GagneOwnsYou said:
Richards
Fritsche
Bolland
Schremp
Valabik
McGrath
PerryPrust

I don't see any of the others making the NHL.

:biglaugh: :shakehead :dunno:

I asked about probable impact NHLers and potential.. Perry definately has much higher upside than Valabik and their probability of impact NHLers is probably pretty close but i'd still bet on Perry over Valabik. That big bumbling idiot is going to get embarrassed for the next 5-6 games :yo:

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
GagneOwnsYou said:
Richards
Fritsche
Bolland
Schremp
Valabik
McGrath
Perry
Prust

I don't see any of the others making the NHL.

Not trying to disagree with everything you say, but I honestly feel Syvret has a shot at the NHL, a legitimate shot. Not saying he'll make it but I wouldn't count him out.

Tom

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
thomasincanada said:
Not trying to disagree with everything you say, but I honestly feel Syvret has a shot at the NHL, a legitimate shot. Not saying he'll make it but I wouldn't count him out.

Tom
We're only talking about drafted players here. :)

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
Why has Benoit never been drafted? He's got some pretty big numbers for a defenceman, in all his OHL years....

Size, right? Or do scouts just not see him translating well at the NHL level?

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
thomasincanada said:

Tom

I think Danny has a legit shot also but he hasn't been drafted.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
trahans99 said:
Perry definately has much higher upside than Valabik

Incorrect. Valabik's upside is tremendous. Looking at him now, he is raw and has poor skating and stick skills. However, becuase of his size and tenacity, if he can be taught, like Chara, to get better in other parts of his game, becuase of his size, he will be a monster. It remains to be seen if it can be done, but his upside is much bigger than Perry's if they both pan out.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
GagneOwnsYou said:
Incorrect. Valabik's upside is tremendous. Looking at him now, he is raw and has poor skating and stick skills. However, becuase of his size and tenacity, if he can be taught, like Chara, to get better in other parts of his game, becuase of his size, he will be a monster. It remains to be seen if it can be done, but his upside is much bigger than Perry's if they both pan out.

Valabik's upside is not even close to what Chara has done in his young career. He has the size but thats it

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
trahans99 said:
Valabik's upside is not even close to what Chara has done in his young career. He has the size but thats it

I didn't mean to compare Valabik to Chara as they are dissimiliar players but due to the size of chara I am pointing out that Chara was once very raw and considered a waste etc. For some reason there is a thought from some people that defensive d-men can't have a lot of upside or potential where actually the upside of a guy like Valabik is huge. Do I think he'll ever reach it? No, but his upside is bigger than a guy like Perry.

komisakick ass

Jul 19, 2003
Top Titty, Qc
Visit site
DaaaaB's said:
If I was picking who I wanted on my NHL team the most here's the order:
1. Richards
2. Schremp
3. Bolland
4. Perry
5. Prust
6. McGrath
7. Valabik
8. Fritsche
9. Kell
10. Methot
Fritsche played in the NHL last season and you put him 8th :clap:
you know the game

kremlin

Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
This is the order in which I would take them
1. Richards
2. Fritsche
3. Perry
4. Bolland
5. McGrath (tie)
5. Schremp (tie)
7. Valabik
8. Prust
9. Kell
10. Methot

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
How Would You Compare Valabik To Alexei Semenov???

Both are similar in size, but from what I've seen of Semenov, he's no-where near mean enough for his size yet. It's to the point that any D-man over 6-5 will be compared to Chara due to size similarities, and Chara's dominance as a D-man. That said, I don't see Semenov being that type of player, not to mention that he has yet to translate ANY type of offense to the pro game. Is Valabik a similar player??? Is he better or worse than Semenov was at this point in his development??? Thanks, Bryan

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I'm looking at alot of these lists, and I wonder: how is Bolland rated higher than Perry? Perry was taken higher than Bolland. While you may say they were different drafts, that doesn't really help your case, as 2003 was much stronger than 2004.

Bias aside, I think Perry will have the most impact, followed closely by Schremp, Richards and Fritsche. Perry will be surrounded by talent once he hits the NHL, and I see him having a nice NHL career. Richards would be #1 if he was on a different team. With Jeff Carter and others ahead of him for years to come, he won't get as much exposure and icetime. Then again, Philly doesn't have alot of centers they drafted themselves anyways, so he might be elsewhere anyways.

My full list:

1.Perry
2.Schremp
3.Richards
4.Fritsche
5.Bolland
6.Valabik
7.Prust
8.McGrath
9.Kell
10.Methot

Syvret would be at about #8 or 9 if he was drafted.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Hercules Rockefeller said:
I'm looking at alot of these lists, and I wonder: how is Bolland rated higher than Perry? Perry was taken higher than Bolland. While you may say they were different drafts, that doesn't really help your case, as 2003 was much stronger than 2004.

Bias aside, I think Perry will have the most impact, followed closely by Schremp, Richards and Fritsche. Perry will be surrounded by talent once he hits the NHL, and I see him having a nice NHL career. Richards would be #1 if he was on a different team. With Jeff Carter and others ahead of him for years to come, he won't get as much exposure and icetime. Then again, Philly doesn't have alot of centers they drafted themselves anyways, so he might be elsewhere anyways.

My full list:

1.Perry
2.Schremp
3.Richards
4.Fritsche
5.Bolland
6.Valabik
7.Prust
8.McGrath
9.Kell
10.Methot

I'm not sure if your referring to my list, but I have Perry as having higher potential than Bolland but Bolland being a safer pick or bet have an impact due his all around game.

I hope Perry has an impact at the next level and think its probably a 60% chance that he will but Bolland probably at 70% being on Chicago which has no good forward prospects (Arnason and Ruutu or not prospects anymore.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
komisakick ass said:
Fritsche played in the NHL last season and you put him 8th :clap:
you know the game
Yeah and he also gets hurt every year. The guy is fragile and likely won't become a star in the NHL if he even lasts at all. If you knew anything about hockey you would know that some guys develop quicker then others. So what if Fritsche played in the NHL last year for a short time, that's because Columbus gave him a chance because they had such a weak team. Obviously you're one of those fans that thinks if a players a scoring star in junior then he will be in the NHL too. Fans that actually know something about the game know that's not always true. At least I have an opinion and don't just say what everyone else does.

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
Pepper said:
Ducks offered Perry + 1st for Comrie so they would have gotten Schremp if they had wanted him, Oilers fans like to claim that they would have picked Stafford had they gotten Duck's pick which was higher than Philly's but that's pure speculation.

Not really... Stafford already had ties to the team, and there were several stories in the dailies that had the Oilers picking Stafford.

They wouldn't have taken Schremp at 9... that's just simply a fact.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
dawgbone said:
Not really... Stafford already had ties to the team, and there were several stories in the dailies that had the Oilers picking Stafford.

They wouldn't have taken Schremp at 9... that's just simply a fact.

Yup, the Oilers would've had Stafford and Dubnyk. I was actually cheering when Buffalo nabbed Stafford!!! Seeing him at the WJC's he looks like a solid 2-way 3rd liner, which the Oilers have enough of already IMO.

FlyersFan10*

Hercules Rockefeller said:

My full list:

1.Perry
2.Schremp
3.Richards
4.Fritsche
5.Bolland
6.Valabik
7.Prust
8.McGrath
9.Kell
10.Methot

The Flyers will make room for Richards. If it means playing him on the wing, they will do so. They will do anything to have a roster spot for him. I'm not worried about Richards at all playing behind Carter and that's simply because I think Richards will end up ahead of Carter on the depth chart simply because of the overall game Richards plays. You read from most on here that Richards has a Mike Ricci type game and he'll be very good defensively. What you never read is how underrated his offensive game is and how good he can be offensively. I've said he reminds me a lot of Doug Gilmour and Bob Clarke has also said the same. I don't see anything wrong with that comparison either. Both weren't the greatest of the skaters, yet both made up for their weakness in skating by their overall hockey sense. That's something that can't be taught and it's gonna be very valuable to Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad