Rank First Round D Picks for the Last 2 Years

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
I don't think so. I think he's basically Canada's Cam Fowler.

Cam Fowler is, and always has been, a markedly better defensive player. He might not have Murphy's offensive flair, but he's going to be a much more complete player at the NHL level once he matures a bit more.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I don't think so. I think he's basically Canada's Cam Fowler.

Cam Fowler is, and always has been, a markedly better defensive player. He might not have Murphy's offensive flair, but he's going to be a much more complete player at the NHL level once he matures a bit more.

Was gonna answer Duck but Tyler did it for me, good post.

Fowler was already a great all-around defense man in his draft year, Murphy as just known for his crazy offense.

That's why Fowler found it easier to make an impact on the NHL and will continue to.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Well this post certainly makes me happy, but yes I agree. Murphy was the closest (recent) comparison that came to mind.

Wish more people had this kind of insight, rather than just staring at the -25 rating and making assumptions.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
2010 Draft Order
1-Cam Fowler
2-Erik Gudbranson
3-Brandon Gormley
4-Mark Pysyk
5-Jarred Tinordi
6-Dylan McIlrath
7-Derek Forbort

2011 Draft Order
1- Adam Larsson
2- Dougie Hamilton
3- Duncan Siemens
4- Ryan Murphy
5- Nathan Beaulieu
6- Jonas Brodin
7- Oscar Klefbom
8- Jamie Oleksiak
9- Joe Morrow
10- Stuart Percy
11- Connor Murphy

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I could see Fowler being a Zubov-type Dman, and Murphy being a Leetch-type Dman. The former may be the more complete player, while the latter may be more elite and have the higher ceiling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad