Rank Our Available Trade Pieces

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Ottawa just asked Dion Phaneuf to waive his. He said no. They're now stuck with a player who they asked if they could get rid of. A little awkward of a situation. And yes, the Leafs could offer them up to a real contender, and perhaps should. But the contenders are going to know there's only so much competition. Just look at Kessel. Pittsburgh knew they didn't have to pay full cost. They gave up less and let Toronto eat salary. It wouldn't be any different for Bozak or JVR.

no, they asked Dion to waive his no movement clause , big difference, they can still trade Dion.

as for kessel, i would argue no one wanted him with his 8m contract.

thats not a issue with our 2, both have fine contracts unlike kessel/dion.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
In my view we only have two trade pieces, JVR and Bozak. JVR while brings a veteran presence, can be replaced internally and Bozak can also be replaced either with Nylander (yes I know they said he won't be a C), or perhaps in free agency.

I cannot see the Leafs trading the 1st or Kapanen as the team has not yet established itself as a contender so until that time we keep most of our picks and prospects.

Unless of course there's a deal to get a 20 year old NHL ready D :amazed:for Kapanen, I think he stays put. I see Kapanen as a JVR replacement more than anything. The Leafs are unlikely to trade prospects for veterans until at least next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad