RAnk: Ruzicka -Flyers, Zakharov - Blues, Redenbach - Coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
Rank these three prospects with their overall NHL potential and NHL scoring potential. Who do you like and why? I know there are many other prospects, but these 3 are on my board for a draft (with others already gone).

Dancing Chicken

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Redenbach is a mini Langkow too bad his mentoor is now gone.. Even has the same WHL stats, skates well hard to get off the puck and great hockey sence..

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Ruzicka is slightly short, but built like a tank and is very strong on the puck. He has a good shot, throws the body and is developing into a good offensive player. Needs to work on his stickhandling and offensive awareness.

FlyHigh

Jan 16, 2004
I don't know about the other two guys, but Ruzicka had a great rookie season in the OHL and I think we can look for that success to continue at the professional levels.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
As a Coyotes fan, I have big hopes for Redenbach. I think he can be a lot like Langkow.

As for Zakharov and Ruzicka, I'm not too elated with either. Personally, I'd take Ruzicka at this point.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
PhoPhan said:
As a Coyotes fan, I have big hopes for Redenbach. I think he can be a lot like Langkow.

As for Zakharov and Ruzicka, I'm not too elated with either. Personally, I'd take Ruzicka at this point.

Have you ever seen the other two? If not, then it would be hard to comment, I would think.

Blues fans have high hopes for Zakharov. He had a very solid rookie season w/ Moncton, despite moving from Center to wing. He had an excellent WJR tourney last year and really made a name for himself (granted his team was on the second tier.. and played against weaker competition).

He has good size, is a smooth skater, and he is solid defensively and can also put up points. He didn't take too long to adapt to the NA style of game, but in Feb., his stats slowed as he went into a slump for about a month. Many make a big deal about his more popular line mate, but Zak has really come out of his shadow here in the NA.

This next year he will be playing in Wochster (sorry always mispell it) w/ the Icecats in the AHL as a 19 year old. Us fans will be following him as he progressed against bigger, and faster competition.

One last point. The Blues as an organization develop prospect slowly (atleast under Pleau). If Pleau had felt he wasn't ready for the AHL, he would have played another year w/ Moncton.

blah

Jun 24, 2003
30 of Ruzicka's 34 goals were even strength. :eek:

Hopefully he develops. Roenick's deal expires after 05-06 and they'll need a 1st line RW.

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
Thank You Everyone

Thank you everyone for your help and opinions.

Well Zakharov went with the pick just before me and I quickly grabbed Ruzicka.

Overall, my draft was a very good (at least I think so). It is for a FHL SIM NHL rerate league and in round 1 I was lucky to have 2 picks and grabbbed Tukonen at #6 and Pickard at #11. Round 2 I had no picks from other trades. Round 3 I looked for gems that had been undrafted (in my league) in previous years and took Shitkov at #69 overall and Ruzicka at #81 overall. That is 4 very talented prospects on wing to add in one year, Hopefully it will pay dividends in a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->