Rank NHL goalie prospects #10

Who is the #10 Goalie Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
#1- Spencer Knight (Rank NHL goalie prospects)
#2- Yaroslav Askarov (Rank NHL goalie prospects)
#3- Jake Oettinger (Rank NHL goalie prospects)
#4- Jeremy Swayman (Rank NHL goalie prospects #4)
#5- Kaapo Kähkönen (Rank NHL goalie prospects #5)
#6- Lukáš Dostál (Rank NHL goalie prospects #6)
#7- Filip Gustavsson (Rank NHL goalie prospects #7)
#8- Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (Rank NHL goalie prospects #8 - Tie Breaker -)
#9- Cayden Primeau (Rank NHL goalie prospects #9)

Voting closes after 2 days. When voting, please also consider their age, a 20 y/o goalie has more room to develop than a 24 y/o goalie

Who else should be a valid option at this stage of the poll?

ELIGIBILITY : Under 25 y/o and under 45 NHL games (HF criterias)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That's what you're using to justify picking a goalie that has an .885 save percentage in the AHL?

He played 3 games in the AHL, and his age eligible league last season was the WHL. I expect he’ll be one of the best goalies in the AHL next season.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Surprised Stuart Skinner isn’t even an option at this point.

Led all AHL goalies in wins with a 20-9-2 record en route to the Condors winning the Pacific Division.

Not saying he should be in the top 10 but he should be a voting option I would think.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Surprised Stuart Skinner isn’t even an option at this point.

Led all AHL goalies in wins with a 20-9-2 record en route to the Condors winning the Pacific Division.

Not saying he should be in the top 10 but he should be a voting option I would think.

That's why you can ask him to be added. So I'll add him

Plenty of other goalie prospects not even options right now. Just for Ottawa, there is :

- Mads Sogaard : 6'7 athletic monster, he's an option but only 1 vote right now. Started his AHL career 7-0, 0.917 SV% at 20 y/po. I think he's going to rise significantly on that list in the near future

- Joey Daccord : "only" 6'2 but pretty quick and agile and probably one of the best at handling the puck. His last season in College was really good and his AHL season too.

- Leevi Merilainen : still 18 y/o, just had a stellar season in the premier junior Finland league. This pick was totally 'out of blue" in the 2020 draft but people are starting to see why the Sens were so high on him

- Kevin Mandolese : He might only be the Sens 5th best goalie prospect but he's no slouch. I saw him play live in the 2018 rookie camp and in the QMJHL and saw the potential (liked him better than Gustavsson at the 2018 rookie camp). He dominated that league in 2019-2 (19 y/o). He is really huge. Still has some work to do and like most goalies, he is a long term project but he's still only 20 y/o. Legit NHL prospect.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad