Rank NHL top 10 prospects by country

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
CaptainBure said:
whoever doesn't have a henrik lundquivst as their number one or two on the Swedish list should seriously rethink their list.

maybe, but don't forget that Heino-Lindberg is a full 3 years younger and he's very skilled. Down the road, who knows which one will be better???

leafaholix*

HiggsFan said:
How so? You just admitted that you had never him play. How is that supposed to make sense? Why can't he be a top 5 or top 10 Swedish prospect? Just because he was a late pick? I want to know.

If that kind of remark was coming from a guy who follows European prospects closely, I could understand. But from a guy who admits having never seen the guy play... that's another story.

Anyway, it's fine. You don't need to reply. I'm used to your posts now. I have learned that I must take them with a grain of salt.
Alright, so I take it you've seen all the other Swedish prospects play.

I'm going by what I'm hearing from Swedes.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Leafaholix said:
Alright, so I take it you've seen all the other Swedish prospects play.

I'm going by what I'm hearing from Swedes.

No, actually I haven't all the Swedish prospects play. But I have the right to give my opinion based I what I did see and what I know without getting laughed at, especially by someone who doesn't know more than I do on Swedish prospect. That's the point, I'd say.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Sweden
1. Henrik Lundqvist (NY Rangers)
2. Niklas Kronwall (Detroit)
3. Alexander Steen (Toronto)
4. Johan Fransson (Dallas)
5. Loui Eriksson (Dallas)
6. Carl Söderberg (St. Louis)
7. Robert Nilsson (NY Islanders)
8. Johannes Salmonsson (Pittsburgh)
9. Lars Jonsson (Boston)
10. Yared Hagos (Dallas)

...off-topic...
Top 10 based on offensive upside/productivity
1. Robert Nilsson (NY Islanders)
2. Dragan Umicevic (Edmonton)
3. Carl Söderberg (St. Louis)
4. Loui Eriksson (Dallas)
5. Alexander Steen (Toronto)
6. Magnus Kahnberg (Carolina)
7. Johannes Salmonsson (Pittsburgh)
8. Jonas Johansson (Washington)
9. Rickard Wallin (Minnesota)
10. Joakim Lindström (Columbus)

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I was hoping Dragan Umicevic would sneak in at 9 or 10 on the Swedish lists, oh well. I am sure he will recieve more accolades in the nearish future.

Good to see Schremp and Greene getting some love on the USA side :)

leafaholix*

HiggsFan said:
No, actually I haven't all the Swedish prospects play. But I have the right to give my opinion based I what I did see and what I know without getting laughed at, especially by someone who doesn't know more than I do on Swedish prospect. That's the point, I'd say.
That's debatable... but, no sense in discussing it here.

;)

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
HEHEHE Thanks Predatore :)

At least you put Dragan on your off topic list :) I hope he can gain some consistence this year and maybe come to NA in the next year or two. I would love to see him play :)

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
HiggsFan said:

The funny thing in that story is that I'm pretty sure that the swedes don't know a whole lot about Heino-Lindberg since he doesn't play in the sel. He must not get a lot of attention.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
ax²+bx+c said:
The funny thing in that story is that I'm pretty sure that the swedes don't know a whole lot about Heino-Lindberg since he doesn't play in the sel. He must not get a lot of attention.

True.

Oh well, I guess we will have our answer when the WJC starts. Heino-Lindberg is expected to be the starter for Team Sweden.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Tuomo Ruutu is not a prospect anymore.

My Top 5 for Finland:

1. Kari Lehtonen
2. Petteri Nokelainen
3. Lauri Tukonen
4. Jarkko Immonen/Jussi Jokinen (Jarkko being the sure thing two-way player and Jussi being bust or boom offensive star)
5. Hannu Toivonen

I am as big a Mikko Koivu fan as it gets, but he should be nowhere near a finnish top-5 prospect list.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
mattihp said:
Tuomo Ruutu is not a prospect anymore.

My Top 5 for Finland:

1. Kari Lehtonen
2. Petteri Nokelainen
3. Lauri Tukonen
4. Jarkko Immonen/Jussi Jokinen (Jarkko being the sure thing two-way player and Jussi being bust or boom offensive star)
5. Hannu Toivonen

I am as big a Mikko Koivu fan as it gets, but he should be nowhere near a finnish top-5 prospect list.

Do you think Nokelainen is better then Immonen, Korpedo, Tukonen, and Toivenen? Just curious how you'd rank those 5 guys.

Superfluous U

Jan 15, 2004
At a Stone Prison on a Hill
Rabid Ranger said:
For the United States (in no particular order):

1) Zach Parise
2) Al Montoya
3) Patrick O'Sullivan
4) Rob Schremp
5) Ryan Whitney
6) Matt Greene
7) Dan Fritsche
8) Ryan Suter
9) Ryan Kesler *
10) Dustin Brown *

* Not sure if eligible

Rabid, I'm curious about you having Suter so far down the list. I haven't seen much of the guy, but a lot of others are putting him right at the top. Just curious if there's something in his game you don't like to put him below Whitney and Greene.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Barnaby said:
Do you think Nokelainen is better then Immonen, Korpedo, Tukonen, and Toivenen?

Korpedo? Man you guys come up with players we've never heard of. :joker:

And it's no use having Tuomo Ruutu in any lists since he can't be a rookie anymore.

Last edited:

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Newfie Bruin said:
Toivonen behind Jarrko Immonen, Petteri Nokelainen and Jussi Jokinen

Haha!!! Thats hilarious!!

(begin joke)

Yeah......you wouldnt be happy until it looked something like this:

1. Hannu Toivonen
5003884884. Kari Lehtonen
5003884885. Lauri Tukonen

(end joke)

Last edited:

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
I'll omit Canada, Russia and the US as you'll receive plenty of posts on those.

For Finland, the 2 goalies Lethonen and Toivonen have to be #1 and #2 but not necessarily in that order. I like Nokelainen ahead of Tukonen and Korpikoski for 2004 draftees.

For Sweden, Lundqvist for sure and then Kronwall. R. Nilsson should be top 5 (at least an honorable mention) based on his offensive upside alone. Tell me what you think after watching him at the WJC.

For Slovakia, Ruzicka and Meszaros for sure. Not sure if Valabik would make the top 5.

For Czech Republic
Michalek, Schwarz, Olesz, Smid and Kindl

Belarus
Andrei Kostitsyn and K. Zakharov 1 and 2 respectively.

Know Your Enemy

Registered
Jul 18, 2004
North Vancouver
1.Kari Lehtonen
2.Hannu Toivonen
3.Mikko Koivu
4.Jarko Immonen
5.Lauri Tukonen
6.Petteri Nokelainen
7.Jussi Jokinen
8.Lauri Korpikoski