Barkov
Eichel
Laine
Landeskog
Reinhart
Svechnikov
Patrick
Murray

Wouldn't have an issue if someone put Barkov at the top, but I think Seguin has the edge right now.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
For me, it's:

Seguin
Barkov
Eichel
Laine
Landeskog
Reinhart
Svechnikov
Patrick
Murray

Similar although I’d have Barkov above Seguin and Landeskog above Laine. Also think I’d have Svechnikov above Reinhart but that one is very close

In a few years I think Eichel will be the best

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Hedman
Barkov
Eichel
Seguin
Landeskog
Laine
Reinhart
Svechnikov
Murray
Patrick

Laine can definitely move up if he rebounds next season. Svechnikov will likely move up as more time goes on too.

Murray gets lost in the shuffle I feel like because of his injury problems. When he's healthy, he is fantastic especially this year when the Jackets really got hurt when he was out of the line-up.

Reactions: The Missing Piece

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Not this decade. Are we talking ‘09-‘18? If so...

Eichel
Barkov
Hedman
Seguin
Landeskog
Laine
Svechnikov
Reinhart
Murray
Patrick

I'm not sold on the idea that Eichel will prove to be better than Hedman. I guess we'll see. I'd personally take Hedman over all these guys, and if I was to take someone over him, it would be Barkov.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Eichel
Hedman
Seguin
Barkov
Svechnikov
Landeskog
Reinhart
Murray
Patrick
Laine

You think Laine's been the worst 2nd overall pick of the past decade?

I know I make fun of his fans and their 60+ goal projections every single season, but the guy's been a legitimate top line sniper every season. I don't see how he's worse than guys who haven't even come close to his level of success.

Reactions: MoreMorrissey

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
OP said ignoring their nhl career so far, so based on hype alone??
1. Eichel
2. Hedman
3. Seguin
4. Laine
5. Barkov (he wasn't even the consensus number 2 at the time, he was projected to be a good 1st line center)
6. Svechnikov
7. Landeskog
8. Patrick
9. Reinhart
10. Murray

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Feel like Seguin is being underrated.

Hedman - The only one on the list considered perennial top player in his position.
Seguin - Decade of PPG player
Eichel - Room to move up to Hedman level.
Barkov - Room to move ahead of Seguin. Break out season. Could flip him and Eichel at the moment but Eichel has shown similar potential at a younger age.
Landeskog - Don't see him surpassing any of the guys above him by careers end.
Murray - Top 4 established. Injury prone.
Laine - Shown to be a 40 goal threat before.
Reinhart - Coming around, could move up past Landeskog in a season or two if he starts topping out as a legit top line 70-80 point. Similar career trajectory as Landeskog so far, with less of the "intangibles"
Svechnikov - First full season, lots of promise but wouldn't put him ahead of the likes of guys like Laine and Reinhart who've already established a higher floor than wheren Svechnikov is at current development. Could see him surpassing Murray if he develops well.
Patrick - Injuries have held him back. Could become a Barkov/Landeskog level player if he gets healthy and develops into what was expected.

Reactions: SensontheRush

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
OP said ignoring their nhl career so far, so based on hype alone??
1. Eichel
2. Hedman
3. Seguin
4. Laine
5. Barkov (he wasn't even the consensus number 2 at the time, he was projected to be a good 1st line center)
6. Svechnikov
7. Landeskog
8. Patrick
9. Reinhart
10. Murray

I would agree based on the hype. Your 1-3 were all hyped as possible #1s (well not Eichel because of McDavid, but he was still super hyped).

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
So, based solely on pre-draft hype?

1. Eichel -- everyone and their mother said he would go 1st in any draft between Crosby and McDavid
2. Hedman
3. Barkov -- monster numbers in his draft year, but he was fighting with Jones and Drouin for the #2 ranking
4. Seguin -- was legitimately in play for #1OA his draft year, but it wasn't as strong a draft as some of the others
5. Laine
6. Svechnikov
7. Landeskog
8. Patrick
9. Reinhart -- pretty weak top-end of the draft, and Bennett and Draisaitl were also in play at #2
10. Murray -- such a weak top-end in that draft

Yamborghini

Nov 16, 2016
Hamilton, Ontario
I understand Panthers games aren't exactly must-see TV, but nobody who watches Barkov consistently would put him lower than second.

For me it's
Barkov
Hedman
Seguin
Eichel
Laine
Landeskog
Svechnikov
Patrick
Reinhart
Murray

I could see Eichel or Laine moving up though for sure. Hell, anyone on this list is still young enough to be the best player by the end of their careers.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad