Rank Dahlin currently among NHL Ds

Where do you rank Dahlin among NHL Ds as of now?

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Voted top 20. Hesitated with top 30.

I think he's the type of player that could rise to top 5 status super quickly, maybe as early as this year or next. I don't think it'll take him long.

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
Top 20 and with progression so far, closer to top 10 by the end of the year.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
If he seriously cuts down on the gaffes in his game I think I’d have no problem putting him top 10. For now I’m comfortable with top 20.

Right now his transition game and control of the neutral zone has to be top 3 in the league (that’s my eye test idk if the stats actually back me up).

The success of the Sabres PP so far is also largely owed to him.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
top 30, but super close to top 20. If he keeps the play up, I'd probably have him at 15-20ish within a month.
Could finish the season pushing top 10 if he ends up with 60+pts

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
yeah it wont be long until hes top 5....

Ill take a stab at it:
(present)

Hedman
Karlsson
Doughty
Burns
Giordano

Jones
Rielly
Josi
Carlson
Letang

Pietro
Klingberg
Subban
Chabot
Dahlin

Slavin
Trouba
Weber
Hamilton
Ekholm/Morrissey

Nosferatu

Nov 10, 2016
yeah it wont be long until hes top 5....

Ill take a stab at it:
(present)

Hedman
Karlsson
Doughty
Burns
Giordano

Jones
Rielly
Josi
Carlson
Letang

Pietro
Klingberg
Subban
Chabot
Dahlin

Slavin
Trouba
Weber
Hamilton
Ekholm/Morrissey
So you thinK Hiskanen is worse than Dahlin?

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
If he gets a point tonight he will be the third dman IN nhl history along with Larry Murphy and drew doughty to start the season with a five game point streak as a teenager.

I don’t understand why people limited it just to Petterson and binnington, (yea lots only said those two were in the conversation, infact some said Heiskanen binnington and Petterson were only in the conversation at one point) I get that both were probably ahead but not by much. Dahlin had like just twenty less points then EP40 and u like him was as a defensemen and unlike him played in his draft year too. D is also harder then the other two positions to learn at the NHL level that young. It’s why so few dmen make it to the NHL in the first year and he only passed Bobby Orr for second all time in nhl history for best dman ever at 18.

He has a good chance if healthy to hit 60 points This year as a teenager,(IMO) and if that happens he will already have 100 pts in the NHL from The back before he even hits 20

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Top 20, but I think it could be as high as top 5 depending on what we see this season. He's going to move up, it's a question of how much. What is his base level of points per season and how good will his defense be? If he's scoring 60 points in year 2 and is above-average defensively in year 2, I think we are talking about easily top five, and maybe a guy whose in contention for the Norris.

Reactions: wetcoast

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
So you thinK Hiskanen is worse than Dahlin?

Obviously yes, but i think the term "worse" in this case is stupid because both of them are great players but if my team had to choose to pick one of them for a one year deal only i'd go with Dahlin over Heiskanen.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He needs more minutes and PK TOI to be able to fairly rank him. It’s hard to say how he would look playing the same minutes as Hedman it Doughty, he’s being heavily sheltered at the moment.

Reactions: valet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad