Votes: 5 26.3%
  • 22-32

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
It’s been said that the Boston Bruins have the best goaltending tandem in the National Hockey League. You will not get much of an argument from me there. It’s also been said that the Bruins prospect pool is one of the most lacking in high end talent. Again, you won’t get much of an argument from me there.

Here’s the challenge for you today:

Find me a deeper or better goaltending prospect pool among the other 31 NHL teams. I’m not talking about Jesper Wallstedt or Dustin Wolf or Yaroslav Askarov. No, this isn’t about the best prospect, but the team’s entire goaltending prospect pool.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I believe it would be very difficult to prove this out.

I would say its to bad goalie prospect don't hold much trade value. Looks like we have a logjam of kids that can make it to the show.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Great article Dom. Just to add my $0.02. I have been debating posting a case for why I think Bob Essensa should be considered for the Jack Adams trophy. As long as we have our secret weapon in the greatest goaltender coach in the league. I think we will always have a top-10 goaltending prospect pool. Every goalie that has played for this team at some point since Bob has joined has attributed their success to his work. At one point I think Rask even mentioned Bob as being his favourite player.

Thomas, Rask, Auld, Swayman, Halak, Khudobin, Svedberg, Gustavsson, Johnson, Fernandez have all played statistically significant minutes under Bob and put up better than league average save % and GAA. That track record of success is hard to beat.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Great article Dom. Just to add my $0.02. I have been debating posting a case for why I think Bob Essensa should be considered for the Jack Adams trophy. As long as we have our secret weapon in the greatest goaltender coach in the league. I think we will always have a top-10 goaltending prospect pool. Every goalie that has played for this team at some point since Bob has joined has attributed their success to his work. At one point I think Rask even mentioned Bob as being his favourite player.

Thomas, Rask, Auld, Swayman, Halak, Khudobin, Svedberg, Gustavsson, Johnson, Fernandez have all played statistically significant minutes under Bob and put up better than league average save % and GAA. That track record of success is hard to beat.

This is actually a really good side question - why should the Jack adams be restricted to head coach only - or is it?

Reactions: ap3lovr

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
This is actually a really good side question - why should the Jack adams be restricted to head coach only - or is it?
The NHL site uses the following terminology

"The Jack Adams Award is an annual award presented by the NHL Broadcasters' Association to "the NHL coach adjudged to have contributed the most to his team's success." The winner is determined by a poll among the association's members at the end of the regular season"

Outside of the unfortunate use of the pronoun "his" being used, I don't see any reason why someone couldn't vote for an assistant coach under that definition. Mind you I am sure there are more rules around this than I can find after a quick Google search.

Reactions: NeelyDan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad