
Toronto
Ottawa

Dubas will ruin Leafs in next two years. They will become next Florida Panthers who have some really good players, but zero depth.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
At least the Jets did not blow their load in the regular season.

Bring on St Louis.
Yes the Jets have really paced themselves very well during the regular season... particularly in the last two months of March and April with 9 wins and 9 losses. Smart thinking on their part. No sense wasting energy on meaningless games. :sarcasm:

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Yes the Jets have really paced themselves very well during the regular season... particularly in the last two months of March and April with 9 wins and 9 losses. Smart thinking on their part. No sense wasting energy on meaningless games. :sarcasm:
More Fortnite time.....

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Toronto
Winnipeg
Calgary
Vancouver
Montreal
Edmonton
Ottawa

Toronto is still looking the most set up going forward. Calgary has question marks at D and in net with Smith and Gio aging. Winnipeg has a couple of older core guys as well. Vancouver has a great young core as well... Montreal may be stuck in no mans land. Edmonton needs to get out of cap hell and Ottawa... i'll leave them alone.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Winnipeg, Calgary and Toronto are the cream of Canada with Montreal and the Oil as could make it in any year types. The Vancouver hype is cute but of course insane. EP is great but Vancouver has a long way to go before being in this conversation.

Giving Winnpeg #1 because of last years playoff run but whoever goes furthest this year will set the new ranks. If you aren't in the playoffs you are not in the top 3.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Toronto vs Boston is by far the most interesting series this year. If the Leafs can win it that pretty much cements top status for them. I don't think there's a team of Boston's caliber in the west...

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Toronto
Winnipeg
Calgary
Vancouver
Montreal
Edmonton
Ottawa

Toronto is still looking the most set up going forward. Calgary has question marks at D and in net with Smith and Gio aging. Winnipeg has a couple of older core guys as well. Vancouver has a great young core as well... Montreal may be stuck in no mans land. Edmonton needs to get out of cap hell and Ottawa... i'll leave them alone.
montreal in no man's land. good take. and the leafs if they don't address their D issues? what 'land' are they in?

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
montreal in no man's land. good take. and the leafs if they don't address their D issues? what 'land' are they in?

Leafs have D coming in their system and its funny that nobody ever seems to mention it, two 1st round pick defenders in Liljegren(2017) and Sandin(2018) who looked fantastic together during the pre-season, Sandin IMO will be the next to graduate and will really improve the Leafs blue line.

I take if you're a Habs fan, like it or not Leafs are in a much better position than mtl for long term sustained success. Montreal is still laughable at C.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Winnipeg, Calgary and Toronto are the cream of Canada with Montreal and the Oil as could make it in any year types. The Vancouver hype is cute but of course insane. EP is great but Vancouver has a long way to go before being in this conversation.

Giving Winnpeg #1 because of last years playoff run but whoever goes furthest this year will set the new ranks. If you aren't in the playoffs you are not in the top 3.
I dont know I could see Vancouver making it next year like the leafs did a couple years ago. EP, horvat, boeser and quinn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad